Odium exploitation BP

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It is.

It's pretty clever really. The computers in question are hidden behind blocks so it looks like a rinky-dink cannon. Remove some of the interior though and it reveals a cannon/beam setup that's is saved disconnected from the core. That way it won't show up when you hit "G" .

4 groups hitting for 5.5 million damage each on something the size of a heavy fighter.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    did no one think blackhawk could have done that himself before sharing said file?
    after all he is ex odium and if odium was doing these things like he says they were he was doing it to

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    did no one think blackhawk could have done that himself before sharing said file?
    after all he is ex odium and if odium was doing these things like he says they were he was doing it to
    If he has knowledge of how to create the exploit it's possible that he could have done it himself. The question is who taught him though?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    If he has knowledge of how to create the exploit it's possible that he could have done it himself. The question is who taught him though?
    could have found it. back when the overdrive bug existed i found it on my own long before anyone decided to fill me in.
    he could have done the same here

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    He probably did, not really much of a question in that regard, nor does it really matter?

It's basically akin to a rapist calling out other rapist on predatory actions.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I thought about this but the turret is too weird. It'n not the ghost block. Its that such a effort was made to make it hard to find. In my inevitably flawed opinion, I don't buy it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    When was this ship made?

Anything prior to IL joining Odium belongs squarely on IL, or at the VERY MOST, OAS (I highly doubt OAS would have a part though).

PS: IL joined I think a few weeks to 2 months ago max?
    [doublepost=1469332105,1469331842][/doublepost]
    Ok, After spending some time tearing this thing apart and checking every turret and the main, Ive found absolutely no ghost blocks. I propose this. I have the blueprint in the condition it was uploaded on July 19th. The best way to put this to rest is for a trusted staff member such as AndyP come and inspect the vessel on the server with LordSidonus present. I will ensure no changes are made to the blueprint in it's Jul 19th form
    Words of wisdom.
    [doublepost=1469332193][/doublepost]
    It isnt that hard...

Ctrl C, ctrl V a big group then delete.... happens to me all the time by accident and I have to scrap the old computer and put a new type of weapon in it's place.

Annoying, easily discovered, but also easily abused.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    fuck sake cookie now your gonna trigger zackey..........lel
    No, rather, you're going to upset me, since I was unaware you where using an exploited turret, furthermore, you brought this into the OAS when you moved to The Syndicus. I doubt maxajax would stoop so low as to exploit like this. I am very disappointed to see that Infinite Legion has not taken my advise, and has chosen to use this exploit, despite my efforts to get it fixed internally via the bug tracker and tester team.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mortiferum
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    No, rather, you're going to upset me, since I was unaware you where using an exploited turret, furthermore, you brought this into the OAS when you moved to The Syndicus. I doubt maxajax would stoop so low as to exploit like this. I am very disappointed to see that lord sidonus has not taken my advise, and has chosen to use this exploit, despite my efforts to get it fixed internally via the bug tracker and tester team.
    :/

Disappointment overload.

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    despite my efforts to get it fixed internally via the bug tracker and tester team.
    Well now the tracker team has exactly why/how this is happening, so hopefully someone can fix it.
    Hopefully with a check that deletes the blueprint/entity :mad:

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    It isnt that hard...

Ctrl C, ctrl V a big group then delete.... happens to me all the time by accident and I have to scrap the old computer and put a new type of weapon in it's place.

Annoying, easily discovered, but also easily abused.
    This is what has me concerned.

It is.

It's pretty clever really. The computers in question are hidden behind blocks so it looks like a rinky-dink cannon. Remove some of the interior though and it reveals a cannon/beam setup that's is saved disconnected from the core. That way it won't show up when you hit "G" .

4 groups hitting for 5.5 million damage each on something the size of a heavy fighter.
    It's hidden, it's logic activated so it's player controlled, it's on all three parts of the weapon. If this was a mistake, you'd think that it would be on one of the parts, not all three. Like you said, sometimes it happens to me...but not all the time. It happens pretty infrequently TBH. Not only that, but look at the shape of it, it's got pieces that were placed outside of the turret, and I don't mean poked out, I mean that the whole block was placed outside of the turret. This means that at some point, someone was placing systems in the turret, had pieces go outside, went outside to look at it, placed more blocks, deleted them, and didn't fix the connection.

I have a saying I try to live by, I'm not good at it, but it's a thing. Do not attribute to malice what you can attribute to ignorance. I can accept that someone might have done the cannons or the beam or the effect on accident. I hesitate to accept that it would happen on all three. I hesitate even more to accept that additional pieces were placed outside of the turret, and then had the error also happen to them.

That all being said, I look at this with the opinion that IL is cheating. Possibly odium as well, but that has not been proven.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    these were in use when Infinite Legion was part of OAS... so hes kinda right
    No, the OAS was unaware Infinite legion was using exploits. I was also unaware blob was using the ghost block exploit too. I am aware of other, more greyzone exploits that blob likes to use (such as ion affect on shield gens and cannon missile punch though) , but I overlook these, as I believe that they where not worth acting on. This does not stop me for totally bitching him out for using exploits, which I am sure he will be all too keen to tell you about.

May I remind you ALL of my PERSONAL faction code

We Always honor our word.
    We will never attack anyone who can not put up a fight.
    We will never steal any ships or designs for our own use.
    We will always defend those who cannot defend themselves.
    We will always allow for friendly conversations regardless of relations
    We will always show respect towards other factions regardless of relations
    We will always stop wars if real life has prevented you from defending yourself - We understand this is a game and won't attempt to wipe you out if you are not able to fight or play the game.
    Our group and members will never use exploits hacks cheats or win via shady combat
    We will always respect the server and will not start combat if the server is already under heavy load
    We will always respect the wishes of the admins regardless of current relations. If the tell us we are to stop we will.
    We will never gain or play the rules and will always use ships inside the rules.
    And finally honor is our code and if anyone of us breaks it they will be removed.

This code is what The Syndicus and Dread Syndicate operate under, Members may break this rule, but I, Zackey_TNT have never once used an exploit and I shall try my utmost to never break my own rules.

[doublepost=1469334089,1469333510][/doublepost]I am also deeply sorry for OAS, for even having our name dragged into this, I hope that you all can find out what is really going on here, and keep us out of it. A reminder, I mean no offense to anyone on this topic, I am only posting here, to ensure our credibility is not damage, We, the OAS, are not users of exploits, we shall never be in that group of trouble makers, but unfortunately, our name, Onus Autonomous Singularity dictates that factions are not forced to do anything they don't want to.

Infinite legion is/was autonomous to our alliance, as per our policies, there was no high council member "overseeing" the faction. I am afraid that individual members of the OAS may have, at some point, used exploits, but this does not reflect our opinions on the matter. The OAS is against exploits, cheats, shady ways to kill someone. We honor prearranged conflict, as has been proven in our past, and we shall always give people a good and honorable fight, that is what we where founded for, after all.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Ok, After spending some time tearing this thing apart and checking every turret and the main, Ive found absolutely no ghost blocks. I propose this. I have the blueprint in the condition it was uploaded on July 19th. The best way to put this to rest is for a trusted staff member such as AndyP come and inspect the vessel on the server with LordSidonus present. I will ensure no changes are made to the blueprint in it's Jul 19th form
    It's hidden. The cannons are fired by wireless logic, with the computers hidden to make discovery difficult.

Reaction score
    This Disturbs me Greatly the Use of this Exploit is a mark against the Honor Of the OAS. I Personally Know that UGA has Never and will never Utilize This Bullshit, Infinite Legion and All of its members Should be Ashamed of them selves.
    [doublepost=1469335506,1469335392][/doublepost]Also i would like to Point out that Infinite Legion was REMOVED from O.A.S For This Exact Reason.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This exploit, is neither OAS nor Odium.

End of story.

IL wasn't Odium during this time.
    OAS were unaware.
    Odium battle did not involve an exploitive ship. (As per Nastral's inspection)

If LordSid did exploit while he is in Odium, I will wring his neck myself.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Odium battle did not involve an exploitive ship. (As per Nastral's inspection)
    Correction- Nastral didn't find it. As said earlier, it's well hidden. He could have missed it.

Reaction score
    I may conduct my own investigation in the future. I intend to find the means of production and maintenance for many factions.

Stay posted my friends, this puppy is up next;

tata~

Reactions: Tunk and Lecic
    Reaction score
    Joined Yesterday

Only 2 messages are regarding the bullshit with Odium/OAS/WhateverYouWantToCallIt

Obvious alt is obvious

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Joined Yesterday

Only 2 messages are regarding the bullshit with Odium/OAS/WhateverYouWantToCallIt

Obvious alt is obvious
    Yes indeed, obviously an alt. He/She is lucky that they haven't gotten a warning for posting in this same thread with multiple accounts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.