Prerelease v0.200.250

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol for the AI the AI ships need to circle into port so to speak rather than lawn-dart into port. >.>

Reactions: Dire Venom

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    the Power "let's make jumping from one faction to another a chore for anything but dedicated jump ship" Update

the Power "we can't balance cloak so fuck it" Update

the Power "it's released but all the content is broken" Update

the Power "but maybe weapons not" Update
    the Power "this will take a few months to refine" update.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hello everyone,

Like many of us, one of my biggest concerns in StarMade is making the transition from the old power system to the new reactor system. Either trying to update my old constructions, which is not always possible, either by creating new constructions.

This week, I spent many hours working on the development of a warpgate and was amazed to see such an aberration in the amount of energy needed to blow up a ship!

This is amazing: a reactor of more than 2 million e / sec (20,000 block) is not enough to carry a hapless ship of 20 x 10 x 10 blocks !?

I understand that the developers to propose a proportionality between the energy consumption and the mass of the ship to be transported but such an imbalance is reasonable?

Such an excess makes completely useless the interest of manufacturing warpgate, which according to your rules must be complemented dedicated taking into account the consumption of the chambers which use more than 50% of the reactor, and that not to mention the dimensions of the rooms which must be implemented in the parent structure, for the present case 10,000 blocks per chamber.

Conclusion: is it reasonable to have to build a jump gate of 500,000 blocks with all the inconvenience this entails for using it with microbe-sized ships?

Are not there, according to you, dear developers, a serious problem of balance as for the exploitation of the wapgate?

Thank you in advance for your interest in this topic.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    So, why did the News Posts die as a thing Developers do on here again...? Oh thats right... Schine thought it was smart to intentionally only do it in the Launcher....

Reaction score
    Hello everyone,

Like many of us, one of my biggest concerns in StarMade is making the transition from the old power system to the new reactor system. Either trying to update my old constructions, which is not always possible, either by creating new constructions.

This week, I spent many hours working on the development of a warpgate and was amazed to see such an aberration in the amount of energy needed to blow up a ship!

This is amazing: a reactor of more than 2 million e / sec (20,000 block) is not enough to carry a hapless ship of 20 x 10 x 10 blocks !?

I understand that the developers to propose a proportionality between the energy consumption and the mass of the ship to be transported but such an imbalance is reasonable?

Such an excess makes completely useless the interest of manufacturing warpgate, which according to your rules must be complemented dedicated taking into account the consumption of the chambers which use more than 50% of the reactor, and that not to mention the dimensions of the rooms which must be implemented in the parent structure, for the present case 10,000 blocks per chamber.

Conclusion: is it reasonable to have to build a jump gate of 500,000 blocks with all the inconvenience this entails for using it with microbe-sized ships?

Are not there, according to you, dear developers, a serious problem of balance as for the exploitation of the wapgate?

Thank you in advance for your interest in this topic.
    The real reason for your warpgate not workling probably is that it's not fully updated to power 2.0 yet and still waits/needs the full amount of "stored energy" for the jump instead of storing the needed energy like the other systems do.

so its not unbalanced. its just not finished yet. (it also has been aleady ben reported as a bug)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    has there been any progress getting the game to be compatible with intel graphics cards?
    Do you mean it doesn't currently run on intel HD graphics?
    I was able to comftably run SM on mý intel craptop for 4 years XD
    What issues are you encoutering:?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Previous incarnations wouldnt initialize the game world on my intel laptop. Ive checked the latest version and it does run. I might have been misremembering the problem, but it seems to hqve been fixed whatever it was...

Something weird with the lighting though, its like ultra dark, cant see shit. Cant find any display settings for brightness now myabe its just too dark to see that :v

Last edited:
    Reactions: MacThule

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Maybe I'm playing a different version than what you are talking about. But this game started out being way beyond it's time, and with some of the recent changes, ie power 2.0, Starmade will continue to show me that complexity that I have always wanted in a game. I don't play Starmade for the ease of it, I play it because it challenges me to design better and better until I have something new that I would have never made if it wasn't for the push back.
    Why are you bumping a thread that is from early 2018...?

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Why are you bumping a thread that is from early 2018...?
    Obviously the guy was a bit late in his reply, but unlike many people with goldfish-like memories, he chose to at least answer the question asked of him.

Why is it such a huge issue that an older thread was replied to? What harm does it do you?

Pick one: we can either 'necro' old threads with new questions or relevant info, or we can start a new thread every time instead. Wouldn't you rather all the conversation on a topic be in one thread instead of scattered across dozens of threads?