The good, The bad, and the horrible.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Hello and welcome.
    I'm Nauvran Gerian and this here is my shipyard thread.
    This thread will be updated with new posts on the most weird and random occasions and I have no scheme or plans for posts nor releases.

In this thread you will see ships that are multiple years old from back when we had not so pretty textures and not so many fancy blocks.
    So take a travel through not only my building skills progression but also the games as I have built ships throughout the years.

To start up with is some "newer" pictures of some of my very first ships. you will go through a journey of progression and a development of techniques on how to build ships as you read along in my really horrible posts and my good and bad builds.

I hope you will take your time to read my different posts and read the lore I have written for my newest projects, and that you will of course as a starmade player and possible ship builder give some feedback in whatever way you seem fit just as long as it's constructive.

So go on, start with some old pirate ships and go on to find and look at my City-Gate universe.

Old Warhammer ship with a personal touch

"Hidden" Ice planet turrets
    Heavy Orbital Defence Turret V1.0

First test with a fighter designed to drop a warhead bomb/torpedo. Failed attempt, looked pretty though.

I was a part of the Debrisian Federal Navy, DFN, but left due to complications and started my own faction with a few friends I made in the DNF. From this new faction, the Tartaran Empire, came some new type of ships.
    Most TE ships are prototypes that were never used.

Thanatos type turret, designed for stations and large ships. Only ever used on the Tartaran home-planet Tartarus and on a trading ship made by a member.

The following ships where briefly used in the Tartaran Empire

Replica ship of the anime series "Legends of Galactic heroes"

A few more prototype ships

This ship was sadly never finished.

This ship was designed to be a strategic command ship that worked as a support vessel with power and shield support beams. It was never used in combat.

Old abandoned build

More builds are further down on the next pages, if you wish to see more you will have to look around on the rest of the thread.​

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    You have some absolutely lovely builds. i like the lightning effects in the command ship and the TE frigate.

Reactions: Nauvran

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    You have some absolutely lovely builds. i like the lightning effects in the command ship and the TE frigate.
    Thank you Oprhaniel, and this is exactly what Im looking for, peoples opinions on what is good and bad, what I need to do better and what Im good at. By the way, I really love your ships and drawings.

These are magnificent
    Thank you very much.

Reaction score
    These are all really nice looking ships. I love the detail on them, although the colours look a little plain. Other than that, great work!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The command ship reminds me alot of the dark elf ships from thor: the dark world. These are all great looking ships though :D

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    "The horrible" Uh... where is that? I can't see it.

Very nice and elegant ships, I especially like how you made a vertical capital ship. Vertical ships are a rarity nowadays, especially at capital class. The classic TE arc reactor embedded in the back is a really nice touch along with the spikes/antennas that seem to be dripping from the bottom, makes for a very intimidating ship. Perhaps adding a slight detail to the engines like an octagon grill overlay (or something) would make the ship look even better. This could also applies to your WIP ship's engines, which I personally find a bit too square-ish.

But really, just keep up the great work!!!

Last edited:
    Reactions: iPwn_ and Nauvran
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Sometimes, while perusing the Shipyards, I find ships that, quite frankly, make me feel insufficient when it comes to shipbuilding. This is one of those posts.

ALL your ships possess amazing detail and are considerably attractive.

Also, your avatar is the guy from the "Eye of the Storm" video (by Lovett) which is an awesome song.

Props all around.

Reactions: iPwn_ and Nauvran

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I am one of those persons that believe that everything I make is horrible. (or almost everything).
    So Im very happy to hear that you all like my ships. It makes me feel like Im a good builder :D

keptick Thanks a lot mate, the engines on the vertical is like that since its TE standards and the engines on the WIP ship looks boring from a distance but I have put some effort into them
    But sure I can try to make it more detailed when I have time :P

RoosterTheRed I feel the exact same way whenever I look through the shipyards :P And thank you.
    Yeah my avatar is from there, bloody good song and victorian science-fiction in general is just pure awesome

So far I have gotten a lot of likes and some very good comments, Im very happy that you guys take your time and give me an opinion on my ships, it makes me really happy and make me want to build a lot more to show!
    Unfortunately Im a bit busy with TE stuff, fixing the station on nass and such stuff, and I have some birthdays and other stuff to attend to here in the summer (my own birthday for example) .

So yeah I will make some updates on this thread as I get some stuff done on build that I can show you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I had a bit of time to do some work on my big weird thingie majingie
    So I made something "small" in the front bit of the ship.

And since Im so strange I wont be telling what it is. I want you people to guess it :P
    And I still require more criticism and opinions, if you would be so kind.

Ps. its not a Hangar

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I had a bit of time to do some work on my big weird thingie majingie
    So I made something "small" in the front bit of the ship.

And since Im so strange I wont be telling what it is. I want you people to guess it :p
    And I still require more criticism and opinions, if you would be so kind.

Ps. its not a Hangar
    Is it... A giant missile port?
    Or a reactor?
    Or a turret dock?

Very nice ships though. I love the Command ship and the Frigate. So sexy.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Zeno9141 Got it right
    Its a turret dock of sorts

This ship will only have minor Anti fighter turrets on the outside
    anything larger will be in areas like thing in the last post

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: Zeno9141
    Reaction score
    ummmmmmmmmm these ships make my diamond shaped station look insignificant :( along with every other ship i've made :( i haven't got any screenshots yet but id love if you'd look at my tread, space prison (keptick can send you a link or i can)

P.S. i didn't fight in the second vaygar war but i did make several of the ship's defense systems that were used there, aka filling in the empty space with shields and power :)

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    ummmmmmmmmm these ships make my diamond shaped station look insignificant :( along with every other ship i've made :( i haven't got any screenshots yet but id love if you'd look at my tread, space prison (keptick can send you a link or i can)

P.S. i didn't fight in the second vaygar war but i did make several of the ship's defense systems that were used there, aka filling in the empty space with shields and power :)
    Hehe :P
    I bet your prison station will be awsome
    And I have indeed read the thread you made about it. Im looking forward to see what you have made.

so you were with DFN or Vaygr?

Reaction score
    vaygar im still in it ive been working on the new station :) good luck trying to break through the shields even if it wasnt the homebase

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I had some time and wanted to have more of those turret docking things.
    So
    I went and copy pasted it a couple of times.
    But as Im the unlucky one I am, I forgot that it didnt work with symmetry
    And that kinda ruined my building mood, so I haven finished the other side yet.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I had some time and wanted to have more of those turret docking things.
    So
    I went and copy pasted it a couple of times.
    But as Im the unlucky one I am, I forgot that it didnt work with symmetry
    And that kinda ruined my building mood, so I haven finished the other side yet.

I would really suggest having a good frame set already before you begin on adding details. Otherwise you will have to build a ship around already existent details, and that might be a bit hard. But hey, those turret bays look cool. I shouldn't complain about the way you build :P

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I would really suggest having a good frame set already before you begin on adding details. Otherwise you will have to build a ship around already existent details, and that might be a bit hard. But hey, those turret bays look cool. I shouldn't complain about the way you build :p
    I have kind of an idea where the frame will go.
    You can see that by the weird lines of hardened hull.

But yeah, you are right, I should try and get the basic hull done before I do more detailing.

Thanks for the input Zeno :)

Reactions: Zeno9141
    Reaction score
    I really like that vertical command ship. I also like the design on the orbital cannon, kinda reminds me of a scene from an old side scrolling spaceship game I used to play called G-darius.