New Years News

Reaction score
    Wait, this, combined with the player model, and processing improvements (and anything I\'ve forgotten)?

I\'ve got to ask, is schema really one person?

Reaction score
    Morinth says that as IT is attempting to seduce Shepard in Mass Effect 2.

Also, this looks very cool, hopefully slow moving/short ranged weapons will have enough of a damage advantage to justify using them. Each type (or at least group) should give a totally different experience.

Reaction score
    Well, I made the player model. He may be a coding god, but it\'s better if I handle the art. We also happen to work extremely well together, which is a bonus. (And while I made the player model and animations, he does still have to code the implementation.)

But yes, Schema is really one person. And no, I don\'t know how he does it except simply put his everything, his heart and soul, into this game, into realizing his dream. Almost like a machine, but calling him a machine doesn\'t pay respect to the love he has for his creation.

Reaction score
    Schema is one amazing guy!

But again, to clarrify, the weapon system is NOT going to be included in any part in this patch, nor is it planned for any specific patch (although i too hope its soon.)

We just thought it was time to show you what we had planned for this particular aspect of the game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    mobs with both the player model and new models have also been promised. these changes however aren\'t likeley to hapen till long after the weapon system overhaul and the new update.

Reaction score
    Sorry elicitend, but Commodore got it right. :) Though I can understand your connection. Actually, anyone who knows me well would probably have a major head-start; I\'m a HUGE Mass Effect fan.

Specifically, Morinth says it when you are in her apartment and examine a chess set. Which, as those who\'ve played Mass Effect 2 would know, what she says is a parallel to the context of the scene.

Reaction score
    Well, the player model, including proper running animations for gravity/planets, jumping animations and animations for holding, aiming and firing your pistol (as well as the model for the pistol itself) will all be included in the next update; they\'re already ready. ;)

Reaction score
    Why you don\'t talk about this :( http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=14/02/n70n.png

Reaction score
    that page doesnt seem to lead anywhere relevant... no pictures displayed... and its not english :( what exactly are you refering to here?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i doubt i\'ll be playing much starmade till a new update comes out. i definetly want to try out this system soon. already got a couple of plans to build new stuff once this update comes out

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    the linked link is wrong. It just leads to the main side.

That´s the (big) picture

Reaction score
    especially the new weapon varieties and customisation, but having a missile launcher built into my laser to make it stronger sounds a little silly.

Why don\'t you make separate \"enhancer\" blocks that\'d do exactly the same job, but wouldn\'t be weapons by themselves.

It\'d be slightly less confusing, too. If you see a block called \"Damage enhancer\" or \"Multishot module\" you can pretty much guess what\'s it going to do with your weapon.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I\'m a little worried about the mines tho. I hope they do have a timer of some kind that doesn\'t make then persistant, becase, honestly, we know where that\'s gonna lead. A few stealth ships piling up hundreds/thousands of mines in multiple sectors, and watch as careless travellers get toasted, or blockade entire bases. Not to mention the server load this tactic can cost. So I really hope they despawn or self-destruct after a set time.

Reaction score
    Hahaha, this is amazing!

I actually came up with an extremely similar idea for the weapon system before, and now it\'s actually becoming part of the game? I am so goddamn happy right now! Hahaha, this is awesome, I can\'t wait to see this stuff in action!

http://star-made.org/content/weapon-modifier-blocks

Is this actually based off my idea, or just a coincidence?

Reaction score
    I was struggling on the weapon system of my build, and BAM problem solved, weapon free till this patch come up!