Odium exploitation BP

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    In a sandbox there is always a bunch of kids that like to throw poop.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I love how the topic is again getting derailed from the fact that there was a massive exploit abuse in the game, for some more flamebaiting, flaming, and joking.

What is it, are you people suddenly so uncomfortable with this coming to broad daylight that you want to diminish the relevance of the topic?
    You know what this reminds me of? Politicians, corrupt ones (but then again, have you ever met an honest politician?)
    Everyone does it. Everyone lies, cheats, does smearjobs on the others, exploits the system wherever they can, but only the ones who get busted suffer the consequences, while all the others act like they are on some moral high ground when they do exactly the same, they just don't piss the wrong people off, or make smaller mistakes.

I'm calling it right here, right now. All major factions on the Starmade Dock, ESPECIALLY those with the core membership coming from EVE Online (which I'm suddenly really glad I never played, if it does that to people) are all alike, maybe Bogatyrs being an exception as they don't flame on the forums for the hell of it. Here you all are, lurking, flamebaiting, flaming, and grabbing popcorn to watch the Dock burn, occasionally throwing a jerry can of gasoline onto the fire when it would die down.

TwoNiner I'm talking to you too, I couldn't care less right now that you're the leader of the faction I'm in, you just absolutely HAD TO come in here and stoke the flames a lil' more.

If this is where the community is going, no wonder we're not getting new players, or if we do, they run like hell after they took a good look at the forums. And you know how irritated I am, if after so much inactivity, I can't hold it any longer either. Because this kind of toxicity is what ruins a good community, and a ruined community in a multiplayer-focused game means a ruined game as well.

I'm saying it right now. While you carefully enough navigate yourselves around breaking too many rules to get booted, that doesn't mean the community wouldn't be better off without quite a lot of you folks. I'm not gonna start calling names as last time I did that, got me a temporary ban for personal attack. But you know who you are.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I love how the topic is again getting derailed from the fact that there was a massive exploit abuse in the game, for some more flamebaiting, flaming, and joking.

What is it, are you people suddenly so uncomfortable with this coming to broad daylight that you want to diminish the relevance of the topic?
    You know what this reminds me of? Politicians, corrupt ones (but then again, have you ever met an honest politician?)
    Everyone does it. Everyone lies, cheats, does smearjobs on the others, exploits the system wherever they can, but only the ones who get busted suffer the consequences, while all the others act like they are on some moral high ground when they do exactly the same, they just don't piss the wrong people off, or make smaller mistakes.

I'm calling it right here, right now. All major factions on the Starmade Dock, ESPECIALLY those with the core membership coming from EVE Online (which I'm suddenly really glad I never played, if it does that to people) are all alike, maybe Bogatyrs being an exception as they don't flame on the forums for the hell of it. Here you all are, lurking, flamebaiting, flaming, and grabbing popcorn to watch the Dock burn, occasionally throwing a jerry can of gasoline onto the fire when it would die down.

TwoNiner I'm talking to you too, I couldn't care less right now that you're the leader of the faction I'm in, you just absolutely HAD TO come in here and stoke the flames a lil' more.

If this is where the community is going, no wonder we're not getting new players, or if we do, they run like hell after they took a good look at the forums. And you know how irritated I am, if after so much inactivity, I can't hold it any longer either. Because this kind of toxicity is what ruins a good community, and a ruined community in a multiplayer-focused game means a ruined game as well.

I'm saying it right now. While you carefully enough navigate yourselves around breaking too many rules to get booted, that doesn't mean the community wouldn't be better off without quite a lot of you folks. I'm not gonna start calling names as last time I did that, got me a temporary ban for personal attack. But you know who you are.
    There is a stark difference between exploit reporting and defamation. This entire thread is a massive flame bait and should have been deleted by the mods just as the past 3 were. In order for the flame to stop a certain breed of retards have to stop provoking action then falling back on their victim complex and act like they had nothing to do with the flame.

You want to investigate Odium? I'll happily send my entire fleet catalog to the LvD admins for checking, that is if they don't already have it from the server uploads. Vaygr would do the same and we can all just sit here with our mouths shut and thumbs up our arses while waiting for the admins to finalize their investigation.

If you want to report exploits then do so in a civilized way, not on threads that some childish arse with too much time on his hands creates over and over again after they've been repeatedly locked down.

Reaction score
    hi, i played eve, and i play starmade, and my ships arent cheated. also, the vast majority of people who play video games dont actually read the games forums. this game turns people away because it has a steep learning curve, an untuitive ui, and poor/inconvenient documentation. people using exploits that most players will never even encounter is a drop in the bucket.

i love you guys. wheres my popcorn

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There is a stark difference between exploit reporting and defamation. This entire thread is a massive flame bait and should have been deleted by the mods just as the past 3 were. In order for the flame to stop a certain breed of retards have to stop provoking action then falling back on their victim complex and act like they had nothing to do with the flame.

You want to investigate Odium? I'll happily send my entire fleet catalog to the LvD admins for checking, that is if they don't already have it from the server uploads. Vaygr would do the same and we can all just sit here with our mouths shut and thumbs up our arses while waiting for the admins to finalize their investigation.

If you want to report exploits then do so in a civilized way, not on threads that some childish arse with too much time on his hands creates over and over again after they've been repeatedly locked down.
    Investigate Odium? No. Not my job. Besides, ML was barely mentioned at all, and when it was, it was mentioned as the exception in the Odium factions that doesn't utilize exploits.
    Which is exactly why I don't understand why did you have to drop your own couple pounds of salt in here. It was so uncalled for, I concluded the reason had to be that you just wanted to hop on the flame train.

All I want is the constant attempts to do smearjobs on each other to stop. That's it. And as Groovrider pointed out, we are all Alpha testers, so exploits should be reported, not abused for personal advantage.
    Maybe start treating the game as it is, a GAME. Not war, and certainly not politics. The ends don't justify the means.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Investigate Odium? No. Not my job. Besides, ML was barely mentioned at all, and when it was, it was mentioned as the exception in the Odium factions that doesn't utilize exploits.
    Which is exactly why I don't understand why did you have to drop your own couple pounds of salt in here. It was so uncalled for, I concluded the reason had to be that you just wanted to hop on the flame train.

All I want is the constant attempts to do smearjobs on each other to stop. That's it. And as Groovrider pointed out, we are all Alpha testers, so exploits should be reported, not abused for personal advantage.
    Maybe start treating the game as it is, a GAME. Not war, and certainly not politics. The ends don't justify the means.
    This is because alot of people are superficial. I have come across countless people who call me a cheater because of my affiliation with odium. This not only affects ML's reputation but also our ability to get people to fight us on servers. Most people dont want to fight cheaters, neither do I.

Indigo Slimez

Almighty Glorious Overlord
    Reaction score

If this annoys you that much, leave. Nobody want you here if all your going to do is complain.

Last edited:

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You have connected to teamspeak a grand total of four times, you cannot really make an argument like that when you have only been here 4 times.

Hey that's a nifty trick, do it to your name~!

But really, you don't think I have some way to tell who's logged in? A spy? Anything?

Right now it's you, Zoro and Holycookie.

Reactions: Lecic

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    hi, i played eve, and i play starmade, and my ships arent cheated. also, the vast majority of people who play video games dont actually read the games forums. this game turns people away because it has a steep learning curve, an untuitive ui, and poor/inconvenient documentation. people using exploits that most players will never even encounter is a drop in the bucket.

i love you guys. wheres my popcorn
    This pretty much, tbh, I've flipped out and blamed dock moderation for these things as well, but truth is it's just a difficult game to get into and has been suffering from pretty nasty bugs in the core features (looking at you, shipyards) for a good part of this year. It's no surprise people are worried about the game being quiet.

From the best of my knowledge, those turrets were largely used as a result of docked Ion shenanigans on our previous server, and a non-exploity alternative actually ended up being better than these at dealing with them (literally just bigger missiles, wow, such tech)

And yes, this is probably flamebait, but not as much of a clusterfuck as the previous 3(wasn't it 4?) le Odium is cheating threads.

Reaction score
    did no one think blackhawk could have done that himself before sharing said file?
    after all he is ex odium and if odium was doing these things like he says they were he was doing it to
    Yeah, No....Max at what point do you quit covering for a clearly exploitative group? The original bug was found by Komatodik who is also friends with LordSidonus. (Have those chatlogs as well) Koma made it Odium Knowledge shortly after using ATLAS BUILD SERVER to create it. He then took it into both Genx and Shattered Skies. (Got Chat logs of that as well, making my job too easy)

The problem is yall think there is some conspiracy here. There's not, I'm simply done playing Starmade. So airing the dirty laundry out due to the mistreatment of my men is my only goal here. Creating blueprints in a game I can't even open the launcher in without gagging is certainly not my intentions. It's strictly intel from chat logs, screenshots, and recordings.
    [doublepost=1469380900,1469380763][/doublepost]
    This exploit, is neither OAS nor Odium.

End of story.

....Komatodik, Zoro utilized Koma's exploits in "Joint" Operations by staying near his ships to take the missiles.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    If this annoys you that much, leave. Nobody want you here if all your going to do is complain.
    Says the sadly irrelevant gnome. Matt is at least trying to better the place in his own way. Telling people to shut up and leave because you cant understand the frustration of a community veteran is probably one of the most childish things I've heard in a while.

Reaction score
    Just because Blackhawk said something was true doesn't make it true, surely you have some common sense.

Surely the fact that that Blackhawk said The Judge was an Aceface alt (we should all know that is false) is enough to put into question the credibility of the statement that I am RedAlert, and probably every other statement he made regarding alts.
    Remember Redalert....RECORDINNNGGSSS, SERVER LOGS, IP ADDRESSES THAT ARENT VPN'D....

*CAN CONFIRM MORTARIAN LEGION PLAYS FAIR*...They are the only exception to this rule, the rest of the factions are as corrupt as they come, including mine. Though we did not use the ghost block exploit. We did utilize other exploits that we learned of from Koma, Zoro, and Aceface.

Reaction score
    If this shit ain't shady AF, I don't know what is.

This guy, @fellow_starmadian is on LvD with alts mining shit for him. Now, this isn't specifically an exploit per say, but consider some of the facts. These accounts may be giving extra FP, if they're all from the same IP they wont, but we know the Vaygrs love of VPN's. In addition to that, how would people like it if everyone got their main accounts and four alts on to mine for them? You think this is good for the server? Loading 5x as many sectors, 5x as many asteroids, 5x as many ships, 5x as many block updates, 5x as many fleets.

This shit is retarded, stop.
    tata~

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If this shit ain't shady AF, I don't know what is.

This guy, @fellow_starmadian is on LvD with alts mining shit for him. Now, this isn't specifically an exploit per say, but consider some of the facts. These accounts may be giving extra FP, if they're all from the same IP they wont, but we know the Vaygrs love of VPN's. In addition to that, how would people like it if everyone got their main accounts and four alts on to mine for them? You think this is good for the server? Loading 5x as many sectors, 5x as many asteroids, 5x as many ships, 5x as many block updates, 5x as many fleets.

This shit is retarded, stop.
    tata~
    Old habits die hard, I suppose. Botmining was illegal in EVE Online too, yet so widely practiced that thousands of accounts were banned for it every month as far as I know, but it only became truly possible in Starmade since the fleet update. I guess each of those "overseers" are in the flagship of a mining drone fleet.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I believe Atra may have been overseer 4, an attempt to login to NFD was made with that name, followed seconds later by atra logging in successfully.

Indigo Slimez

Almighty Glorious Overlord
    Reaction score
    Says the sadly irrelevant gnome. Matt is at least trying to better the place in his own way. Telling people to shut up and leave because you cant understand the frustration of a community veteran is probably one of the most childish things I've heard in a while.
    There you go again. What is it with you lot and branding everyone who made there account after 2014 irrelevant? And the same to you, if you don't like it, leave

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    There you go again. What is it with you lot and branding everyone who made there account after 2014 irrelevant? And the same to you, if you don't like it, leave
    I do believe it's your statements and comments that make people judge you like that and not the year of which you joined the site.
    Besides that you don't seem to like what you read here yourself, so the question is: why do you keep being here?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Can we just stop with these childish confession threads and not clog up the factions forum with crap everyone already knows?
    Please, kindly fuck off, we don't need this idiotic thread.
    Yes, because it is your join year that proved you were a knob.
    Fun fact, join dates have always been irrelevant, they're right up there with master builder badges with things that mean fuck all. I actually had to go and check your join date when you said that, and tbh I thought you were a mid 2015'r.

But yeah, dont assume that people assume. There is more than 1 reason people would come to find you entitled and annoying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.