Rail Logic Glitch/Solutions?

Reaction score
    Anyone who is having similar problems please let me know.

When I dock entities to my ships/stations (Specifically doors) after a while, they fail to continue working properly. In the case of doors, when I hit the button to start my logic sequence to slide doors open, or rotate them, they simply won't respond. Watching the logic chain, all signals go smoothly. The rails change direction and the entity remains docked, but it simply won't budge.

I've tried removing blocks from my ship and the door around any edges it could be catching... no fix.
    I've played with power to make sure everything is powered correctly... no fix.
    I've messed with mass enhancers and speed controllers... no fix.
    Eventually i find that if I replace all logic and rails it might fix it. But only until it bugs out again.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating when trying to design a carrier for fighter craft.

If anyone knows of some simple fix or if this is a known bug, let me know. And if the devs see this... please let me know the status of fixing this.

Much appreciated!

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I have experienced this frustrating situation, but unfortunately I have no solution. However, I can offer some of my experience in dealing with my own individual problems in this.

When I'm playing on a public server, I find it can be often a client server cache issue. To resolve this, I disconnect and sign out of the game completely. Then I start it back up and clear the cache. At that point I rejoin the server. Sometimes you can get away with just leaving the server for a few minutes and going back on.

If it's in single player, I'm often having the close the game and restart.

For me I have noticed on my old PC, it can be anything from available memory, memory leaks, video driver and java versions that can trigger this behaviour. Mostly available memory. And this is usually sorted by adjusting the memory settings in the game or clearing of other apps running that can effect Java, like web browsers. For this reason, I tend to only run Starmade and nothing else if I can help it.

Reactions: xX_Tyvier_Xx
    Reaction score
    I have experienced this frustrating situation, but unfortunately I have no solution. However, I can offer some of my experience in dealing with my own individual problems in this.

When I'm playing on a public server, I find it can be often a client server cache issue. To resolve this, I disconnect and sign out of the game completely. Then I start it back up and clear the cache. At that point I rejoin the server. Sometimes you can get away with just leaving the server for a few minutes and going back on.

If it's in single player, I'm often having the close the game and restart.

For me I have noticed on my old PC, it can be anything from available memory, memory leaks, video driver and java versions that can trigger this behaviour. Mostly available memory. And this is usually sorted by adjusting the memory settings in the game or clearing of other apps running that can effect Java, like web browsers. For this reason, I tend to only run Starmade and nothing else if I can help it.
    Thanks for the tips. I'll try your suggestions and see if I can find a good temporary solution