Odium exploitation BP

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Indigo Slimez

Almighty Glorious Overlord
    Reaction score
    I do believe it's your statements and comments that make people judge you like that and not the year of which you joined the site.
    Besides that you don't seem to like what you read here yourself, so the question is: why do you keep being here?
    Yes, because it is your join year that proved you were a knob.
    Fun fact, join dates have always been irrelevant, they're right up there with master builder badges with things that mean fuck all. I actually had to go and check your join date when you said that, and tbh I thought you were a mid 2015'r.

But yeah, dont assume that people assume. There is more than 1 reason people would come to find you entitled and annoying.
    Oh you flatter me.
    I do try my best.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Gonzalo

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I believe Atra may have been overseer 4, an attempt to login to NFD was made with that name, followed seconds later by atra logging in successfully.
    Was merely a coincidence.
    The real person behind the overseer was Fellow_Starmadian

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Alright, my turn to confess:

-HeartUponSleeve is RedAlert's alt account
    -Zyrr is my alt account hence why we sound alike
    -Zorozeenee is actually FlyingDebris
    -Mortiferum is a homosexual
    -Aceface is an Islamic extremist.
    The easiest way to hide a truth (or two, btw pm me Morti ;)) is to bury it in lies. This is pathetic. Just stop.

Reactions: Az14el
    Reaction score
    If this shit ain't shady AF, I don't know what is.

This guy, @fellow_starmadian is on LvD with alts mining shit for him. Now, this isn't specifically an exploit per say, but consider some of the facts. These accounts may be giving extra FP, if they're all from the same IP they wont, but we know the Vaygrs love of VPN's. In addition to that, how would people like it if everyone got their main accounts and four alts on to mine for them? You think this is good for the server? Loading 5x as many sectors, 5x as many asteroids, 5x as many ships, 5x as many block updates, 5x as many fleets.

This shit is retarded, stop.
    tata~
    Shady? He's using multiple accounts to be able to auto mine in multiple areas at the same time since right now you can't mine in sectors that are unloaded. How the heck is that shady.

And it's really nice of him to actually make it clear that they are alts by naming them those names, I mean he could have just made a random name and try to disguise it to make it harder to notice.

By doing this, if the admins detect any server issues caused by it, they can simply tell him to log off.
    [doublepost=1469391797,1469391685][/doublepost]
    Says the sadly irrelevant gnome.
    Yes, because it is your join year that proved you were a knob.
    Rude.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    And it's really nice of him to actually make it clear that they are alts by naming them those names, I mean he could have just made a random name and try to disguise it to make it harder to notice.

By doing this, if the admins detect any server issues caused by it, they can simply tell him to log off.
    Yeah, if only all Odium alts would make it clear to make things easy for admins. Right? ;)

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    so does odium care or not care about blackhawk leaks? i've been told one thing but these threads have been evidence of the other.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Last night, after a second look and following what was pointed out earlier, I did in fact discover these ghost blocks. Lord Sidonus is removing the offending system and replacing it. After reviewing the video of the battle between Vaygr/Infinite and Formiden I saw no sign of the weapon being used as it produces a distinct pattern when fired. Timeh, the vessel's pilot probably didn't even know it existed.

upload_2016-7-24_18-3-0.png
    upload_2016-7-24_18-8-55.png
    upload_2016-7-24_18-10-55.png

Reactions: TwoNiner and Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Well that's interesting enough, not fond of the sid- I mean magic man accusing thryn of lagging the server and no idea how FCM got added to that at all. At least he admits to his wrongdoing.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    SIDONOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

When I get to him on TS I am wringing his bloody neck.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Good on him, seems like it was an unintentional thing installed by a rogue engineer. Not quite sure how FCM lag bombed GenX, and I don't take kindly to the false accusation that I did either, but at least I was on the server at that time.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    FCM was in hibernation during the GenX period and is completely unrelated to Thryn or TNT, who never "lag bombed" GenX. That's just typical GenX.

Also, just curious LordSidonus, when did the story change from "they lag bombed this one fight we had planned with Vaygr" to "they lag bombed every single fight we had with them"? The lag caused during our fights in that crashed you to desktop was your own poorly docked reactor plate in the Abaddon exploding when hit, which is what crashed your game, by the way.

Oh, and one last thing. We had a spy in OAS when this ship, the Abaddon, had these turrets installed, which Sidonus enthusiastically approved. I would be willing to bet that the current model is completely unchanged or barely changed from the version created in that time, and that no "rogue engineer" is responsible.

EDIT- We never magnet docked any of their ships, either.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    FCM and thryn are separate entities entirely. Sidonus is throwing you for a loop, Nastral.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    FCM didn't even exist when GenX was a thing, so.

LordSidonus

Imperial Hivemind
    Reaction score
    Oh, LeKek. I'll respond rather promptly, as I've gotten my inboxes spammed enough to log in here and poke around.
    You're all different? Really? News to me since all of ya have been flying similar colors. But hey, I'll take you at your word this time.
    So, TnT/FCM and Thryn/Turkish Bards are not in any way the same group? You do the segregation on it and I'll amend some notes! How about that?
    Now, as for my vessels. You really know nothing, do ya? Or at the most, very little. At least on that topic. I swear, bandwagon jumping flamebaiters give me a migraine. Anyways, I digress.

Addressing your statements, I shall simply address how the original prototype utilized in the Battle of Duc had been entirely rebuilt with new rigs.
    Got a bunch of blueprint duplicates of different vessels, turrets etc. Some were employed against the lag makers on GenX. Others were never even deployed. Problem came when after buildserver useage and catalog backups mixed around and long story short? We're lazy. Get over it.
    I've gotten down to gutting our mostly used vessels to remove all manner of these problematic systems, however sometimes it does happen by total accident as it is a placing bug in the game itself. Adv buildmode is a temperamental creature at best. We all know it, so we all do our best to work around issues.

I've put the word out to all members that we're axing the lot of problematic builds and pining through them with a fine toothed comb. About time we do some refits, cleanups and reworks on our fleets anyway so might as well start now since there's really not much else to do.
    It isn't like I am somehow obligated to even mention that to yourself or anyone else for that matter. But honestly? It's all fine and well.
    Though the results may have adverse effects on the drama-fueling bottomfeeders. But I'm just suuuuure nobody here is that type. ;)

Regardless, the little ghosties are going bye bye from our rigs. It's unstable nonsense to begin with and not even a means of building stable ships.
    As far as the lagbomb goes, you know what you do. I needn't remind you. Not casting direct blame on any one member, but it's no secret that there was a massive lagfest concerning any organized PvP after the cover of Turkish Bards was blown off about as hard as this flame-war.
    Outside of the initial curbstomping that transpired, all future battles were forced to be called off due to immense server lag.
    Even though several times, we just ran a fakeout on you guys by all logging in but not spawning in a single ship.
    With that, it was proven that our suspicions were correct.

As for crashing, you do realize that the old plate was not used after the battle of Duc, right? The battery box we employed was much more efficient in reducing lag. Though there were further issues during certain time-periods that lead to insane spikes and crashes. If it were the ship itself however, then it'd be CTD'ing ALL of our pilots in some variant thereof. So seriously, get with it or drop off the bandwagon.

In the end, this whole ordeal on all sides is nothing more than a major blinking light to the bug-testers to find patches for it. In a way, doing a good service. As for the future of our fleets and their construction? As I said, everything's getting an overhaul as it's due anyway and there's nothing else to do at the moment. Got the time and frankly? We really don't like having to spawn in different blueprints of the same ship just to find out later that there's buggy junk or a misplaced system, outdated generator etc in it. So I guess you could say we're doing some "spring cleaning".

In closing, I'll echo the same thing I said earlier this year. We spend 90% of our time actually playing StarMade. The forums are only touched if we feel it is time to update anything. Staying glued to the forums only kills braincells and all in all you know less than if you were actually playing. Though, I shall give kudos for finally doing stuff. Even if it is heresy, you gotta take babysteps in the right direction.

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wait was magnet docking even a thing back then?
    I remember when I joined that was implemented when we were on ss.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I'd read your post but the red made me read it as "I am a loser please fuck my face" so I'm going to need a do-over from you

Status
    Not open for further replies.