[RP] Tectum Clementia [Hardcore]

Reaction score
    Name: Sid Varl (Sid_Varl)

Species: Human

Alignment: True Neutral

Bio: If you had to define a ‘Spacer”, Sid would be it. 31 years ago the Varl’s left their homeworld of \"Iona\" and boarded the refugee ship “Zero” to find themselves a new home for theirs was lost to the cloud; they never did find one.

A large and over-crowded clunker is no place for a child to remain one for long; cramped space meant friction, friction meant the occasional fight, this generally led severe maiming or death. On Sid’s 6th year as a spacer runt his childhood would end, and a bloody end it would be. Work was sparse, the Zero eventually went from a temporary refugee ship to a generational scavenger ship, she would drift through the void of space dismantling anything she came across, occupied or not and on one perfect storm of a night 24 years ago she came across something too big to handle.

It started with a loud resounding CRACK through the ship and followed with a mechanical scream, metal ripping apart metal, the Zero was in pain. Armed men ran through the halls of the Zero blasting away all in their path. Sid hid in a crawl space he had made in the paneling of the ship hall, he watched in horror as the men entered his families makeshift home and decimated his mother and father. The fighting would eventually end, both ships would depart, life would go on and the forever changed Sid would learn that the Zero was now father, mother, employer and friend.

At the age of 20 Sid left his beloved Zero with enough credits to buy a small ship and a dream that was his, a future of his making with unlimited possibility. He’s cold now, he doesn’t mean to be, not that he truly cares that you think it; the childhood fairy tales of the charming prince and the loving and tender mother are exactly that and don’t fit in his cold reality, Gaia is not kind and will break a weak man. Maybe he will return to his Zero when old and frail, maybe he will let the void take him before then, all that matters now is the life he can eke out. If your goals align with his then an ally you have, threaten his goals and you will deal with his blaster and the cold uncaring eyes of a man who’s seen too much to care about your sad existence. Sid lives by one credo now “Audentes fortuna iuvat”, fortune favours the bold.

Initial Plans: Build a small ship, get into mining and trading then follow the ebb and flow of fortunes tide to my next destination/endeavor.

Reaction score
    It is still being worked on, we\'ll be live again soon. have patience, we want this to work smoothly. :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    yes the server is still offline, Ix was backing up all the old files last night. I\'m not sure if he got around to setting up the new server yet. Once the server is back up we will be rebulding some of the content so it may be down for a few more days. We are working on improving old NPCs and making new ones. I\'m also looking into getting us some dedicated forms to better help with the new mission system I\'m setting up, and to overall improve communication.

EDIT: woops Kel beat me to it lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The server is currently working, running all of the minor little \"modifications\" that make it a hardcore server. It took awhile. None of your homebases are loaded in yet, although they are backed up and ready. Expect the server to be available Wednsday night.
    Friday\'s Event will be the arrival in the sector of the Rendii Scout fleet flagship, the Triumphant. Pollitical tensions likely.

**SECOND UPDATE**

server is live! if you find your base is missing, get with me and I will spawn it. Most ships are not being carried over, nor are inventories.

**Third update**
    server was down briefly around midnight, is back up now.

Reaction score
    WOOOOOOOOOO TECTUM RELAUNCH AWWWWW YEAAHHHHH. Cant wait to see the Triumphant be released, it is going to look awesome. Should be an awesome event as well.

Reaction score
    Character Name: Kayden Armestin (KAylo)

Real Age: 17

Character ?Age: 29

Species: Valkarian (Human)

Alignment: Neutral

Bio: KAyden was born on the planet Chemora of the Vakartum System, and was a fairly decorated officer of the once powerful Valkarian Colonial Sovereign. During the third age (the colony was established nearly 900 years ago after the renaissance of space travel, 300 years is considered an age) a religous zealot group would attempt to overthrow the government due to a prophecy. Based on outdated texts, the high prophet would declare bellum internecinum against the ones he considered \"tainted\". The Cleansing would leave most of the system barren, and leave Kayden emotionally scarred after seeing everyone he loved slaughtered. Kayden fought in the skys as well as on the ground, but despite his and many others efforts the zealots would eradicate most of the VCS and leave a majority of the system in total ruin. After the grand retreat issued by the remaining council of the VCS, Kayden would go far beyond the borders of his former home to find meaning in a vague new chapter of his life...

Not much else is known about Kayden other than his mechanical skills and his work ethic. He is considered a hard worker, but also hard to talk to. When asked where he\'s from, he will simply shrug off the question and go on about other things. Despite his hardships with social interaction, he is quite the man to have aboard whether its mechanical work, building, scavenging, and mining! He can also fight, but he seems to want to avoid aiming his sights at others. Direct involvement in conflict is probably the last thing he wants on his mind.

Initial Plans: Get a nice start as a miner, and possibly join a faction to help out in whatever way possible!

Reaction score
    Character Name: Tony Velico ((tonyvelico))

?Age: 36

Species: Human

Alignment: Lawful Good

Bio:

Born in Hexelia system, on the planet Hex-5 he is naturally intelligent and medium-sized human being. He obeys the law, likes to get things done right and never hurts people without being hurt first. His passion lies in scavenging, salvaging and mining, this is his dream job.

Last time his people saw him he was leaving in medium-sized ship off the Hexelia system to find some extremely rare minerals either from asteroids or planets. The communications with his homeworld ended suddenly when his ship got attacked by vicious unknown humanoid fighters. His last words to his homeworld were: Scientia et revertar.\" Now, his whereabouts are unknown for Hexelians, but they haven\'t forgotten him, instead they are expecting him to return with powerful human-like allies.

Initial Plans: Get some wealth going on, meet some trustworthy people to create a peaceful faction of workers and traders.

I reserve the right to Veto an application.

Reaction score
    The server seem\'s to be freezing, and i logged off, came back on and i was in a different sector with literally thousands upon thousands of signatures, not sure what they were, it froze up and crashed again a second later. Then i tried to log on again, it came up with an error, but closed instantly, and now even my client is freezing, acting all weird.

Reaction score
    If your client is now acting all wierd I can almost guarantee it is you, nonetheless We will look into it. thanks for telling us Rin

Reaction score
    Yeah the clients all fixed up, but i\'m still spawning in a sector (Doesnt show me which one) with literally thousands of ship signitures in a densely packed area. Intense lag, i never actually spawn, i just spin around, and then the server goes into \"high load\".

I wasnt doing anything too weird, i was just making my base (consisted of multiple 181m radius circles) then went to go inspect a Red Wolf Ship. Then the server went unresponsive, then i logged on and spawned somewhere else.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    The server is down. I\'m not sure if it was a bug, or if I did it on accident, either way I caused it. I was spawning 3 mobs to deal with some pirates hanging around spawn. It spawned the 3 then about 45 seconds later it spawn 3 more... And then 3 more until it spawned so many it overloaded the server. If it wasn\'t a bug I must have switched the faction ID and the # to spawn in the command line. Either way I will officially no longer be spawning ships when tired. Agian sorry guys, I accept full responsibility for this one. I have already PMd Ix and Kel, they will need to fix it via the server files.

i know I could have obviously just deleted the pirates but I was trying to get two birds with one stone by re-spawning a ship for lancer and testing it vs the pirates at the same time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Server is online as of this post. Don\'t stress it, every admin so far has made this mistake somewhere.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I\'ve taken the time to set up a discussion board for TC. You can find it here: http://tectumclementia.proboards.com/. You will need to sign up at pro boards using your in game name so I know who you are. I\'m hoping this will help improve communication between players that are on during off hours. On the forums you can post your personal bio, accept admin created missions(which I plan to have up and running by Sunday) look for work or offer work, as well as arrange trade between other players.

Also, I\'ve got some projects ready to go:

The trading guild is looking for sub-contractors to assist in the construction of the Durock Weapons Fabrication facility. You will be provided with construction materials and will be rewarded once the station is complete. The station is mostly done, it just needs exterior detailing. This is an IC mission

The trading guild would also like to commission the construction of several different cargo containers of various shaps and sizes. The containers must fit in the docking slots inside the hangers at spawn. They should be made of regular hull, and have 1 plex storage inside and be empty other wise. This will also be rewarded and is an IC mission.

thats all for now, hope to see you all on the new discussion board =D

Reaction score
    Military Dossier 98870KGH6749

Name: Raine

Species:Human

Alignment: Neutral

Bio: After being in cryogenic sleep for 120 years, Raine entered a new world aboard a pod called an Ark. He was stuck in that pod for 35 days before being picked up by a passing Trading Guild patrol. In his pod Raine found a core for a ship and when he was picked the Trading Guild gave him some supplies to build his first ship in the fabled Ephebian Cluster.

3 days after being dropped off at the closest Trading Guild outpost, Raine set out on his own to get enough supplies to find his Ark and the survivors encased within. Raine, being a marine from a destroyed nation was planning on getting his revenge on the nation that destroyed his. During his campaign for revenge Raine took up drinking to forget his dead family. While he was killing his enemies he was severly wounded and barely made it to an escape pod in which he escaped into the night once again trapped with limited supplies. During his time in his escape pod Raine learned what Docendo Discimus really meant...

Initial Plans: Build the Ark listed in my bio and get a ship big enough to transport the Ark. As an experienced RPer I will make sure to help others with their ships and stations.

Reaction score
    Are you guys going to update the server yet? Been waiting patiently and i dont have any links for the previous version.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ping perfect does not have the new version up yet (tomorrow probably)
    Here is a link to the old version

http://files.star-made.org/build/
    just replace the starmade folder (don\'t forget to save your blueprints)

**edit**
    Server is now updated.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    I think ill just start a fresh new rp build on the server. My old one didnt feel that worth it to finish.