Personal Defense - Armor, Weapons, Boarding, Robots, and Medicine

Reaction score
    What I was saying is that there should be strategy involved in a naval crew, so that if you Intend to have boarding combat, you would have to build weapons specifically for that porpose. Another thing should be that your weapons take damage over time, and are required to be repaierd. Although,this should be easier than the minecraft repair system

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Repairkits, perhaps?

I can imagine that powerful weapons would overheat, melting the barrel and causing massive damage to the gun. Maybe the light generators that lasers make could also take damage over time as the laser is fired. That way, a giant plasma minigun would probably explode in your face if not made of expensive materials like Insanium.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Has anyone thought of storing credits yet? It would benefit so you don\'t have to worry a lot when you die and you are the only thing holding onto credits. There should be some special slot in each plex storage and maybe have the ,aximum amount of credits stored maybe...10 mil?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If you are killed, but you put most of your credits in a safe place, you don\'t have to worry a lot.

Also, it\'ll ease down the maximum credit issue and there shouldn\'t be a lot of complaints.

Reaction score
    Two words...

CAMO DUSTER COATS!

The armor should add layers to your hitbox. The armor should also be buildable with mini blocks. But every block would add to your hitbox, and more armor equals more thrusters needed in the armor. Thats right, I said thrusters. they would increase your speed and jump power up to twice your character\'s in gravity, and screw shipcore shuttles in space. (it accelerates you just like a shipcore in space.) The idea is that only chestplates would be existent, but it could cover the whole body.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yes the armour shall add to the hit box, for the armour itself, and with that i mean you can\'t take health damage by hits that dosen\'t penetrate the armour and goes into the player

And also armour would have to be divide into legs, chest, arms and head, to make possible animations compatible!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you want a super lightweight vest, you\'re gonna have to leave off the protection from the back

But hey at least your front is covered! ... Just not very well

Reaction score
    I dont think your ideas would work very well. ITs a space exploration game not an fps. Why would you want to board a ship when you can just blow up its core? I dont know about you but i dont have 20 people on my ships to use as a boarding party either. And why would you need a mech of the size you described? even plannets wouldnt be very big to fight on with them. And how do they move in space without thrusters? why move them if you could just fly it around space? and you could always make a mech looking suit with how the game is already. just dock it in your ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    > ITs a space exploration game not an fps

When did I say it was an FPS?

> Why would you want to board a ship when you can just blow up its core?

For the loots! And what if you don\'t want to blow up the ship? What if you want to take it for yourself?

> I dont know about you but i dont have 20 people on my ships to use as a boarding party either.

I don\'t know about you, but I\'m pretty sure some people do have 20 people on their shps to use as a boarding party

> And why would you need a mech of the size you described

In case there\'s 20 people being used as a boarding party and you only have 1 guy to take them all on by themself

> even plannets wouldnt be very big to fight on with them

Planets are pretty big, and they\'ll probably get bigger in the future. We already have ships the size of planets.

> And how do they move in space without thrusters

Jetpacks, harpoons/grappling hooks, etc. Did you read the OP? Besides, mechsuits aren\'t designed for space

> and you could always make a mech looking suit with how the game is already

Making a robot-shaped spaceship is not the same as making a robot with moving legs, with the ability to turn its torso 180 degrees like the mechs from Battletech

tl;dr ASDFSDFLKER STOP NOT LIKING THE THINGS THAT I LIKE RAEG CALL OF DUTY BATTLEFIELD OMGHAXORS PEW PEW

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i could just imagine it now... your ship hs just been damaged and your win is broken... so you send out a repair droid [which just happens to be called R2-D2] and then you would have a droid on your ships hull tha never dies and fixes your ship for you... but you need to have the capability for the droid to repair or place missing blocks to help with the fixing process. but they would need to have the required block in a containment block [plex storage backpack] so that way you arent getting free blocks on a ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Do you even know what a FPS game is?! A FPS game is a game the featuers a first person view AND it also featuers atleast one projectile that the player can luanch, or shoot, in a first person view.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    My point exactly.

(My prev post was directed at myspazmo, not you)