Personal Defense - Armor, Weapons, Boarding, Robots, and Medicine

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe we can lock down plexdoors and vent out the oxygen in certain parts of the ship so intruders are forced to use emergency oxygen tanks, or suffocate. Without oxygen, it\'s kind of hard to fight security robots who don\'t breathe. Hehe

Reaction score
    What if the robots controlled the ship, they keeled u and took over your ship, dat would be bad :C

Reaction score
    With all this stuff I could see it being used when the devs decide to add aliens (anyone who says don\'t you mean if, cmon. you realy think in a game about space planets and exploration there will now be any form of extraterestrial life besides us.) they can have armies on the planet that can inclued turret AAs and cities with those robots guarding it. I could see some new shop on those planets that sell different types of those weapons than space shops like say (Example) the klingon would sell weapons with a more startrek look and maybe a cirtain boost on them that would relate them to klingons and maybe even a different noise or something just so that you can tell when you are being shot at by a klingon and when you are being shot at by an space marine or something. same with the armor. who wouldn\'t like to dress like a klingon while you attack a ship designed like the enterprise.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wait, a bobby that flies a group of billy-s over and they work while I never left my ship? Brilliant! Billy can slap down a new Bobby and faction unit onto the enemy ship.. making it an ally. Long live AI!

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Or, instead of having this complicated system, why not just add a group of microblocks and a system by which you design your own equipment? A factory GUI that lets you place blocks in a mini-environment, perhaps?

Different power cores and explosive types, of course, would have to be manufactured and possibly bought - but it\'d be nice and in-line with the gameplay style. To add to it, these microblocks are to be given block destruction possibilities so that killing a person depends on punching through their armor and/or destroying their gun. Follow up by looting their gear if you\'re good enough to knock their head off without breaking anything.

It\'d be awesome to prove people that spikey and badly crafted gear is stupid.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You want everyone to shoot the same thing? That sounds rather boring if you ask me. I\'d expect multiple different weapons in the future. At least anti-ship weapons

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Or we can just design our own weapons, including weapon modules that determine the effect, with the shape of the weapon design determining the effectiveness.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Yeah, so it\'s at the same level as ship making.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It would be a cool idea if you could drop billies from a carrier, this would help out in a war between factions or invading inhabited planets. You could have them docked onto a carrier and once you get close to a planet where the gravity starts to affect it, you could drop the billies and have them go for the enemies. Of course I would turn mine into cannon fodder while I sneak through the back and destory the base from the inside. Just think if the powersuits, vehicle cores, and AI droids are implemeted a really cool war can happen, if the planet is big enough which I heard they will be.

Oops didn\'t know the picture would be this huge, just scratch out that tall dude and a war between factions can look like this.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    BTW the anti-ship weapons wouldnt work cause of shields, and since only ship mounted weapons are strong enough to break shields...FAIL.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Of course the tanks and billies would have to use hover thusters, enough that it\'s off the ground but not enough to launch it into space. Jesus I want to ride a tank, one person piloting it shooting missiles while another person is on the big turret on top shooting as well. And since there are two cores if one core goes down and the person dies, the person in the turret would need to get out and take over the tank so it doesn\'t overheat and dissappear, and if the turret gets hit, that\'s ok cause the tank can still move.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Billy #1506 \'Sir, we are losing ground, requesting additional units.\'

Space Command \'Aid is on its way\'

Commander \'This is taking too much time, Adjust angle, twenty degrees. Prepare the Antimatter Cannons.\'

Space Command \'What about our forces sir?\'

Commander \'They are just droids. We will build replacements. Fire!\'

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Billy #1693 \"Squad Delta, reinforce defencive parameters around location 2,6,34 their forces are dwindling.

Billy #2453 \"Squad Gamma and Beta has been destoryed, sending the remaining reserve to the battlefield\"

Billy #1113 \"Push deeper, their troops are falling back and their convoys have been destoryed\"

Billy #1693 \"Roger Roger\"

Billy# 5236 \"We might not need those reinforments after....hey what\'s that in the sky?\"

Billy #3269 \"It kind of looks like....\"

Large explosion where the laser hit and everyone is dead

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Commander \'Eh.. Repairing them all would of been a chore. *mutters* Send down clean up crew Sigma and have three additional squads land to mop up anything else that may of survived.\'

Side question.. How many people will start up factory lines of Billy units as soon as something similar is added in as a \'build\' only option?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Crew Memeber #3 \"Wow, was it really necessary to blow this whole place up with that massive laser cannon?\"

Crew Memeber #1 \" I don\'t know and I don\'t care, I\'m not paid to ask questions.\"

Crew Memeber #2 \"Wait...ARE we getting paid\"

Something moves behind Crew Memeber #3 and he freaks and fires shooting whatever it was on the head

Crew Memeber #3 \"Oh jesus that scared me, oh god give me a minute so my heart goes back into my chest and out of my stomach\"

#1 and 2 go check it out and it turned out to be the only surviving droid

Crew Memeber #2 \"Oh whoops......well the commander did say to kill anything that survived.\"

Crew Memeber #1 \"Yea we\'ll just go with that, good shot though right between the eyes....well if it had....eyes.

Crew Memeber #3 \"Awww crap\"

Answer: I WELL