Personal Defense - Armor, Weapons, Boarding, Robots, and Medicine

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    that is like all i read in the topics titles, i mena c\'mon there\'s already a topic for this that\'s WAY larger! Contribute to it (this one) instead!

Reaction score
    just the editor. Build your own armor, build your own gun / melee weapon from blocks. It could be exactly like the ship editor, even using exactly the same blocks, only scaled down to 1/10th size. (shields, power gen, armor plating, even thrusters for jetpacking.) New blocks for the new features.

To make the armor work, we would need a more anatomically correct player character, with distinct areas where distinct armor segments could be built upon. (Head, torso, groin, etc.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Tiers would be something i\'d like to see assigned after you created the weapon/armour (for example weapons(and armour) would be tired by the stats, with the weapons with the higest tier being the highest tier (per server) (I\'ll mesure DPS to make it simple) if the top tier weapon has 100 dps and is tier 10 a tier 1 weapon would have a dps of 11-20, tier 2 = 21-30 tier 3 = 31-40 tier 4 = 41-50 tier 5 = 51-60 and so on (Tier 9 \'roof\' would be tier 10 minus one, so in this case tier 9 would be 91 - 99, and to make that more dynamic each stat would have diffrent values (just becuase a weapon has 100 shots per mag doesn\'t mean it should be top tier). So yes no tiers but tiers would rather be a sort of ranking of weapons and armour (maybe more?) on servers. and absolutly yes to anatomically correct player character + armour

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Laser pole. 10 foot one. I need one. Any D&D player knows the usefulness of a 10 foot pole. also lasers

+I agree with everything else, it\'s just I couldn\'t think of anything else to add to this thread beyond my support, hence ten foot laser poles.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    we could talk about weaponry and armour for ships, as hand held weapons are smaller scales of larger weapons and vice versa.

Reaction score
    I must say i enjoyed reading this thread. I\'d love if aload of this stuff could be implemented (maybe one day it will be who knows?) but it seems from a coding point of view it would be very very hard to do. I most like the idea of flying around and suddenly getting boarded. Would mean people could make the use out of small vessels instead of going for the biggest thing with the most weapons attatched on. Would also give a bigger purpose to fleet action.

Monkey

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Something I would add is that the armour, if any, should have optionally toggleable in visibility. Something that bugged me in Minecraft for one was that the armour required for most things made having a skin be kind of pointless, since you\'re generally going to be covered in the armour. So, the armour should be toggleable in whether other people can see it on you.

Downside: cannot predict the strength of those you are fighting against if they have it turned off or have no armour

Upside: Adds increased roleplaying functions and allows for people to show off their skins, allowing for psychological DPS on enemies.

Reaction score
    I disagree that armor being invisible. In minecraft pvp, armor textures make the difference between life and death, it makes you look intimitading, and tells you if you should attack directly or plan an ambush. It would be unfair to take away the visibility of armor, don\'t wear it if you need to see your skin

Reaction score
    I think it would be interesting to see if people built weapons that were strong enough to break through hull. I think there should be some penalty for something like that, as weapons made for ship borne combat shouldn\'t be able to break blocks, as explosive depressurization would kill everybody in the room/corridor. I propose that someone who breaks a block should take damage or be teleported out of the ship, adding realism to the game. For that matter, anyone who enters a section of breached hull should be sucked out. I think this would add realism to the game. This would definitely be hard to implement, but we can dream. also, as suggestion forums go, this is one of the best.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don\'t see anyone being able to rip off a laser cannon off a ship and lugging it around for handheld use, and until that happens, this thread stays about handheld weapons :P

Reaction score
    lol minecraft is all about ambushing the target and then raiding their base, that literally the entire game, I hope we never start losing our items when we die.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We don\'t need to start dropping items when we die for this to work - If you\'re a miner, most of your items would be stored in a plexstorage unit. Those could be raided

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    > as weapons made for ship borne combat shouldn\'t be able to break blocks, as explosive depressurization would kill everybody in the room/corridor

Which is exactly why I\'m suggesting that ship weapons should not be able to shoot through itself (i.e, put a block in front of the cannon, it still shoots). That way, if you put your cannon inside your ship to kill all the trespassers, it would end up destroying parts of the ship, which would force you to repair it.

Also, I think it says somewhere in my suggestion that handheld weapons specifically can NOT damage ships, although there are exceptions for heavy weapons like missile launchers and cannons...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    That wasn\'t at all what i was on about :D. You know cannons in tanks? those are basicly (super) high caliber rifles, nothing that you would be able to lugg about. but it is really just a rifle that has been super sized. I kind of meant that most things that can be hand held weapons would also have a \'big brother\' that\'s made to be fitted on ships. you get me? :D