New Years News

Reaction score
    I used to REALLY enjoy designing reactors in this game... sort of known for that back in the day.

I did so well... that schema nerfed the system out from under me

I went from ships with 2 BILLION power regen a second to... 5 million... :(

I nearly quit playing the game...

But after some thought i decided it was for that best, and that i would find new things in the game to become a master at.

Thank you for your perspective JPF

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Is the new weapon system just Ideas and thought or have you already started testing with it?

Reaction score
    When that image says \"Massive charge Lasers,\" I don\'t suppose it means they can be resized/shaped similar to docking platforms, does it?

Reaction score
    The names may be misleading about size, you can have a 1*1 block combo weapon. The size is a reference to the possible charge size, you can charge a long time to make a huge DPS burst in 1 shot (there are balances preventing this from getting exploited)

Reaction score
    Alright, thank you for the reply. Do you have a twitter for the masses to follow?

Reaction score
    So presumably the number of weapon blocks on the slave computer is important? You can\'t, say, have 1,000 AMCs and then have just one slave missile to turn it into a shotgun, I\'m assuming. I\'m guessing that the number of slaves affects the intensity of the effect, so having 1 missile would have a spread of 1 degree and 100 missiles would be 10 degrees, or something along those lines?

Also by not having any slaves does the weapon act as it would normally, or do you have to slave, say, an AMC to another AMC?

In any case, really looking forward to the, hopefully, near future. Won\'t be changes to engines by any chance, will there? Would be nice if big ships wouldn\'t zip around so much.

Reaction score
    The numbers are important, and you have the right idea how they affect things.

You will NOT need to link systems, you can use a vanilla version Cannon or missile or any of the 5 basic weapon systems, this means you have 30 options of weapons, not just 25

Reaction score
    So now for a real question. Can the ai handle all the weapons in turrets? And are we likely to see a change in armor blocks? Because now it is extremely easy to build cannons which one hit hardened armor. Which makes it more reasonable to add a shield block than an armor block.

that being said, the new weapons are awesome. I still get in chock when I think about all the possible weapons I could have on a ship and all the possible new tactics. What interests me are the area effect weapons. How big in diameter could I expect an big area effect weapon to be. And what is with the damage, does it reduce with diameter or stays the same? And how much damage can they deal, are they for defense against fighters or can a ship from similar mass be threatened with an aoe waepon?

thanks

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Will slaves effect all stats or only the ones they are meant to modify. Like say I build a cannon and it deals X damage, now I slave a beam weapon, will each beam module added only add range or will it also effect the cannons damage, ROF, projectile speed?.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Aditionally how will this effect the current \"Shotgun\" approch of many small cannons to optimize DPS?

Reaction score
    So when this update is here what happens to the old missiles i have in my ship?

Great idea btw

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    the next update will come in there near future (obviously) but remember: it will take much time for the weapon update to come.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    An active community relations guy! I have to say this matches the new system in terms of my amazement.