New Years News

Reaction score
    The colors on the beams.. please let them be changeable D:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dear Schema,

Please fix the Admintool Nullpointexception.

Thanks

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    He said he is working on them, give him chance. New features will make sure the game doesnt die a horrible death with only 2-3 servers left with a handful of people on them. I have already seen an increase in how many people are in the chat after this post. Give schema a break, I feel your pain but give him chance.

Reaction score
    That\'s why Schema is extremely busy bug-fixing and the new weapons system isn\'t coming in the next patch. :)

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    wake me up from hibernation once they add the new weapon system...alright guys?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A new site? Nice!

As for the features, to quote Bones McCoy, \"If you ask me, and you haven\'t, I think this is a terrible idea!\"

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I\'m pumped for the new website! Everyone else should be too!!!!!

therimmer96

Reaction score
    This is the thing I look forward to most after the bugs, A website that will work at college XD

Reaction score
    will we still have power drain/suppy beams ( i need them) and (dumb qestion) salvege beams

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I sincerly doubt they would remove a weapon with out telling us

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I don\'t think I\'ll be putting main weapons on the massive ship I\'m working on until this is finished, which will be a long time. :|

therimmer96

Reaction score
    this news update has made nearly all progress on ships stop now so that new ships will be able to roll out with the latest weapon systems

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    well, with all those new options, i have a new issue. i am going to need a longer bar of weapons to pick from... i know im going to want to fire the heavy siege laser when my foe doesnt know im there, but while he is coming at me, i am going to want to switch over to the artillery cannons to slow em down while trying to take out his forward facing weapons. this is going to be like picking my primary and secondary weapons. im a long range guy, who needs close protection, and to fire tons of rounds down range. (hence my thermal optics lmg for sniping, and riot shield on my back) the next issue, will be when they add more sub options the the base 25, adding a 2nd slave system. i see alot of coding, and alot of not knowing what you are going up against anymore.

Reaction score
    Cannon, Missile, Beam, Pulsar and Minelayer are the five primary weapons, and the primary weapons and primary hybrids come to a total of 30 weapons. (5 primary, 25 hybrids) That being said, power drain/supply and salvage beams will still be in the game as they, especially the salvage beam, are absolutely necessary.

But one has to wonder: what would happen if you hybridized one of those with the primary weapons or each other, whether master or slave? I\'ll just leave it at that. No promises, but there may be more to look forward to than what\'s listed above. ;)

Reaction score
    This is actually an excellent point. In my opinion, the current GUI is not sufficient to meet the needs of the game. The current hotbar at the bottom may not have enough slots for everything that\'s going to be needed. In that vein, I will try to examine the possibility of additional hotbar features as I look into possible GUI redesigns. It\'s very important that one can control one\'s ship effectively and completely in the blink of an eye, so it\'s important that hotbar size isn\'t a limitation on what you can do with your ship.

As for not knowing what you\'re going up against, that\'s part of the point and part of the fun. ;) When you see an enemy ship, you don\'t know what their weapons are designed to do. Engaging them may be a risky proposition if you do not have absolute superiority, and you will need to be able to respond quickly to the unexpected. You also can\'t be sure they don\'t have a hidden weapons system, something different and unusual to serve as their ace in the hole. However, they wouldn\'t know if you did either, so consider keeping a few tricks up your sleeve, as long as the added mass in blocks is worth it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    to not know not merely what they will do with the limited forms of weaponry of the current game, but the many types to come... if built right, a single fighter sized ship, could take down the largest of ships with a single shot. now, is the lime that i want layers of shields, rather then just the one system that takes too long to recharge. but, that is for a later balancing of the game.