New Years News

Reaction score
    Just had an idea for using shields with the slaving mechanism:

You have to option of connecting a cluster of shields to a shield control computer, allowing it to be toggled, and a weapon system to be slaved to it in the normal way. Having a slaved system blocks up to 99% of damage from that weapon, letting through 1%. While letting through the inverse amount of other kinds of damage. The higher the ratio of weapon to shield, the more of one type of damage blocked, and the more of others let through.

Shields of the normal type would remain, but they would be nerfed so that you have to choose between several specialized shields or one inferior meh shield.

Probably should balance things so that harder to use weapons are harder to defend against.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I haven\'t played Star-made for a while , but those news ... Are just awesome and i\'m impatient to check those weapons out !

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That turret news deserves it\'s own announcement!! that\'s great! I also welcome camera changes, proper viewing out the sides and backs. Cameras should also be able to be linked to weapon computers which will enable broad side mounted weapons to use cameras.

Reaction score
    I alreade wrote this in suggestions, but probably this auto-returning to default orientation thingy should be in the structure tab of a mothership, not in ai settings.

Reaction score
    a strutcture tab to auto return all turrets to their zero orientation would be good as well,

but i know from talking with many people that they would also like this function to have an option to be automaticly done when not fired, this means an AI function as well. We can have both, but for now, its per turret manually (GUI functions arent the primary concern in this patch, the abilitys are, now we have the ability to reset to 0, the rest will come in time)

Reaction score
    I am going to be trying to keep the News regarding each update in a single post, this will become more streamlined as we go, for now, im fairly new at the whole news thing and im learning what works and doesnt.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    In combination with the AI not disengaging and being able to \"C\" auto center the turrets we should be able to use up and down arrow keys to basically scroll through each turret and center it manually... I pity anybody who just spams turrets though.

Reaction score
    I think you misunderstood.

Schema should add a checkbox to the structure tab. When checked, all turrets will return to their default orientation once they have no enemies in range.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    With all this talk about turrets we should be able to enter our turrets/ships by pressing [R] on the docking blocks. It would add to the immersion if we can have out friends actually man the turrets on our capital ships to fight off enemies

Reaction score
    you can do this already (arrow through docked entities, although a seperation specifically for turrets is needed)

Reaction score
    I brought this up with schema already. No confirmation on it, but its possible (for now you must have an access way to get into the turret)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Calbiri, I would first like to welcome you to the starmade team! Its good to know there is someone helping schema out now. I was wondering if you could PM me, I had some things I wanted to ask you.

Reaction score
    The hull system does need to be changed. When ships have masive amc cannons that 1 shot hull blocks they are pretty pointless. They are usefull with low damage fighters but they add so much mass to be effective.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    when you say

• Camera Optimization to allow for more complex uses to be added in the future

Does this mean there will be a form of proper 3rd person view where I can actually aim? Like the view of war thunder for example.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    cool. what about changing the docked ship selection so that by default the arrow keys only select ships docked with a normal docking block and if your wanted to select a turret you would have to hold another key like alt or control?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    \"First off, a hotfix for the current build of the game (this is to fix the current live version, it is not for use with the dev build.)\"

You are incorrect. Do not use the latest prebuild for your server; you will need to upgrade your clients.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    YEY! came here to post that after updating my server. Thanks calibri

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Great news, but.... could you stop editing updates into existing posts and let the system register them as new content? That box in the top-right corner is supposed to alert users of new information, not just link them to a blog.