Project Zenith -- A group megatitan build (We need members!)

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED

What is Project Zenith?

Zenith
    is a planned mass community project, to bring together as many players and as many skillsets as possible in the goal to build an incredible megatitan. This ship will encompass all the skills and abilities found within the StarMade community, and showcase the game itself and what can be done with it.

What is needed for Project Zenith?

We need everyone! Zenith will be a large group effort, not the work of just a few individuals. All possible skillsets are needed, for design, engineering, and construction. If you are good with logic systems, great! If not, maybe you can find your place with hull design, or any other step in the process.

Team members

Visual design
    Nauvran
    Crusade
    MrTargareyan
    GROOV3ST3R
    Jake_Lancia (Jamster0000)
    Peekie30
    Almond

Weapons
    fire219
    Crusade

Other systems
    Megacrafter127 - Logic
    mindlord0013 - Docking
    iceman6491 - Logic and Rails

General designers
    jzimmerman4
    keptick
    ZMayfire

Misc.
    Zyrr - "direction-follower" (builder)

I want to join!

Then here is the application form!

Name:
    Why do you want to join?
    What aspects of ship design/construction are you good at or interested in?
    What are some examples of your previous work or designs in the game?
    What is the tool to get in contact with you? (Skype is preferred)

Once you are accepted (and if you can use Skype), please add me on Skype: fire219simpl​

From there, I will add you to our discussion group.

Progress:

May 24th 2015 -
    Thread created. (We have to start somewhere!)
    May 25 2015 - We are already up to 10 members! Initial work will begin soon.
    May 28 2015 - We've started building concepts for various parts of the ship!

Way more to come as the project progresses...

Last edited:

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Name: Zyrr
    Why do you want to join? I was an original project member, and my interest has never ebbed.
    What aspects of ship design/construction are you good at or interested in? I can follow directions :P
    What are some examples of your previous work or designs in the game? http://imgur.com/a/71M4l
    What is the tool to get in contact with you? (this will be used to decide our main mode of communication later) Skype, Steam, TS

Last edited:

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Name: Zyrr
    Why do you want to join? I was an original project member, and my interest has never ebbed.
    What aspects of ship design/construction are you good at or interested in? I can follow directions :p
    What are some examples of your previous work or designs in the game? http://imgur.com/a/71M4l
    What is the tool to get in contact with you? (this will be used to decide our main mode of communication later) Skype, Steam, TS
    I guess you are in again. :P

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    why the hell not

Name: Nauvran
    Why do you want to join? For the heck of it and because teambuilds are fun, would also be nice to work together with new people and old, (hello Zyrr)
    What aspects of ship design/construction are you good at or interested in? Exterior or interior, I think.
    What are some examples of your previous work or designs in the game? Shipyard thread
    What is the tool to get in contact with you? (this will be used to decide our main mode of communication later) Skype, steam, email, PMs.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    why the hell not

Name: Nauvran
    Why do you want to join? For the heck of it and because teambuilds are fun, would also be nice to work together with new people and old, (hello Zyrr)
    What aspects of ship design/construction are you good at or interested in? Exterior or interior, I think.
    What are some examples of your previous work or designs in the game? Shipyard thread
    What is the tool to get in contact with you? (this will be used to decide our main mode of communication later) Skype, steam, email, PMs.
    I already said yes to you, I guess I can't change my mind now. xD

Also Crusade just said he wants to join (over Skype). :D

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I already said yes to you, I guess I can't change my mind now. xD

Also Crusade just said he wants to join (over Skype). :D
    Well I guess you're the boss so you decide :P
    But I don't hope you changed your mind

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Name: MrTargareyan
    Why do you want to join? Because team builds are fun, and because I'm going to have a 10 week summer holiday with nothing to do but eat or sleep in a few weeks.
    What aspects of ship design/construction are you good at or interested in? Visual shizz (exterior/interior)
    What are some examples of your previous work or designs in the game? My ship thread (link is in my signature, I'd give you a proper one but I'm on a crappy ipad that reloads the page and loses my post every time I try and get the link :3)
    What is the tool to get in contact with you? (this will be used to decide our main mode of communication later)
    Skype, pms or steam.

It would be worth noting that I'm not going to be particularly available until around June 20th, thanks to exams.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Name: MrTargareyan
    Why do you want to join? Because team builds are fun, and because I'm going to have a 10 week summer holiday with nothing to do but eat or sleep in a few weeks.
    What aspects of ship design/construction are you good at or interested in? Visual shizz (exterior/interior)
    What are some examples of your previous work or designs in the game? My ship thread (link is in my signature, I'd give you a proper one but I'm on a crappy ipad that reloads the page and loses my post every time I try and get the link :3)
    What is the tool to get in contact with you? (this will be used to decide our main mode of communication later)
    Skype, pms or steam.

It would be worth noting that I'm not going to be particularly available until around June 20th, thanks to exams.
    Approved.

Also since everyone signed up so far is available by Skype, this shall be the the primary communication mode. (It's alright if someone doesn't want to use Skype, but this would make things harder).

Team members should add me on Skype (fire219simpl) and tell me who you are, and I will add you to a Zenith group.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Name: Mind Lord

Why do you want to join?

I love StarMade, and it's community.

Docking systems and docking bays, number and type of ships being carried, general help.

USD type 1 design, some other designs usually made under the fictional organization "Orion Co". http://imgur.com/a/sLyh7 http://starmadedock.net/threads/introducing-usd-type-1-updated.7305/

What is the tool to get in contact with you?

I'll be watching this thread, or you can contact me via skype.

Reactions: Rumcajz

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Name: Mind Lord

Why do you want to join?

I love StarMade, and it's community.

Docking systems and docking bays, number and type of ships being carried, general help.

USD type 1 design, some other designs usually made under the fictional organization "Orion Co". http://imgur.com/a/sLyh7 http://starmadedock.net/threads/introducing-usd-type-1-updated.7305/

What is the tool to get in contact with you?

I'll be watching this thread, or you can contact me via skype.
    Approved.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Name: jzimmerman4

Why do you want to join?
    -I have never done a group build before so I would love to get more connected with the community and improve my building skills.

-I would say that I am very well rounded. I enjoy logic/rails, weapons, and detail work the most since it is less repetitive work but I can do all!

-Check out my page: http://starmadedock.net/threads/brotherhood-republic-fleets-rail-testing.174/

-This forum is a great place to contact me for I am on multiple times a day.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Name: Keptick
    Why you want to join: Because I don't want to miss out on the fun.
    What aspect of ship design are you good at or want to build: Preferably logic/automation, I can do pretty much anything, if absolutely necessary .
    Previous works: My signature and the ship linked through it.
    Best contact method: Pm via SMD or skype, if necessary.

I'm very occupied with my own megatitan atm. However, if you ever need help with the logic or whatever poke me and I'll let you know if I'm available. I'm signing up as a part-time/on-demand builder, hopefully that's ok with you.

Reaction score
    Name: ZMayfire

Why do you want to join?:
    -Never been part of a community event/build and I'd like to get more integrated with builders and gain experience to apply to my own personal builds!

What aspect of ship design are you good at or want to build:
    -I consider myself well rounded with a high capacity to be persistent in a given task. (dont stop until its over!) Also good at planning.

What are some examples of your previous work or designs in the game?:
    -Take a look here

What is the tool to get in contact with you? (this will be used to decide our main mode of communication later):
    -In the forums would probably be the best. I check it AT THE LEAST once per 2 days. I also have Skype if necessary.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    All 3 of the above are approved.

If you are willing to use Skype, my username on there is up a few posts. Add me and I'll put you in the Zenith group.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Name: GROOV3ST3R

Why do you want to join?
    - I wanted to build a proper, detailed titan for a very long time now. I have built one successful one in the past, 636m in length, and one basic one, 800+m in length. I have another, even larger project in mind which I am trying to organize first, to avoid confusion later on.
    But the one thing I always struggled with is the sheer amount of work to be done by a single person. These projects can take months or even years on your own. I would really like the opportunity to work with a group of people on a common goal in a creative and open environment.
    I used to be a creative admin on a Minecraft server Hamkingdom, which did not belong to me and was granted to me because of my contributions to the server.

- Generally, I am on the artistic/design side of construction. However, I am pretty good at every aspect of ship design if I put my mind to it. I'm okay with skeletons, hulls and interiors. I dabble in turret design now and then too, it will be a lot easier now since the rail system update. I don't mind logic systems :)

The most notable one is the Behemoth, as a completed project of a reasonable scale.

- I haven't used Skype in a long time, my account may not be available anymore. I have a TS3 server which in my opinion is much more convenient than Skype for groups with lots of in-and-out traffic. We could use it for the duration of the build.
    I could make a Skype account again if one is needed.
    PM via SMD.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Name: GROOV3ST3R

Why do you want to join?
    - I wanted to build a proper, detailed titan for a very long time now. I have built one successful one in the past, 636m in length, and one basic one, 800+m in length. I have another, even larger project in mind which I am trying to organize first, to avoid confusion later on.
    But the one thing I always struggled with is the sheer amount of work to be done by a single person. These projects can take months or even years on your own. I would really like the opportunity to work with a group of people on a common goal in a creative and open environment.
    I used to be a creative admin on a Minecraft server Hamkingdom, which did not belong to me and was granted to me because of my contributions to the server.

- Generally, I am on the artistic/design side of construction. However, I am pretty good at every aspect of ship design if I put my mind to it. I'm okay with skeletons, hulls and interiors. I dabble in turret design now and then too, it will be a lot easier now since the rail system update. I don't mind logic systems :)

The most notable one is the Behemoth, as a completed project of a reasonable scale.

- I haven't used Skype in a long time, my account may not be available anymore. I have a TS3 server which in my opinion is much more convenient than Skype for groups with lots of in-and-out traffic. We could use it for the duration of the build.
    I could make a Skype account again if one is needed.
    PM via SMD.
    You're in.

I have nothing against TS3 (though I personally prefer Mumble for voice chat), but people aren't always going to want to use voice chat. The text chat in TS3 (and Mumble) is pretty mediocre, to say the least.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well, it's ''functional'' :3 I prefer using it because people can drop in and out. With Skype, new massages pop up and become increasingly more annoying :S

Eitherway, cheers :) I'll get skype sorted if need be. Can't wait until we start :)

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Might as well give this a go...

Name: Jake_Lancia

Why do you want to join? I haven't really been very involved in the community recently, so I've decided to join the project in the hopes of my skills in building progressing further.

What aspects of ship design/construction are you good at or interested in? Interior design is my specialty currently, although I can give basic help to exterior design, logic, rails... just about anything. I like to construct functional interiors that reflect the size and function of the vessel.

What are some examples of your previous work or designs in the game? I am the current Interior designer (and build leader) of Trident Industries. There's a few shots here of interior designs I've worked on:
    My newest, cleaner style of interior, minimal colors and high lighting.
    My typical style, very blue and uses rods for lighting.
    Compact interior I created for the Quantum Rogue frigate.
    CyberTao 's Ra Rakehn Officer Lounge, made by me.
    Ra crew rooms, also made by me. (Old shot but still applicable)
    Hopefully I can come up with something that suits the theme of the ship itself, once the exterior is planned out.

What is the tool to get in contact with you? (Skype is preferred) Skype is also MY preferred method of chat right now. I'll add you sometime later. Steam is also one I use a lot due to many friends using it.

QUICK NOTES: Due to timezone differences (I'm in the UK) and exams coming up I may not be on too often, however I will endeavor to contribute as much as possible in the time I can be on.

Reactions: Rumcajz

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Might as well give this a go...

Name: Jake_Lancia

Why do you want to join? I haven't really been very involved in the community recently, so I've decided to join the project in the hopes of my skills in building progressing further.

What aspects of ship design/construction are you good at or interested in? Interior design is my specialty currently, although I can give basic help to exterior design, logic, rails... just about anything. I like to construct functional interiors that reflect the size and function of the vessel.

What are some examples of your previous work or designs in the game? I am the current Interior designer (and build leader) of Trident Industries. There's a few shots here of interior designs I've worked on:
    My newest, cleaner style of interior, minimal colors and high lighting.
    My typical style, very blue and uses rods for lighting.
    Compact interior I created for the Quantum Rogue frigate.
    CyberTao 's Ra Rakehn Officer Lounge, made by me.
    Ra crew rooms, also made by me. (Old shot but still applicable)
    Hopefully I can come up with something that suits the theme of the ship itself, once the exterior is planned out.

What is the tool to get in contact with you? (Skype is preferred) Skype is also MY preferred method of chat right now. I'll add you sometime later. Steam is also one I use a lot due to many friends using it.

QUICK NOTES: Due to timezone differences (I'm in the UK) and exams coming up I may not be on too often, however I will endeavor to contribute as much as possible in the time I can be on.
    Added.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Name: Peekie30
    Why do you want to join?
    I'd like to be a part of something big like this
    Mostly outer hull design and a bit of interiors, weapons
    Here: http://starmadedock.net/threads/peekies-intergalactic-fleet-wip-help-inspiration-welcome.5806/ , currently building a 517m destroyer with full interior. Most of my work can be found on the NFD build server
    Skype's cool, pm me for my username (dont want that for everyone to see), also TeamSpeak, Peekie30 too I think