Prerelease v0.200.250

Discussion in 'Game News' started by schema, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Az14el

Az14el Lord Procrastinator General

placing down old reactor power after placing down any other block on that entity that session seems to cause overheat that you can't reboot from, for those still building or planning to build with those

for anybody else?
      (eg spawn core, get in core, place thruster, place reactor, overheat?)

2. LoSboccacc

> As a solution to both, we decided to handle destruction over a period of time, something we currently call the “acid” damage model.

and here we thought the new power model was bad enough!

• Funny Funny x 2
    3. Spartan-228

• Spam/Offtopic I
      Just this.
      [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Valiant70

Valiant70 That crazy cyborg

Do you not understand why the acid model is a great idea?

If you try to destroy all of those blocks in one engine update, you get lag. Slow it down like plasma burning through the ship, and you don't get lag. This is good.

• Agree Agree x 3
    5. LoSboccacc

it's a workaround, the opposite of good, and the result of their absurd goal of making the universe seamless, which has only gave us bugs, lag and ruin (goal they didn't even ever reach, as combat near sector boundaries demonstrates)

#745 LoSboccacc, Jan 21, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Spartan-228

Power 2.0: What the hell is this?

Someone pleas tell me this is an early April fools joke.

When the first few dev builds came out I liked what I saw, except for the stabilizers.

Now I am not sure what to think. Personally there is a problem when you can't properly power an even half way capable FTL system.

It seams to me that reactors are not generating enough power for their size or to properly utilize even a moderit number of chambers.

If I am wrong feel free to corect me, I would like to simply be mistaken about this. But as it looks now, it looks like I may be using custome configs for power.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    7. LoSboccacc

the Power "let's make jumping from one faction to another a chore for anything but dedicated jump ship" Update

the Power "we can't balance cloak so fuck it" Update

the Power "it's released but all the content is broken" Update

the Power "but maybe weapons not" Update

• Like Like x 2
    8. jamesbuildwise

Great update I'm glad the power has changed to make it easier to add to your reactor without changing the entire ship. The physical tech tree, which I haven't tried yet seems like a good idea being that it allows ships to be more specialized.
      Earlier I was playing around with the repulsor block to see if I could make a hover craft to drive around in on my planet and it kinda worked but I couldn't rotate it to line up properly with the ground and being that the mouse is tied to the ship control every time I move the mouse a little bit the ship would go flying.

9. Dire Venom

WHERE IS THE NEWS POST???

Every other update bar this one has had a news post.
      What went wrong schemaschema ?

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    10. Lecic

Lecic Convicted Lancake Abuser

Well, you know the other word for cats, right?

Yeah, he's being one of those right now...

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Crashmaster

Crashmaster I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one

Feline? I don't follow.

I would have gone with the other word for female dogs because that's who else typically uses the silent treatment.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Antikristianos

in the latest Stable release you only need Salvage arrays of this size:
      Salvage/Beam: 4+4 (excellent integrity) (1.choice for Logic Controlled mining)
      Salvage only: 10 Blocks per Beam (good integrity) (2.choice for Logic Controlled mining)
      Salvage/Cannon : 10+10 Blocks per beam (good integrity) (3. choice for Logic Controlled Mining / 1. Choice for Maual Aim mining)
      sorry i forgot the count for Salvage/Missile...
      so long integryty for all weapons gets seperate values per group this works really well.

and you get loads of space out of your old miners by rebuilding the Salvage arrays with the smaller block counts...

• Like Like x 2
    13. GnomeKing

i do not like this

• Like Like x 1
    14. Jananton

I can't remember I ever complained about anything on this forum, but why do I have to learn in last Saturday's Dev stream that the pre-release has gone to release for some time already without any notice on this forum?

I sincerely hope this will not be an example of how things will be handled in the future, personally I find this hardly acceptable.

And, if the reason is because some message threads tend to become quite toxic after some time, one can always block the reply option.
      Announcements like updates and releases should always be posted on a forum like this.

Greets,

Jan

• Like Like x 3
    15. Edymnion

Well the boards were down for like the last month while they transitioned them back over. Thats the most likely explanation, everything was locked down in read-only mode and they thought it would be back up in time that they wouldn't need to figure out alternative methods.

16. Nauvran

Nauvran Cake Build Server Official Button Presser

They always post updates on steam or here StarMade News - Latest

17. NTIMESc

Why is not duplicating news on the forum such a big issue? I always get my news from the news page. If I want to discuss something, then I make a forum post, or comment on an existing one. Who opens the topic doesn't concern me.

• Like Like x 1
    18. Nosajimiki

A lot of players went on hiatus months ago waiting for power 2.0 to be released, so the dock is what they were using to keep an eye on things to know when they should come back

• Like Like x 3
    19. Dire Venom

A news post would take 25 seconds to make and link, just like every other news post.

Why it is so challenging is beyound me.

• Like Like x 2
    20. GnomeKing

"agree" - a news post would have got me posting this earlier:

Checking out latest build I am pleasantly surprised:

MULTI-DIMENSIONAL stabilizer rules : Good ! :)

This concept works much better than 1-dimensional stabilizers. Several people already suggested similar ideas on the forum some weeks/months ago.

What is very promising is that this development seems to show how new rule-sets can be added over basic mechanics - this gives me hope Schine can deliver on a base-system that incorporate future expansions, rule-sets, complexities and mods.

Keep up the good work....[just AI, collisions, fleets, sector boundaries, damage propagation, etc to sort out now ... :/ ]

• Like Like x 3