Personal Defense - Armor, Weapons, Boarding, Robots, and Medicine

Reaction score
    Me and my freind are java coders... Have you had any offers to make ths into a mod yet? If not we could... pm me if u r intersted.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    it appears as if this thread is seldom read, maybe the sear amount of replyes make people think \"Ain\'t nobody got time to read all that!\"

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I like this idea, but i don\'t like the idea of transporter beacons. I\'d rather have the challenge of shooting down troops before the board, ya know?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Boarding and sheit! Nice! Lovely! Teleportation... think for a moment. There goes StarMade\'s entire point of existance! Ships. All stupid and useless. The whole idea of non-admin command teleportation is horrendous and monstrous. NO SUPPORT FOR THAT. But support for the rest.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The troops have to board before they can even set up a transporter beacon, and the beacon only works at a certain range anyways

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Like in the reply I just made to the post above yours, the teleporter only works at short range, requires huge amounts of energy, and you have to actually board the enemy ship to set up a beacon, or have permission to use it from a friendly ship. Either way, all it does is shorten the amount of time it takes to get out of your ship, float to the ship you want to get to, and then find a door to enter the ship you want to get to. Which, I state again, must already be accomplished to use a beacon.

So unless you\'re suggesting \"YO DAWG I HERD YOU LIKE SHIPS SO WE GOT A SHIP IN YOUR SHIP SO YOU CAN PILOT SHIPS WHILE YOU PILOT SHIPS\" in order to cross the space between 2 ships, then I\'m pretty sure teleportation beacons would be a thing :P

Reaction score
    Ships are still needed,

1: we need to set up the beacons

2: more people would make ships if everyone teleported

2a: i would since less people would attack

3: people would still make shuttles and stuff as reinforcments

4: and if the beacon breaks?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    > 2: more people would make ships if everyone teleported

This. It\'s a lot harder to board and wipe out all the crewmen in a fleet of ships when you have to board multiple ships to do it. A fleet of 3 ships with 3 crewmen each take a lot longer to board than 1 ship with 9 crewmen (although each ship would obviously take less time to capture). However, although each ship takes less time to capture, not only are there 3 separate ships shooting at the attacking ship, but the boarders must float to the other ships to set up beacons too, so it\'d be a lot more expensive since you have to set up multiple beacons (unless you just break the one you set up at the first ship)

Reaction score
    Well, if everyone was teleporting to get around, it would mean that i have a better chance of not getting destroyed the second i get in my fighter.

And people would make more fighters/ bombers to fight ground forces.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    and the groundforces would build weapons with a hell of a lot of damage and use clever tactics to get a good posistion where said weapon could be used. cuase i could imagen that those ship would be used kind of like battle helicopters would be used. (Hovering and sutch) and if they turn around a building or fly over a trench (Given that it flies at low altitude) and one man on the roof of said building drops like a Anti-ship granade on it or the one in the trench shoots a rocket at it when it flies past!

My point is that if your ship is small and mobile enought to chasae troops around then it should be able to be shot down by said troops!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Tiers would be something i\'d like to see assigned after you created the weapon/armour (for example weapons(and armour) would be tired by the stats, with the weapons with the higest tier being the weapon with the highest overall stats (per server) (I\'ll mesure DPS for this exampel) if the top tier weapon has 100 dps and is tier 10 (Tier0 1-10) a tier 1 weapon would have a dps of 11-20, tier 2 = 21-30 tier 3 = 31-40 tier 4 = 41-50 tier 5 = 51-60 and so on (Tier 9 \'roof\' would be tier 10 minus one, so in this case tier 9 would be 91 - 99, and to make that more dynamic each stat would have diffrent values (just becuase a weapon has 100 shots per mag doesn\'t mean it should be top tier). So yes no tiers but tiers would rather be a sort of ranking of weapons and armour (maybe more?) on servers. and we absolutly need to have anatomically correct player character with their armour

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can imagine that servers could have weapon tiers preset by the host, or turned onto automatic so the tiers are based upon a percentage of the power of a weapon in comparison to the others (I guess the default being 4 tiers, up to 10 tiers can be set on any given server). For example, a maximum tier weapon would do 40 damage every shot, but then someone makes a weapon that does 100 damage. The average power of the weapons on that particular server is 20 damage per shot, and assuming there are 4 tiers on that server, (tier 2 being average weapons), the 20 damage weapons would remain tier 2, but the 40 damage weapon would be tier 3, while the 100 damage weapon is tier 4.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    and the last tier would be reserved for the most powerful, overall, weapon. But it shouldn\'t be based just on damage or should it? Would it not be more dynamic (And fun?) if every stat weighted diffrent amounts, so you can have some weapons that are just not allways Uber snipers?

And why limit maxium amount of tiers? i mean we don\'t have a clue how many people we will eventualy be able to ram into a server?

Reaction score
    Or, what i was thinking was that snipers and possibly rifles/pistols should break glass, so someone in a tree would just shoot the guy inside and the plane/helicopter would crash.

And if guns have glass, it can zoom alittle upon right-click and the more glass it has, the more the zoom.

And wasnt it mentioned somewhere that visors on armor could have a hud or somerhing like that? If this is added, maybe it could only show names in astronuat form. And have like infra-red and night vision.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This is Sci-fi so of course we should have remote detonations (The range of which you can detonate it would be limited, and a detonator wont do anything if there\'s nothing to ignite the bomb on the bomb itself)

And haveing a granade that will explod on impact would be highly risky as the granade has to be light engouth to be thrown a safe distance! (impact + fuel/flame bomb = Moletov)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    the rifle would have some damn good penetration if it can penetrait a block of plexglass!

Reaction score
    With the implimentation of jetpacks to get you to the surface of a ship, tractor beams to slow it down, and grav boots to allow you to walk across the surface of a ship, I\'m surprised no-one has mentioned breaching charges / breaching plasma.

The concept of the breaching charge is fairly simple: A powerful, slow-to-detonate device that pierces shields but detonates in an extremely controlled manner. You would place it on the top of a ship going under a certain speed, and the size of the detonation would depend on the amount of \"powder\" in the charge. The amount of \"powder\" would also dictate the time it takes to detonate. The detonation would occur in a 3*3*X box, with the X being the vertical distance (both up and down) of the explosion. It would pierce shields, and create a perfect hole for a boarding team to enter. However, the long priming time would allow for the crew of the ship to react, and turrets could destroy the block. However, it would be an extremely strong block, to cope for the long priming time. It would also require fair amounts of planning ahead: You could have a massive breaching charge able of 100 blocks of piercing, but if you don\'t pierce in the right spot it won\'t matter at all.

Then, there\'s Breaching Plasma. It\'s much weaker in health, and still pierces in 3x3. However, it is constantly drilling through hull: doing constant damage to all the blocks beneath it, ignoring shields, and once it\'s done with a layer of blocks it moves down a layer. This would be useful for the extremes of boarding: a single, extremely planned shock team hitting a thin layer of hull, or mass amounts of boarding crews trying to overwhelm the ship\'s boarding countermeasures. Also, the more power in a Breaching Plasma, the faster it burns through. There would be a max burn speed, however, contrary to the Charge\'s unlimited pierce. However, there would be disadvantages. For one, the health of Breaching Plasma would be 25%-35% less than a Charge. Plasma would also have to be manned, so one person in the breaching crew would have to stay on it in order to continue drilling through the hull. However, its speed is good for shock troops, and it\'s more useful on planets, since it drills not just vertically but horizontally, depending on how it is placed.

Reaction score
    Or you could make a box of explosives, slap soem adhesive on it, and throw it at the hull.