Prerelease v0.200.250

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    placing down old reactor power after placing down any other block on that entity that session seems to cause overheat that you can't reboot from, for those still building or planning to build with those

for anybody else?
    (eg spawn core, get in core, place thruster, place reactor, overheat?)

Reaction score
    > As a solution to both, we decided to handle destruction over a period of time, something we currently call the “acid” damage model.

and here we thought the new power model was bad enough!

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    > As a solution to both, we decided to handle destruction over a period of time, something we currently call the “acid” damage model.

and here we thought the new power model was bad enough!
    Do you not understand why the acid model is a great idea?

If you try to destroy all of those blocks in one engine update, you get lag. Slow it down like plasma burning through the ship, and you don't get lag. This is good.

Reaction score
    Do you not understand why the acid model is a great idea?

If you try to destroy all of those blocks in one engine update, you get lag. Slow it down like plasma burning through the ship, and you don't get lag. This is good.
    it's a workaround, the opposite of good, and the result of their absurd goal of making the universe seamless, which has only gave us bugs, lag and ruin (goal they didn't even ever reach, as combat near sector boundaries demonstrates)

Last edited:
    Reactions: GnomeKing
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Power 2.0: What the hell is this?

Someone pleas tell me this is an early April fools joke.

When the first few dev builds came out I liked what I saw, except for the stabilizers.

Now I am not sure what to think. Personally there is a problem when you can't properly power an even half way capable FTL system.

It seams to me that reactors are not generating enough power for their size or to properly utilize even a moderit number of chambers.

If I am wrong feel free to corect me, I would like to simply be mistaken about this. But as it looks now, it looks like I may be using custome configs for power.

Reactions: GnomeKing
    Reaction score
    the Power "let's make jumping from one faction to another a chore for anything but dedicated jump ship" Update

the Power "we can't balance cloak so fuck it" Update

the Power "it's released but all the content is broken" Update

the Power "but maybe weapons not" Update

Reaction score
    Great update I'm glad the power has changed to make it easier to add to your reactor without changing the entire ship. The physical tech tree, which I haven't tried yet seems like a good idea being that it allows ships to be more specialized.
    Earlier I was playing around with the repulsor block to see if I could make a hover craft to drive around in on my planet and it kinda worked but I couldn't rotate it to line up properly with the ground and being that the mouse is tied to the ship control every time I move the mouse a little bit the ship would go flying.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    Feline? I don't follow.

I would have gone with the other word for female dogs because that's who else typically uses the silent treatment.

Reaction score
    Salvage arrays are always big groups of sticks, and so will have awful integrity?
    Wow I didn't even think of that. Yeah, salvager ships got an even bigger middle finger than I thought.
    Thing is, so many system blocks end up being lines or flat sheets, like weapon barrels or a layer of shield capacitors under the hull, or those few blocks inside a diagonal wing filled with whatever... This integrity deal doesn't just hurt spagetthi, it hurts building stuff in general.

They could have just made free-floating block groups start dying off. But I suppose that was too simple.
    Actually I don't think integrity affects salvagers, cannons, and other things like that. IIRC it only affects shields, reactors, and stabilizers. But yeah, I do agree that this integrity thing is too restrictive.
    i got several 2kmas miners, all of them are unable to function under new system cause i dont have the room for the chambers and/or the new shield setup. id say Welcome to matchstick starmade. ships with 121000 recharge on max reactorboost area bit over 200blocks long. me personally thinks that is crazy as hell(not in a good way). Time to change the system schine thinks and says, but they actually made the game even worse to play. Beside that the reactorpoints for a fully boosted reactor with failsafe is 60%, we cant even make ships work with the half of the systems we had before nomatter the size of the ship you make. 40% reactorpoints you cant even get a fully functional fast recharging jumpdrive within the recharge rate of the ship.
    in the latest Stable release you only need Salvage arrays of this size:
    Salvage/Beam: 4+4 (excellent integrity) (1.choice for Logic Controlled mining)
    Salvage only: 10 Blocks per Beam (good integrity) (2.choice for Logic Controlled mining)
    Salvage/Cannon : 10+10 Blocks per beam (good integrity) (3. choice for Logic Controlled Mining / 1. Choice for Maual Aim mining)
    sorry i forgot the count for Salvage/Missile...
    so long integryty for all weapons gets seperate values per group this works really well.

and you get loads of space out of your old miners by rebuilding the Salvage arrays with the smaller block counts...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I can't remember I ever complained about anything on this forum, but why do I have to learn in last Saturday's Dev stream that the pre-release has gone to release for some time already without any notice on this forum?

I sincerely hope this will not be an example of how things will be handled in the future, personally I find this hardly acceptable.

And, if the reason is because some message threads tend to become quite toxic after some time, one can always block the reply option.
    Announcements like updates and releases should always be posted on a forum like this.

Greets,

Jan

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    And, if the reason is because some message threads tend to become quite toxic after some time, one can always block the reply option.
    Announcements like updates and releases should always be posted on a forum like this.
    Well the boards were down for like the last month while they transitioned them back over. Thats the most likely explanation, everything was locked down in read-only mode and they thought it would be back up in time that they wouldn't need to figure out alternative methods.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I can't remember I ever complained about anything on this forum, but why do I have to learn in last Saturday's Dev stream that the pre-release has gone to release for some time already without any notice on this forum?

I sincerely hope this will not be an example of how things will be handled in the future, personally I find this hardly acceptable.

Greets,

Jan
    They always post updates on steam or here StarMade News - Latest

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Why is not duplicating news on the forum such a big issue? I always get my news from the news page. If I want to discuss something, then I make a forum post, or comment on an existing one. Who opens the topic doesn't concern me.

Reactions: Edymnion
    Reaction score
    Why is not duplicating news on the forum such a big issue? I always get my news from the news page. If I want to discuss something, then I make a forum post, or comment on an existing one. Who opens the topic doesn't concern me.
    A lot of players went on hiatus months ago waiting for power 2.0 to be released, so the dock is what they were using to keep an eye on things to know when they should come back

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    A news post would take 25 seconds to make and link, just like every other news post.

Why it is so challenging is beyound me.

Reactions: Endal and Lecic
    Reaction score
    "agree" - a news post would have got me posting this earlier:

Checking out latest build I am pleasantly surprised:

MULTI-DIMENSIONAL stabilizer rules : Good ! :)

This concept works much better than 1-dimensional stabilizers. Several people already suggested similar ideas on the forum some weeks/months ago.

What is very promising is that this development seems to show how new rule-sets can be added over basic mechanics - this gives me hope Schine can deliver on a base-system that incorporate future expansions, rule-sets, complexities and mods.

Keep up the good work....[just AI, collisions, fleets, sector boundaries, damage propagation, etc to sort out now ... :/ ]