NuclearFun's Ships

Reaction score
    Weapon testing continues:

Turret trials have been set on hold because of technical difficulties. Plans are for a variety of armament options for the small defensive turrets.

Experimental Corvette: The Corvus Gunship
    I absolutely love the new turret designs! also have any idea when the Corvus Gunship is going to be released? I have the dev build and the ship looks like a lot of fun to mess around with especially with the new pirates they just recently added :D!

Reaction score
    You want to start with a SMEdit or from scratch?

Also what server?
    All i have right now are some sketches and measurements. My few experiments with SMEdit never went well, but if you have a 3D modell maybe it would be worth another trial.

The Corax was the last ship i bought just before i quit EVE and i really like the aesthetics (and those fine missiles :D)

Right now i am mostly playing Dev build in single player.

dark_J: I will wait with releasing anything new for the definitive update (with the last dev version the missile launchers stopped working because of power issues... etc)

mhmm... had an idea for another ship...

Last edited by a moderator:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I have a smedit Corax already. I'm just away from my computer temporarily.

Reaction score
    Hi there, i kept playing in the dev build (its just too good :D) and although just planned as testing rig for a future project (Corax) i recently finished a new ship. It is still a prototype (especially because it uses prototype weaponry from the dev build...) but if everything (or atleast most of it) works as intended and tested i am a happy builder.

The Phalanx guided missile destroyer:

these turrets at the top and bottom all use lock on missiles, while i haven't tested them with a functional AI, i just hope they will work as intended: they fire straight up, perpendicular to the ship and then curve in on the locked on target (it works atleast with players)

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Hi there, i kept playing in the dev build (its just too good :D) and although just planned as testing rig for a future project (Corax) i recently finished a new ship. It is still a prototype (especially because it uses prototype weaponry from the dev build...) but if everything (or atleast most of it) works as intended and tested i am a happy builder.

these turrets at the top and bottom all use lock on missiles, while i haven't tested them with a functional AI, i just hope they will work as intended: they fire straight up, perpendicular to the ship and then curve in on the locked on target (it works atleast with players)
    Hell yes, I've always wanted to use this type of vertical missiles. I'm glad to see that you've got it working :D. That looks a bit too good to be a simple prototype ship btw.

Reaction score

you call that a prototype? I call that a new missile frigate for my army :D! and keep up the great work :D! I cant wait for when its released :D! also those lock on missiles are more than satisfying :). I can just imagine how useful those are going to be :). also I think I am going to implement that missile mechanic in my next ship ;).

Reaction score
    Technical problems:
    The turrets AIs went on a strike after the sniper turrets AIs were punished for their abysmal aim. Therefore the release of new ships will be further delayed.

Meanwhile: Weapon testing continues, very happy how guided missiles are working now (in the battlecruiser they double as broadside unguided and forward guided missiles)

Reaction score
    Technical problems:
    The turrets AIs went on a strike after the sniper turrets AIs were punished for their abysmal aim. Therefore the release of new ships will be further delayed.

Meanwhile: Weapon testing continues, very happy how guided missiles are working now (in the battlecruiser they double as broadside unguided and forward guided missiles)
    dang... the Prometheus looks amazing :D!

Reaction score
    Neptune Frigate:

I wanted to do something smaller that would fit in a fleet with my other ships. It is a simple frigate, nothing very fancy or powerfull but i am still very happy with it.

very nice frigate probably going to be another favorite of mine. nice and small but looks good and will get the job done :).

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Very nicely done. :)

May I suggest trying some of the new crystals in one of your future builds? I have a feeling that purple would go very nicely with the black and grey theme you have on your ships.

Reaction score

May I suggest trying some of the new crystals in one of your future builds? I have a feeling that purple would go very nicely with the black and grey theme you have on your ships.
    I completely agree having purple colored crystals will make his ships look even more sinister :D!

Reaction score

Thanks! I already tried those :D. Especially the dark purple (nocx) are really cool (and they would indeed make a very sinister ship) but for now, because of continuity and ice cristall wedges i decided to stay with ice cristalls, i did start to use the red ones for missile ports though.

Last edited:

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Thanks! I already tried those :D. Especially the dark purple (nocx) are really cool (and they would indeed make a very sinister ship) but for now, because of continuity and ice cristall wedges i decided to stay with ice cristalls, i did started to use the red ones for missile ports though.
    I did see those. :D Well, if you consider a new ship theme some time in future... :D

Reaction score
    Looked at the Bow Head primarily to see how you handled turrets with the update. It is my conclusion that the default damage for AMCs are set far too low, since your turrets like mine have trouble doing anything other than stopping the shield regeneration. Rant aside awesome work.

Reaction score

I owe my work to this post btw, this is what finally let me complete my torpedoes.