NuclearFun's Ships

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    The Drake is my favourite Caldari ship. Nicely done!

Reaction score
    Hi!

You may have noticed that i am trying to get a cohesive fleet (well, 2 actually - the black on grey as attack fleet and the grey on black as defensive force), the biggest problem with that after finishing a few ships the older ships are already outdated and sometimes at the point of no repair.

The Nidhoggr, which i planned in as battleship, is without turret swapping tool or something (and a faster cpu on my part) not really fun to do an update on :(
    So i needed an replacement (also i love building ships and am in a Star Wars mood):

The design is pretty similar to the old battleship (while much smaller) but far from finished yet

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Some picture seem to be randomly changed to completely unrelated stuff it seems.... tinypic seems to be bugged, so if you see me posting pictures of things not related to spaceships please tell me (i am trying imgur for now)

Returned to EvE after the F2P changes and found my old corax under a dust cover...
    wanted to do something that resembles that beautiful ship and it turned out a mixture of corax and drake in the end

That is awesome! I need a Caldari Navy themed one now plz. c:

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Your ships all have a very nice design feel to it, how do you go about the ships details? incorporate them from build up? or add them later to the base hull?

Reaction score
    Your ships all have a very nice design feel to it, how do you go about the ships details? incorporate them from build up? or add them later to the base hull?
    Thanks!... had to think about that for a while:

• It usually starts with a basic idea (doodling or a sketch) and the major design idea is pretty much finished before i start the build (you would see me starring into the void a lot in that time^^) - that incorporates the basic shape and hull, big turret placements, etc...
    • Medium elements get done while building (then removed, then added in again...), those work only 10% of the time but when they do work it can look really neat, so it is just a mixture of trying out stuff multiple times and experience.
    • Greebles (the small details on the hull) get done in the end and it takes multiple visits to the same area to get a satisfying result, they look great from a distance and can make the ship look way larger.

One can go overboard with small details though, you need stuff in all sizes otherwise your build looks cluttered or big details drown in a see of greebles, i use armor plates a lot for the big design stuff, also helps with reducing the work.

Speaking of things to build: Progress has happened!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thanks, iv'e been trying on my own ship, but i tend to try doing too much at once, the final product is satisfying,butit took multiple attempts and redos wich is quite frustrating.

I really like the missile ports on this one, but the gray retancular plates look a bit out of place.
    love them biggun' turrets.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Your ships are just amazing!! I wish I wasn't such a purist so I could just use these instead of mine,but I may use a few design cues from yours if you don't mind to step up my game abit.(y):whistle:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Is anyone else having problems with the older ships? I love the Eidolon but it isn't working in game. Maybe it needs a reupload or something but it loads as if the ship were a loaf of sliced bread with every other slice missing. Unfortunately one of the missing slices is the core.

Reaction score
    Is anyone else having problems with the older ships? I love the Eidolon but it isn't working in game. Maybe it needs a reupload or something but it loads as if the ship were a loaf of sliced bread with every other slice missing. Unfortunately one of the missing slices is the core.
    That is because of a chunk update and (with the Eidolon atleast) the removal of the old docking system, i can look into it though.

Reactions: Super_Dork_42
    Reaction score
    NuclearFun said:
    the removal of the old docking system
    They finally did away with that? Wouldn't that screw-over some of the current "official" assets, like Derelict Eta, and ALL the Pirate stations?

EDIT: I mean, yes, I knew they'd made those parts un-craftable without a config edit. (and likewise un-sellable/buyable) but I thought they were still in.

Reaction score
    Ah, that makes sense. I'd love to fly that ship someday.
    Well, something is messed up, most of the blueprints are probably redeemable i guess... (using an older starmade version and updating it then)
    Also: since the last update i can not even spawn most of the newer blueprints...

Problem: i do not want to reupload/update old ships on the CC when it isn't a real update/overhaul.
    Thinking about just deleting the old stuff tbh.

They finally did away with that? Wouldn't that screw-over some of the current "official" assets, like Derelict Eta, and ALL the Pirate stations?

EDIT: I mean, yes, I knew they'd made those parts un-craftable without a config edit. (and likewise un-sellable/buyable) but I thought they were still in.
    Probably just because of the chunk size change.

There has been a recent update that should have fixed something with old blueprints... no idea what exactly but it definitely didn't fix anything for me.

Last edited:

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    It's a shame that all of those older ships are stuck in the past like that. Will you announce it before you remove your older ships? I'd like to grab the ones I don't have before you do.

Reaction score
    I have the perfect solution, after like 2 min of hard work i came up with

This little sign will prevent false hopes of working blueprints