• No this is dumb

Votes: 5 83.3%
    • Maybe but it would never work out

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    I searched the forum and I couldn't find anything similar, however, I'm sorry if I am repeating someone else's idea.

Imagine if only stations could hold power reactors and ships were only limited to power capacitors, and ships had to dock to replenish their capacitors

I understand the change would be dramatic but hear me out.
    If capacitors were buffed to hold more power this could work. It could solve a lot of issues in the gameplay.
    It would limit your ship to a certain range you can have operations, forcing you to build outposts. No longer would you be able to chain drive all the way across the galaxy in a minute or two. I feel this would bring a greater use to warp gates and make them more appealing. It would also encourage logistic ships that carry extra power that could refill ship capacitors. Exploration ships and scouts would need to be used more frequently rather than jumping from base to base to cloaked and jammed to grief someone. Cloaks and Jams would drain your power so they are limited in use similar to a submarine diving. More player interactions would be forced and everything would have to be planned in advance.

I also feel this would appeal to the community that thinks fuel should be implemented.

Here are some negatives

Getting stranded
    Would npc's use this same mechanic
    Cloaking is already difficult to stay stable and this system would make it even harder
    It would be a harder start for new players unless they could dock to shops

This is just my spin on the issue and I still enjoy the current system. I like the idea of reactor stabilizers too but I thought I would just throw this out there to see what you guys think

Reactions: Valck
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    The sheer classification between ship and station was always frustrating.
    A carrier which is able to have harvesters docked should also be able to carry fuel generation for it's fighters and itself. still as a carrier can move it would be declared as ship. sorry no like...

Reaction score
    What you suggest is essentially changing a few configurable variables which can currently be done without any dev action required, and could take into account balancing cloakers etc. as well. I'm not sure whether the new power system would allow for a configuration like this.

It also has been thought of and discussed before, neither of which should mean it's not a valid suggestion.

A Universe with finite Power?
    A Manifesto on Fuel, Balancing, and Various Play Styles

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It's a shame your poll option for disagreeing makes people throw shade towards yourself. =/

This can be done with some config options already, so your system is already implemented, in a sense. I doubt a majority would want to play with limited fuel, though. There's already enough to manage if you don't play solo.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Its been run on some servers before. Some players quite like it, others not so much.