New Years News

Reaction score
    Since missiles are being merged, all your existing ones will most likely be converted to the basic type (dumb missiles). From there, you can link the proper slave system to them to achieve the tracking type you desire

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Omni, are you happening to be working on a new missile animation?, tbh the current sone kinda...sucks. Its so slow with no explosion :(

Reaction score
    \"New missile animation\" is kind of a misleading way of describing such a thing: the typical \"animation\" I do refers to the animation of skinned meshes, or at least the animation of the skeletons the meshes are skinned to, as I am also the game\'s modeler. This is a strictly model related term in that context.

New missile effects, however, are another thing entirely. That\'s what you\'re referring to. :) The speed of the missiles is entirely a game balancing issue. As for effects and explosions, that\'s something I\'m intending on looking into. As it happens, I love making particle effects, which would be exactly the kind of thing involved in making explosion effects. I would say you can expect something a bit fancier to look forward to in the future, with just about any weapon. (Though anything like that would be toggleable or severely reducible for those who want to maintain high performance.) I can\'t give even the vaguest ETA, but it\'s one of the many art related aspects of the game that needs to be revisited. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Once again, missile speed is a gameplay matter. Missile speed is also inherently affected by any max speed constraint on ships, due to things like whether or not you can outrun missiles. Calbiri would be better suited to give you any answers on missile speed, if he has any he can give right now.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    yeah particle effects is sort of what I mean, you know you see your missile going then when it hits...BOOM epic explosion and you do a fist pump lol.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    something like this is what i mean - a missile effect on impact

http://www.youtube.com/watchv=x04GQ5ukCqU&feature=c4overview&list=UUiIu5_NeaCkv3Nt8R5u7pNg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    To begin let me be clear, do not get this as a complaint.

I liked very much to know about the weapon system which will be introduced in the future. But speaking of the closest, I would know what to expect from the next update.

While the update does not arrive, someone could talk a little about the changes that were made, news to be introduced and even pictures to satisfy the desire to know more.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    schema should show his face, I want to see the guy behind all of this awesomeness

Reaction score
    I totally agree, we need to have a changelog for upcoming updates and features.

Reaction score
    Looks to be promising, although I\'m sure that people will refit their ships to be more effective. This looks like a change for the better

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    this update is taking quite a while :/ should have said that it would take a while

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    They always give no promises, have said that the bugs have left the game impossible to play. Schema most likely is working on them right now

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    the weapons wont be in the next update, and it has only been 4 days since the news post. Give them chance, the more time they take, the more likly it is that schema will stomp some of the more critical bugs, which is more important than new effects right now

Reaction score
    Just as a quick community update, Schema has made a LOT of progress on bug-fixing, such as tracking down some of the little issues that were causing cascading bugs all across the game. (When something deep in the code goes wrong, one little thing, everything that relies on it is going to be affected. Find and fix that little quirk, mistake or oversight and tons of other things fall in line.) That doesn\'t mean I can give you an ETA, but progress has been solid. :)

And don\'t worry, I have plans for giving you guys some teasers to look at while you wait. I figure you deserve something to sate your hunger for news and updates. :) They may not be new flashes, but at least you\'ll have something to enjoy while you wait.

Also, fixes on turrets? Epic news.

Reaction score
    Give the Master / Slave terminology being used and the general functioning of the system, I think it would make most sense if the effect given by a certain ratio of Master / Slave blocks began to experience diminishing returns at the half way point and if by the time the ratio was 1/1 the effect was so small as to be un-noticable.

Additionally, has there been any consideration for implementing some sort of power transmission lines mechanic? The metagame aspect of cutting the powerlines to a ships weapon system seems like a pretty fun one, especially if you add some kind of sensors block that can be activated to turn all the non power conducting blocks on the enemies ship transparent and highlight their energy / weapons systems with yellow / red. Actually, the sensor idea is one I want anyway.