Nova Fleet Dynamics - Building a better future today! (Nest of Orion faction)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The SM Community still awes me with their design ability. I really need to start getting time to practice building stuff, a pity I was too busy even on my birthday. Getting settled down on Elwyn also subtracts from that time, but nevertheless, you guys keep going. I love seeing this stuff.

Also, Orange letters are the best.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    'Tis a wonderful place.

Also

I LOVE BIG ORANGE LETTERS, TIME FOR MORE NEWS.

Earlier last night, player Njord from Redshift decided to threaten the NFD with claims of a '30k mass ship that has 30mil shields and a gun that does over 20mil damage per shot, as well as a bunch of other systems including a jammer, dual warp drives, and swarm missiles. He then proceeded to talk about how he bribed the Redshift admins and abused bugs all day long to destroy Zackey_TNT's faction on there. The NFD, as you all know, doesn't take kindly to those types of people. I challenged him to a rigged bet (see attached album if you want to laugh at his responses) http://imgur.com/a/vkZvf, that he had to steal a factioned supply crate from the NFD homebase. I arranged it in such a way that it was not possible to access without exploitation. According to him, I was "Not thinking past the length of my arm." In reality, I was setting him up. I woke up this morning to find it stolen using an alt account, as expected. Our scout on the server overnight reported the following-

An NFD anticapital turret blew him sky high when he attempted to steal it using his regular account. So, he logs back in under a different name.
    "He lost on more than just [The bet], he abused tab f6, and did such using an unfactioned [alternate account] char shooting at a warhead to avoid any hostile Action.

I am ready to make sure he is very unwelcome.

Better yet, he ASSURED me that he could convince Levest [An admin] to say that such actions are non exploitive.
    Can't wait to see that one, either way he is in some shit." -Antiaris

FlyingDebris brought this to the admins' attention, and their response was- ""Well we all knew [Njord] would do something stupid"

Besides this quaint little incident, we've produced seven ships at the block limit and have as of the time of this post delivered five of those warships to various players and factions free of charge to aid in their defense.

30k mass ship

30 million shield
    20 million damage per shot

He funny man, off to gulag.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435667566,1435667497][/DOUBLEPOST]PS, for your disco, you might want to dim the lights a little and add a small disco ball, it looks much better in terms of effects.

Light is nice, but for a disco, the lighting is excessive imo. The ice crystal could be kept, but all the lights should be turned off and a dim light source like a Varat Charged Circuit might add to the atmosphere.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Disco room needs to be taller it's to short imo.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Disco room needs to be taller it's to short imo.

That too.

Assuming our friend Dave is 2m tall, the roof leaves him 1 block room to jump. The disco ball is 3 blocks minimum due to docker + core + 1 block on the bottom, so it would literally "touch the ground".

And whenever Dave jumps, his head is gonna hit the roof unless you triple the gravity :p

But hey, preferences. :), I prefer slightly dim rooms to add to atmosphere.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah, Njord's been losing badly lately. We blew up another one of his outposts, destroyed another warship, and after the most amazing scout in the world @Antiaris located a Cassardis supply depot, NO forces consisting of me and Lecic went in and robbed the place. A few thousand advanced hulls and weapons comps, nothing much. Still, a nice find. We located Njord's 30k mass ship, too. Go figure, it only had five million shields. Unfortunately, we weren't able to ransack the thing since it was docked to his HQ.

Now as for the disco, I can't extend the ceiling since it's located in the back room of my apartment in the Corinth main tower and there's another floor above it. Fourth or fifth one from the top, if anybody wants to go find it.

Reactions: Aynslei and Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Now as for the disco, I can't extend the ceiling since it's located in the back room of my apartment in the Corinth main tower and there's another floor above it. Fourth or fifth one from the top, if anybody wants to go find it.
    What about below it? could you expand that way?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What about below it? could you expand that way?
    Hey is kinda in the middle of the tower of rooms. I suggest our faction just build a large party hall at the very top it, big pent house party suite.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey is kinda in the middle of the tower of rooms. I suggest our faction just build a large party hall at the very top it, big pent house party suite.
    maybe put it on a massive balcony jutting out from the side? (it might mean that three or four other rooms can't get windows, but...)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Or you could just make a ship dedicated to partying. Use laser turrets as potentially deadly lightshows...

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yeah, Njord's been losing badly lately. We blew up another one of his outposts, destroyed another warship, and after the most amazing scout in the world @Antiaris located a Cassardis supply depot, NO forces consisting of me and Lecic went in and robbed the place. A few thousand advanced hulls and weapons comps, nothing much. Still, a nice find. We located Njord's 30k mass ship, too. Go figure, it only had five million shields. Unfortunately, we weren't able to ransack the thing since it was docked to his HQ.

For a cheap solution, you can always just make the floor lower rather than a higher roof. Though it does mean redoing a lot of furniture :p

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Well if you make the turrets ion they shouldnt hurt players I think.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    It's true, effects only modify the damage dealt to ships, effect on players is unchanged. Kinda annoying, but it prevents spamming Missile/Missile/Push on a clock to keep players out of their ships.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    It's true, effects only modify the damage dealt to ships, effect on players is unchanged. Kinda annoying, but it prevents spamming Missile/Missile/Push on a clock to keep players out of their ships.
    So instead you just spam missile/missile to kill astronauts.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Last time I checked, effects do not effect player damage. I once accidentally killed a friend with a pull beam.
    Effects only effect player internal organs. Hence why you killed your friend with a pull beam. Ripped his spleen right out it did.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm even thinking about establishing on that server. (GenXNova)
    Got bored, built more things on NFD Corinth base.

Also, we're working with out fellow NO members on a number of projects, namely a new ship

and a new station. (Concept drawing)
    -____________________________-
    Why? Why? Why?
    When I was in faction and was dreaming of having these sort of things (like that startion and discoes and high-class facilities) I never had the chance as I was too busy organising mercenaries, salaries, diplomacy, helping run GNR, advising other people, recruiting and building up defences.
    Now all of these wonderful things are happening and I can't participate nor share in said glory. :(
    DAMN YOU EVIL COMPUTER THAT CAN'T RUN STARMADE! :mad:
    A lot like this...

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    -____________________________-
    Why? Why? Why?
    When I was in faction and was dreaming of having these sort of things (like that startion and discoes and high-class facilities) I never had the chance as I was too busy organising mercenaries, salaries, diplomacy, helping run GNR, advising other people, recruiting and building up defences.
    Now all of these wonderful things are happening and I can't participate nor share in said glory. :(
    DAMN YOU EVIL COMPUTER THAT CAN'T RUN STARMADE! :mad:
    A lot like this...
    wat