Formiden Colonial Mandate - New Name, Same Old Tricks

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold

WHO ARE WE?

The Formiden Colonial Mandate, previously the Arstotzkan Federation, is one of the oldest player organisations in the game, surviving through various revivals since May 2013. The core members have been present in every major server since NASS Main in 2013, all the way to the present on Light vs Dark. Most are veterans of dozens of conflicts across years of play time. The Mandate is a faction dedicated solely to creating and participating in pure PVP - no faction politics, no nonsense. Everything we do is done to further the goal of pure PVP.

But we are more than just fighters. Engineering, building, graphic design, video editing and public relations - all of these are necessary to create fun and engaging gameplay. Our members do all of these things and more.

WHAT IS OUR PHILOSOPHY?

Player-versus-player combat is a prominent component of this game and arguably one of its most entertaining features. When done wrong, however, it breeds grudges, unfriendliness and toxic attitudes on the forum at large. PVP should be devoid of emotional investment, done purely to have fun. Personal opinions and gameplay are two separate subjects.

For this reason, the Mandate abstains from politics. It has no grudges nor allies. We will fight any faction whose battles will be conducive to good gameplay, regardless of allegiance.

HOW DO I JOIN?

Players of all combat aptitudes, nationalities and availabilities are welcome to join. Our application process is strict only in regards to attitude. Ask anyone and they will tell you our foremost members are hooligans, true scoundrels who love to cause shenanigans on the forums between battles. Ask those we've fought and they will tell you we don't partake in needless trash talk, petty rivalries or pointless shouting matches. Knowing how to keep these two things separate are critical. We are a group of friends as much as we are a faction - keep this in mind.

Fill out this application if interested.
    • In-game name:
    • Availability:
    • Desired role:
    • Reason for joining:
    MEDIA

To a new forum-goer, or anyone new to factions, understanding and immersing yourself here can be difficult. Factions have long and intricate histories, written only in part if at all. It's easy to get lost, which is why media such as after-action reports, news posts, combat videos and propaganda are crucial to a faction's public relations. We carry out and encourage the creation of all of these.

Some of our older media;

OPERATION: Peshawar

OPERATION: Tyre
    OPERATION: Yarmouk

Strikecraft preview
    OPERATION: Tehran, or the First Battle of Vir (click here for video)
    Comr4de Does A Dumb
    OPERATION: Maginot, or the First Battle of Caris

With much more to come, check here.

EVENTS

The Formiden Colonial Mandate is a frequent host of PVP events, such as the First Battle of Caris. If you are interested in organising one or joining one already planned, contact Comr4de . Currently, we play on TAW.net. Mercenaries are almost always welcome if you prefer not to join a faction involved in the event.

INQUIRIES

Contact Comr4de on the forums or on Steam. Diplomatic visits will be handled via faction Discord, message either of the above on the forums for details.

Last edited:

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

IMAGES

Our screenshot album can be found here. Other miscellaneous images will be posted below.

VIDEOS

The Formiden Colonial Mandate YouTube channel can be found
    here. Other miscellaneous videos will be posted below.

OPERATION: Ragnarok (video)

NEWS AND BATTLE REPORTS

News and battle reports from this thread will be linked below for convenience.

OPERATION: Marrakesh (click here for video)

Strikecraft Drills
    Logic Inhibitor on CC
    News and Propaganda - July 2016

OPERATIONS: Goliath & Cougar
    OPERATION: Veracruz
    News and Propaganda - October 2016

Last edited:

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

OPERATION: Marrakesh

Formiden Expeditionary Battlegroup 419 "Totenkopf" engaged Knights Secreta Sulfatum-class heavy cruiser today. FCN Joachim von Zieten located the vessel, with heavy fleet assets FCN Magellan and FCN von Moltke jumping in to support. The Sulfatum-class frustrated Formiden forces with efficient use of shield generators, wearing down the Magellan's armour before it was finally broken. Shortly afterwards, the ship was killed and her pilot, Az14el, went down with her. Formiden forces stopped the ship from overheating before jumping out.

Pre-battle rendezvous.

Video can be found here. Good fight, Az14el, hope to do it again soon.

Last edited:

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hell yeah, that was a fun time :D
    Thanks for fight everyone, vid ended up working for me afterall, epic stuff
    In retrospect swapping targets to Zyrr was a fatal mistake, since those punch cannons on comros ship were strong enough to be able to rip through the rear armor protecting my shield injector, and I started taking a ton of extra block damage from that point on, that ram to the face had me seeing red xD

The swarmers were made to be pretty low impact, 2 per second, but seems like the delays bug out and they start firing in clusters after a bit and going over the servers explosions per second cap

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    It's currently in 360p because youtube loves to take its sweet time rendering footage on their end. It's 720p tho so fret not

Reactions: Jaaskinal

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

Formiden Colonial Navy Carries Out Strike-craft Drills

The Formiden Colonial Navy carried out strike-craft drills today on a private server. Pilots Zyrr, Delta and Gojira led a 198 mass "Anna" interceptor wing with Lecic accompanying in a 200 mass Strelkov fighter-bomber to engage BDLS and Comr4de, both seated in very capable 250 mass Wespe fighter-bombers (which can be found here). After a short battle, the interceptor wing came out victorious.

The victors.

Battle video soon.

Last edited:

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Quick plug for our wonderful engineer Heillos, we've released the latest in inhibitor technology - the Tartarus drive, colloquially known as a spamhibitor. The same JD inhibition for half the size!

Logic Jump Inhibitor

Reactions: JonasWalker

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

News and Propaganda - July 2016

Here's a rare "official" faction post. As you might be able to tell by the banner, we've changed our name from the Arstotzkan Federation to the Formiden Colonial Mandate.

We have a fair share of reasons. People linked us with the other fictional Arstotzka, which by now was very inaccurate. Additionally, it was a name associated with attitudes, styles and themes we no longer hold. Last of all, it was just difficult to spell. Our new name better emphasises our structure - ambiguously neutral tendrils of a much larger empire that can only be described as "formido", the Greek personification of terror. (Or we liked the acronym).

Lots of boring words. Here's some pictures we've been working on during the interim.

A ship sneak peek?

The eye-catching aftermath of a test of the above.

With much, much more to come. Oh, we also might be going on Light v. Dark, but you didn't hear it from me.

Last edited:

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Crusade handles 3D model exports and rendering as well as the Caris medal graphic, I do most of the rest.

Reactions: Top 4ce

JonasWalker

Old Newb
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Well, theoretically if FCM were to move to LvD I wonder which of the three 'sides' they'd slot into. Though I'd personally guess neutral so they could fight everyone. :P

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Light, actually is just joke not actually light

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • In-game name: California
    • Timezone:PST
    • Availability: Depends/ Every day
    • Desired role: engineer/pilot of my ship
    • Reason for joining: so i can share my fighters for when i build my carrier (your gonna have a carrier)

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Dear FCM Leadership,

This is a formal message from CMR101's Attorney regarding the conflict between the GR and the Arstotzkan Federation, now Formiden Colonial Mandate. This message would like to clearly inform you that CMR101 had relation to the GR during the Arstotzkan conflict. As a result, they can held liable for any such cases and so-called "War Crimes".
    good enough for me