Personal Defense - Armor, Weapons, Boarding, Robots, and Medicine

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you can\'t read the image text, here is a link to the full size image on my tumblr. I also have a lot of cool illustrations on there! (shameless self-promotion!) http://parallelblog.tumblr.com/image/55605311738

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I didn\'t credit you in my post, but a lot of your ideas went into my diagram! Also, I like the idea of having a miniature crafting system for items. EVERYTHING SHOULD BE MODULES!!! I agree though it would be buggy for a long time... I would rather the weapons be modules, and the items and armor just be items, to keep things simpler... i guess :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That picture is pretty cool! I hope we get pauldrons in the future, because pauldrons determine how important you are on the battlefield.

Regarding cyborgs, yes that would be very interesting. We could have nightvision cybernetic eyes to see in the dark, or thermal vision cybernetic eyes to see living things through the dirt and rock. Bionic weapon arms, cybernetic skin-grafted metal armor plates, cybernetic lungs that allow us to breathe longer, bionic legs that make you run faster, etc...

And as a side effect we end up looking like this

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don\'t know if the cyborg parts idea is a good one cause if armors and powersuits are placed in the game, having machines parts in you would seem a bit useless don\'t you think, especially if the armors and powersuits will have all of those things and even more. Besides if you do get cyborg parts you\'ll be more of a billy then a human. It would probably be more for aesthetics then real tech, if it\'s only for that then hell yea add those suckers, I want to look like a cybran.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If they add powersuits they should use the same grid interface they would use on the gun (Credits to CorneliousCrowe on the grid design) and the blocks would be half the size of the normal blocks. Prehaps one of the factory modules can shrink the blocks (Plexshrinker) and you can shrink blocks or cut those blocks in half, that could also be used on the main ship to fill in areas you don\'t want a large block in. The powersuit would be have it\'s own core (Suit Core or AC Core) from there you can make it like a ship adding Suit engines, suit thrusters, cannons, turret docking modules. The end product would be this, you would probably be as tall as the suit\'s hip area.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Mobs are going to be added to the game, I wouldn\'t be surprised if there were mobs that are really hard to kill. Some people would get pissed if they try to kill this mobs up close to get their loot and ended up getting killed multiple times while only killing one or two mobs, if that happened to me I would get enraged, jump into my ship and just blast them all with my missiles but what\'s fun about that, especially if you\'re trying to get their loot (Well it is fun and all but still). At least with the armor and/or powersuits people will have better chance with the mobs. I know I talk a lot about faction wars, but just imagine a bunch of people with suits flying around a planet shooting eachother with mini lasers, missiles, and the such. They have a chance to fight without being on the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Machine parts =/= Armored bodyparts. Maybe they\'d permanently increase your health? Because I don\'t know any powersuits that give you extra/replacement arms, legs, tentacles, tails and possibly even heads, or gives you redundant organs and armored exoskeletons. And all of this without the need to wear armor all the time.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    so we need to mount guns that are larger then an actuall human on to our shoulders to shoot ships?

Reaction score
    What happens when the Robots go crazy, or there is a glitch and all the faction modules in them reset...then you have another cylon war...

and that means we are all dead...BRING ON THE BATTLESTARS!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    not just battlestars,

BRING ON THE VIPERS

vipers probably did more then the battlestar gallactica ever did anyway.