Nova Fleet Dynamics - Building a better future today! (Nest of Orion faction)

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    More news!

The perpetrator, named pwnies5600, came back online late last night. An NFD Munich was dispatched to investigate, as he had joined a faction. Upon closing to two sectors out, beyond nav range, the Munich's anticapital turrets began firing. Believing that they were under attack, the pilot advanced straight towards the Rising from Ashes base. Upon arrival, the Hoplite turrets killed pwnies who was in a 10k mass ship. It was then noted that he was still on the personal enemies list of the faction, and that is the reason the turrets fired. Upon killing pwnies, the faction autodeclared war, and the nav lit up a wonderful shade of bright red. Since the NFD wishes to avoid war and conflict with its neighbors, the Munich withdrew to two sectors away from the base. Pwnies attempted to attack the Munich three more times, dying to its turrets in all attempts before the Munich pilot had the chance to fire his weapons.

After the fourth attempt, Pwnies left the faction and a peace request was issued to their leader. The request was accepted the next morning, as the leadership of both factions came to an agreement. Afterwards, more progress was made in assisting the Thryn Monarchy and Trident Industries set up with warp gates between all three homebases.

The supply depot at Corinth was reorganized and now there is an elevator leading to the new and improved factory module.

A series of fast-access tubes and medical centers are being installed as I write this post to better equip pilots in the event of an emergency.

On a downside, however, a different Munich was slightly damaged after the pilot lagged out fighting 30-35 1k mass pirates. Repairs are underway, as little to no real damage to the systems was done. As a personal opinion, ships always look nice with a little bit of haphazardly-repaired scarring. Gives them more of a used feel instead of blueprints just spawned out of nowhere.

We have also been handing out resources and blueprints to allies and neutral factions alike over the past few days, as well as offering assistance in ship design and resource collection. So far, we've delivered nearly twenty aid packages of hundreds of thousands of useful systems and hulls each to various factions and players, all while doing grocery runs to the nearby shops to deliver resources to our allies free of charge. Along with this, a number of new ships are in the works to fill the gaps between our Munich, Rockhopper, and Osiris platforms. Estimated time of completion is between next week and next month, depending on how many revisions the designs recieve. A new standard miner, being built by Peekie30 is progressing noticeably faster, however.

Forumside, we're working with Lecic to try and remember everything that's happened in the faction/server world in the

So far, things are looking great. ^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    about that harvester: its currently being completed on the build server, sector 18 7 97, next to my Dunkleosteus Heavy Destroyer, which will receive a new paintjob to match the rest of the NFD fleet.

TheOmega

The reason Deb needs meds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hay Debbie, what will you do when you have to recolor the Euphrates?

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    More news!

The perpetrator, named pwnies5600, came back online late last night. An NFD Munich was dispatched to investigate, as he had joined a faction. Upon closing to two sectors out, beyond nav range, the Munich's anticapital turrets began firing. Believing that they were under attack, the pilot advanced straight towards the Rising from Ashes base. Upon arrival, the Hoplite turrets killed pwnies who was in a 10k mass ship. It was then noted that he was still on the personal enemies list of the faction, and that is the reason the turrets fired. Upon killing pwnies, the faction autodeclared war, and the nav lit up a wonderful shade of bright red. Since the NFD wishes to avoid war and conflict with its neighbors, the Munich withdrew to two sectors away from the base. Pwnies attempted to attack the Munich three more times, dying to its turrets in all attempts before the Munich pilot had the chance to fire his weapons.

After the fourth attempt, Pwnies left the faction and a peace request was issued to their leader. The request was accepted the next morning, as the leadership of both factions came to an agreement. Afterwards, more progress was made in assisting the Thryn Monarchy and Trident Industries set up with warp gates between all three homebases.

The supply depot at Corinth was reorganized and now there is an elevator leading to the new and improved factory module.

A series of fast-access tubes and medical centers are being installed as I write this post to better equip pilots in the event of an emergency.

On a downside, however, a different Munich was slightly damaged after the pilot lagged out fighting 30-35 1k mass pirates. Repairs are underway, as little to no real damage to the systems was done. As a personal opinion, ships always look nice with a little bit of haphazardly-repaired scarring. Gives them more of a used feel instead of blueprints just spawned out of nowhere.

We have also been handing out resources and blueprints to allies and neutral factions alike over the past few days, as well as offering assistance in ship design and resource collection. So far, we've delivered nearly twenty aid packages of hundreds of thousands of useful systems and hulls each to various factions and players, all while doing grocery runs to the nearby shops to deliver resources to our allies free of charge. Along with this, a number of new ships are in the works to fill the gaps between our Munich, Rockhopper, and Osiris platforms. Estimated time of completion is between next week and next month, depending on how many revisions the designs recieve. A new standard miner, being built by Peekie30 is progressing noticeably faster, however.

Forumside, we're working with Lecic to try and remember everything that's happened in the faction/server world in the

So far, things are looking great. ^^
    Those ships and base are awesome!!!

Reactions: Winterhome

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    YET AGAIN, HERE WE ARE!

Earlier today. two Munich class destroyers were gifted to Ironclad Errants as part of a defense upgrade package to secure their interests on the server.

Reactions: Jake_Lancia
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    about that harvester: its currently being completed on the build server, sector 18 7 97, next to my Dunkleosteus Heavy Destroyer, which will receive a new paintjob to match the rest of the NFD fleet.
    and i shot it accidentaly today...

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    'Tis a wonderful place.

Also

I LOVE BIG ORANGE LETTERS, TIME FOR MORE NEWS.

Earlier last night, player Njord from Redshift decided to threaten the NFD with claims of a '30k mass ship that has 30mil shields and a gun that does over 20mil damage per shot, as well as a bunch of other systems including a jammer, dual warp drives, and swarm missiles. He then proceeded to talk about how he bribed the Redshift admins and abused bugs all day long to destroy Zackey_TNT's faction on there. The NFD, as you all know, doesn't take kindly to those types of people. I challenged him to a rigged bet (see attached album if you want to laugh at his responses) http://imgur.com/a/vkZvf, that he had to steal a factioned supply crate from the NFD homebase. I arranged it in such a way that it was not possible to access without exploitation. According to him, I was "Not thinking past the length of my arm." In reality, I was setting him up. I woke up this morning to find it stolen using an alt account, as expected. Our scout on the server overnight reported the following-

An NFD anticapital turret blew him sky high when he attempted to steal it using his regular account. So, he logs back in under a different name.
    "He lost on more than just [The bet], he abused tab f6, and did such using an unfactioned [alternate account] char shooting at a warhead to avoid any hostile Action.

I am ready to make sure he is very unwelcome.

Better yet, he ASSURED me that he could convince Levest [An admin] to say that such actions are non exploitive.
    Can't wait to see that one, either way he is in some shit." -Antiaris

FlyingDebris brought this to the admins' attention, and their response was- ""Well we all knew [Njord] would do something stupid"

Besides this quaint little incident, we've produced seven ships at the block limit and have as of the time of this post delivered five of those warships to various players and factions free of charge to aid in their defense.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    However, this great stability comes with a cost (about GenXNova) : They do have a strict mass limit of 50k mass, which is suspect it is the exact reason for the smoothness.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The mass limit actually makes things a lot more interesting when it comes to combat as engineering becomes more important than size. Along with that, it's easier on less powerful computers like mine.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    IGN: HuggyBear

Desired role: I enjoy building everything from fighters to frigates, but my system design needs work, so I will have to go with hull builder.

Why you chose us: I play primarily sp creative but have been white listed on, and play on weekends, your build server. (Sector 7 3 -3) and I enjoy learning from the vast array of designs and ships on the server. I am still fairly new to the sublties of ship combat but enjoy creating interesting ships. I plan on building a station and very specialized ships in the future.

Time Zone: US MST or -7 if you'd prefer

Other factions: none

Favorite style when shipbuilding: I'm only now starting to build actual ships, but I would say dramatically different from what I see, as well as trying out different shapes still. I am working up to larger ships, but my only complete ships are <100 meters currently.

P.S. FD if my frigate is causing
    lag just save a blueprint before vaporizing it please.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    IGN: HuggyBear

Desired role: I enjoy building everything from fighters to frigates, but my system design needs work, so I will have to go with hull builder.

Why you chose us: I play primarily sp creative but have been white listed on, and play on weekends, your build server. (Sector 7 3 -3) and I enjoy learning from the vast array of designs and ships on the server. I am still fairly new to the sublties of ship combat but enjoy creating interesting ships. I plan on building a station and very specialized ships in the future.

Time Zone: US MST or -7 if you'd prefer

Other factions: none

Favorite style when shipbuilding: I'm only now starting to build actual ships, but I would say dramatically different from what I see, as well as trying out different shapes still. I am working up to larger ships, but my only complete ships are <100 meters currently.

P.S. FD if my frigate is causing
    lag just save a blueprint before vaporizing it please.
    Accepted! I'll add you to the faction PM now.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    More progress!
    ...And orange letters!

The NFD Argos class destroyer (DD-198C) has recently been completed and is now in service on GenXNova.

It has a main gun slightly more capable than the one mounted on the NFD Munich class, four Samurai class heavy bombardment turrets, five Viking class anticorvette turrets, and six Jaguar class antimissile turrets. It comes complete with a hangar carrying two NFD Aquarius V4 light transport ships, and a full interior. The ship itself is just over 300k blocks with armor four and five blocks thick in some spots while maintaining full ion and 5mil shields, as well as a decent jump drive and thrust.

Another series of strikes were launched against Deep Space 9, destroying what little supplies they had left.

NFD Corinth base has been upgraded again to provide room for the new ships being docked there, and has gained a medical center as well as customizable rooms for all our members.

Along with this, we've been testing systems that combine drones with chaff. The overall result resembled a hurricane in that all the drones formed a swirling cloud around the test ship.