Personal Defense - Armor, Weapons, Boarding, Robots, and Medicine

Reaction score
    Robots could be helpful...but using them as soldiers is bad.

A) because a robot would be a terrible soldier, they cant fight players...as per the laws of robotics established by Isaac Asimov. If you know them already, you understand my point, If you don\'t know them or need a refresher, they are as follows:

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
    2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
    3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Thus, they would be terrible security...as for automatons...or automatic fabricated beings...they will eventually rebel, as exampled in every instance of thier usage since the idea was first thought up...

Personally, I don\'t trust them...just vent the atmosphere...or dont, and then replace it with poison gas, OR BETTER YET; The floor is now lava, have fun.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    The laws of robotics are specifically designed for Artificial Intelligence, though.
    If the robots are non-sentient, then they may be used for any purpose.

Simple in-game explanation - every Astronaut is outfitted with an RFID chip for identification purposes which may be tracked from any source within range. That RFID chip sends out a faction affiliation signal.

If an AI senses that signal, it immediately turns to face the source, checks if there\'s a path to the signal, and follows it - or, if the signal is unblocked by any form of obstacle, the AI immediately opens fire with whatever equipment it has. If the AI is set to fire upon friendlies, then it will only fire beneficial equipment. If the AI is set to fire upon enemies, then its actual weapon systems kick in.

The bots don\'t see humans, they see targets. They also don\'t see ships - again, they see targets.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    > as per the laws of robotics established by Isaac Asimov

too bad star wars battle droids :c

Besides, I play too much Space Station 13. I know dem loopholes. PEOPLE IN THAT OTHER FACTION ARE NONHUMAN AND THEY ARE HARMING ME!

BESIDES! We have BOBBY AIs that fight pirates so too bad

Oh and OP edited, now we have SUMMARIES and LISTS! Also, CONGRATS TO MYSELF BECAUSE WE HAVE THE 3RD MOST REPLIES IN ALL OF SUGGESTIONS!

Reaction score
    good idea, but i think it would result in huge walking blocks..., also i think you meant 1/4 the size

Reaction score
    if we are talking about robots then take a look at this thread http://star-made.org/content/suggestion-1

Reaction score
    also there should be something like the cores docking beam, just from another block, it would dock your ship to the target object at the point you aimed like a magnetic beam or some kind of harpoon, the larger your ship the more you need to dock

Reaction score
    i only linked it because i was too lazy to reformat it :D

op had a good idea and i developed a bit, i think it is a good idea for unmanned space ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So by that logic they should post here not us post there.

As for the other topic, he is only talking about breaking a Bobby AI into two different AI units and adding a little more customization to them, not a new idea.. We are talking about brand new AIs all together, we even named one type, have you forgotten about Billy?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Post #28. Also, there are many older Topics talking about proving Bobby AI. Such as programing them yourself: http://star-made.org/content/programmable-ai-coding, or just general advanvements of the controling the Bobby AI remotely: http://star-made.org/content/improved-ai-remote-control.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    in reguards to anti ship weapons, the way you put it to me sounds like planet based flak so to say. anti orbital weapons. personally i think he just just initiate fall damage lol then you could do some serious mass accellerator cannons and such lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If the billy AI reacts just like the Bobby AI then I wouldn\'t be surprised if the Billies become Dumb Missiles and just run at you firing their weapons. If they move to the sides they would most likely crash into a side of a hill and stay stuck there for a while. They wouldn\'t take much cover, cause in space battles if there are asteroids around and there are too many pirates shooting at you then I would take cover behind some asteroids till my shields recharged and all of my weapons reloaded especially the missiles. The Billies would just charge your position and not really do much else. But if they did it would freak out some players, you would essentially be fighting a tiny ship, they would have armor hulls and shields that the player would have to use all of their weapons to kill one. They don\'t have to be good AI to be affected by the laws of robotics.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    For sure the Vehicle Core will be added cause Shema said he would, it was like his little secret but it soon got out. If the Billy AI are not made cause with that a lot of work will have to go in that it might be turned into a Mod, I wonder if you could turn the Vehicle Cores into droids. If adding a bobby AI to a ship can make it go by itself and shot enemies by itself then why not the vehicle cores. But of course it would be maybe two or three of those vehicle droids you could carry if your ship is big enoug, but they would be big not the small droids we all are talking about. Have them on the bottom of your ship, get close to the planet and drop two of them, get into YOUR own vehicle droid (Like a mecha I guess) and drop yourself onto the planet while the other two are shooting. Do you guys think that would be a good idea?

Wait I just discribed and mechwarrior, where is my brain today?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    > get into YOUR own vehicle droid (Like a mecha I guess) and drop yourself onto the planet while the other two are shooting

That\'s mechsuits not BILLY AIs