New Years News

Reaction score
    has the item sqasing bug been fixed ( the one were a stack of items in your hot bar splits and deleats the item besid it.( i is VERY annoying!))

Koloss_Meshuggah

Resident Wall Flower
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The new weapons system sounds amazing and i\'m really excited about the beam weapons.

My only question is will the shape of the weapon still effect it\'s stats ? I can imagine players will start making their weapons cube shaped to keep their turning speed high since there\'s no advantage in making long barral cannons.

Reaction score
    hmm, new weapons, sounds like a treat and very awesome.

but we need new shields accompanying this methinks, will the shield system also be adequatly be updated? and if possible add a 2nd type of shield, being a bubble shield (for multi ship defence/base defence etc) (and maybe a 3rd, directional shield, for assault ships for example :) )

Reaction score
    I didnt see your post before, sorry.

Its not based on anyones suggestions, just my own thoughts, but the idea of using existing blocks and combining them is a good idea and im sure several people have considered it.

Great minds think alike after all ;)

Reaction score
    I know this is in the bug list, and that schema has several different lists veteran players keep for him. I cant say if he has or hasnt addressed this one. He is working on fixing bugs right now, and has said most are easy fixes (theres just alot that have piled up) a few that are hard to find but should also be easy once he does, and a few all around difficult bugs.

When he releases this patch, Im hoping he\'ll be nice enough to include a bug-fix list.

Reaction score
    Using Shapes to give bonus to a systems stats has gone through changes over time, some systems have had it removed entirely, others havent.

I dont like seeing Death cubes in the game, but players already do this, so my system wouldnt exacerbate the dilema.

I\'d enjoy making shape relevant again to design, but only if it doesnt unbalance the system (which is what happened before)

Reaction score
    Sheilds currently, are set to function with the weapon systems as we have them now.

With a major weapon overhaul planned, defenses of course will need to be re-visited, re-adjusted, re-done, whatever is needed until they again give a proper balance with the weapons.

What specifically will be done, i dont have details on that for you at the moment, but its certainly something we are aware of as needing attention.

Reaction score
    NPC\'s were announced in previous news, thats why i didnt talk about them.

Yes, NPC\'s are being added to the game

Reaction score
    thank you for your reply.

i was worried for a second defenses might get overlooked a bit by only talking about coming weaponry.

Reaction score
    Since there are new block shapes coming in this patch, for the sake of inventory management, will there be some sort of change to the advanced build mode? i.e. Changing hull color,shape etc

Reaction score
    Schema is the best. I hope starmade becomes as big as minecraft some day, so i can say that i was there in the begining to put my 3 dollors into the game.

Reaction score
    Well, only when the (large number of) bugs are fixed. (Not with the player model, but with a variety of other key game systems.) The player model isn\'t what\'s holding the update back right now.

Koloss_Meshuggah

Resident Wall Flower
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It would be neat to have just the basic grey hull shapes and different color \"spray paint\" items you can use to click and change the grey hulls as you place them. That might make building take longer though because you have to place and color, place and color, ect.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    This new weapon system sounds like the most freaking amazing thing in the world. I\'m going to have a lot of fun toying with these combinations, and it\'s definetively going to add a whole new layer of strategy to ship building and fightning. I can\'t help but worry about how space management may limit creativity, tough.

And Calbiri is now the new PR guy? All adds up for the best news post in some time :P

Reaction score
    Looks like I am going to have to rebuild my turrets, ships and stations.
    AFTER I do some weapons testing to see which weapon combinations I like.

The lasers are what I have been waiting for.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    So when building the new weapons, do you have to mix master and slave weapons leading to more complex systems or do you just use master weapons and a second computer is the slave?

Reaction score
    You will need to treat it as if your building two base weapon systems, then you will be able to select the master systems computer, and then link the second systems computer to it, thereby slaving it to the master computer, this of course disables the slave systems weapon out, and treats its weapon blocks as \"enhancers\"

The balance of weapon blocks in the slave/master system will affect the bonus, meaning you will not be able to add just 1 beam weapon block slave system to a 1,000,000 cannon weapon block master system, and expect to get a super sniper cannon... the benefit would be so small a range increase you wouldnt notice... this gets into the balance i mentioned.

Tentatively, you will want the master/slave computers to each have an even ratio of linked weapon blocks, to get the optimum bonus.

Reaction score
    This new weapon system.. It\'s not a joke right?

Because if this is going to make it to the game I might start playing again after all!

Nice news post, I\'m glad schema finally is spreading the work load... Can\'t wait for new site :)