May we have a dev blog please?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Its been 3 weeks since the last one. Would appreciate knowing how progress is going :))

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I for one prefer to live in blissfully willful ignorance.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Im hoping they scrap this enire idea, from what i saw, it looks like a complete mess to me, i mean spaghetti meta? 5km stick of doom?
    God no, like all the Gods, even the Goauld.

Koloss_Meshuggah

Resident Wall Flower
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Im hoping they scrap this enire idea, from what i saw, it looks like a complete mess to me, i mean spaghetti meta? 5km stick of doom?
    God no, like all the Gods, even the Goauld.
    They wont though. They spent way too much time working on it, and they're convinced it is the best rework they ever did and that no one will be building flying dumbbells because reasons.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What if we stop complaining about the "Spaghetti meta and contribute ideas to help solve the problems.

Reaction score
    What if we stop complaining about the "Spaghetti meta and contribute ideas to help solve the problems.
    Many ideas have been posted for months and months. It's hard to keep doing it when you know that the important people don't want to engage or understand your ideas. If a solution is too "complicated" then it seems that is largely ignored, even if it addresses all the said issues.

No offense to you but I'm getting tired of these posts that essentially defend the devs. At this point the community has done all it can do to try to help this game. They really shouldn't be receiving any criticism at this point.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Many ideas have been posted for months and months. It's hard to keep doing it when you know that the important people don't want to engage or understand your ideas. If a solution is too "complicated" then it seems that is largely ignored, even if it addresses all the said issues.

No offense to you but I'm getting tired of these posts that essentially defend the devs. At this point the community has done all it can do to try to help this game. They really shouldn't be receiving any criticism at this point.
    We paid for a Alpha game, ever hear the phrase " you get what you pay for." considering that you can play the game for free using the demo version even now means that we as a player base get the game as packaged, not as we want it.

make suggestions, or not if you don't like the direction the game is going you can take your support elsewhere and see if EA will fix their games.

Reaction score
    make suggestions, or not if you don't like the direction the game is going you can take your support elsewhere and see if EA will fix their games.
    I do make suggestions. I guess you didn't read my post. Look outside this thread and you'll find plenty of discussion about solutions.

Here's my advice to you: Don't bother telling others what to do especially if you don't agree with them. I don't see you posting any solutions, just telling others to stop complaining.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I do make suggestions. I guess you didn't read my post. Look outside this thread and you'll find plenty of discussion about solutions.

Here's my advice to you: Don't bother telling others what to do especially if you don't agree with them. I don't see you posting any solutions, just telling others to stop complaining.
    i dont post, mainly due to the shitstorm the forums have becomes, but there are a great many topics i have contributed my info to various individuals and provided information or ideas. there are more than one way to use the functions of the site to communicate ideas bugs or suggestions to the devs

notice, how i merely said that people need to stop complaining, and now right away, someone goes full on attack mode. the forums have become the pvp of starmade.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    What if we stop complaining about the "shitstorm the forums have become?"

Reaction score
    notice, how i merely said that people need to stop complaining, and now right away, someone goes full on attack mode. the forums have become the pvp of starmade.
    Full attack mode? I'm politely expressing my opinion. It seems to me that the people who interpret what is going on right now in a negative light are simply conflict averse.

Go most anywhere else on the internet, tell people what to do, and you'll quickly find out what "full attack mode" is.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Full attack mode? I'm politely expressing my opinion. It seems to me that the people who interpret what is going on right now in a negative light are simply conflict averse.

Go most anywhere else on the internet, tell people what to do, and you'll quickly find out what "full attack mode" is.

well considering your very first comment towards me was intended to berate me on the false assumption that im "defending the dev's" when my initial intention was to merely point out the massive wastein time an energy being put to use simply to prove whose internet "equipment" is bigger. There are litteraly 0 people who will ever admit to being wrong when conducting an argument on the internet, therefore im not trying to push my point of view across on you but rather simply stating the fact that conducting any form of complaining in regards to the state of things in the game and on the forums is an utter waste of time, If people who complained stopped wasting everyone's time with rant threads its very possible the DEVs would consider the ideas and feelings of the community with a little more enthusiasm.

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    /me ahem
    Cracks fingers

Soooooooooooooooooo,How about we let the devs do their Job, instead of writing a dev blog? Dev blog will be out when Pre-release is almost ready

And to Back up the whole "Defending The Devs" Why is this term always used? When someone that doesn't agree with your "Complaint" Tossed around so willy nilly these days?

Also The only issue with SPAGHETTI SHIPS I REPEAT the only issues with SPAGHETTI and why they are a thing is a way to exploit the AI's Targeting Code. Power/system 2.0 HAS NOTHING to do with SPAGHETTI ships for being a thing. ITs merely just another way Us players choice to break the game with. The same way when Someone Made a Ring ship, and every weapon and gun (at the time)would only shoot at Center of Mass. With SPAGHETTI its paces thin rows of blocks so they AI has to try hitting 1 block with its shitty AI targeting ability.(as AI now targets blocks/system blocks and so on)

Now that you have been briefed on what SPAGHETTI ships exploit. Let me show you all what *Giving feedback is*

1. Devs Please find a way to make the AI targeting better
    2. Devs Please Take the above into consideration when doing weapons 2.0 and the case of the "SPAGHETTI SHIPS"
    3. Be like This, Not like 'WAAHH! i dont like system 2.0 because it makes SPAGHETTI SHIPS better" (with no solid reason as to WHY other then i Hate change and WAAH!)
    I have legit seen zero people (not like i really read through the mess that these forums can be) Mention the points I have mentioned within this simple post

Reaction score
    First off I'd like to apologize for assuming anything about your post. There have been a good number of forum member who have been blindly agreeing with anything the dev's do. Pardon me for assuming you might be doing the same.

I have to say I disagree with the whole rant thread thing. There's been plenty of people who are posting well-thought out feedback. Some people are ranting yes but a lot of what has been said is pretty concise and well backed up. Ignoring the moderation war, most of the discussion has been constructive and relatively civil.

Heres some examples:

General Questions and Help With Dev Build

New Power and viable shapes

New Power DEV Thread

A Solution To Flying Spaghetti Monsters

If people who complained stopped wasting everyone's time with rant threads its very possible the DEVs would consider the ideas and feelings of the community with a little more enthusiasm.
    From my experience and many others, the developer largely ignores most of what is said on the forums and through personal messages. It's the reason some of the more capable members of the community have decided to move on to other games. Once a plan is in place there is little that can be done to change it. I agree that maybe we should just shut up and move on. Sadly there are no games that are like Starmade, playable at least.

And to Back up the whole "Defending The Devs" Why is this term always used? When someone that doesn't agree with your "Complaint" Tossed around so willy nilly these days?
    Because it is a common thing that people do. There are these random people that just show up on the forum out of no where and tell people to stop criticizing the devs decisions. They defend the devs decision yet most of the time they literally have no idea what they are talking about.

Also The only issue with SPAGHETTI SHIPS I REPEAT the only issues with SPAGHETTI and why they are a thing is a way to exploit the AI's Targeting Code. Power/system 2.0 HAS NOTHING to do with SPAGHETTI ships for being a thing. ITs merely just another way Us players choice to break the game with. The same way when Someone Made a Ring ship, and every weapon and gun would only shoot at Center of Mass. With SPAGHETTI its paces thin rows of blocks so they AI has to try hitting 1 block with its shitty AI targeting ability.
    No this is not true at all. I am not going to explain to you how weapons work in this game but it has effects on ALL forms of combat. If your ship is spread out then it is hard to do any damage to it. At the same time it will be faster and more powerful simply because it is spread out.

Now that you have been briefed on what SPAGHETTI ships exploit. Let me show you all what *Giving feedback is*

1. Devs Please find a way to make the AI targeting better
    2. Devs Please Take the above into consideration when doing weapons 2.0 and the case of the "SPAGHETTI SHIPS"
    3. Be like This, Not like 'WAAHH! i dont like system 2.0 because it makes SPAGHETTI SHIPS better" (with no solid reason as to WHY other then i Hate change and WAAH!)
    I have legit seen zero people (not like i really read through the mess that these forums can be) Mention the points I have mentioned within this simple post
    People haven't mentioned it because that isn't the root of the problem. Stop taking a single post on this thread as all the feedback that has been given to the devs. There are a lot of other problems that people have with the new system. Please take the time to read some more of what is going on before having a condescending attitude towards your fellow players.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    ...The only issue with SPAGHETTI SHIPS I REPEAT the only issues with SPAGHETTI and why they are a thing is a way to exploit the AI's Targeting Code.
    This is wrong. Player aimed weapons suffer the same as would logic-fired ones. Please don't aggressively misinform.

All three of those 'points' have been mentioned by multiple people multiple times in multiple posts. If you don't "really read through the mess that these forums can be," you are not in a position to criticize what goes on within and you should know it. So why do it other then to, "WAAH" because you hate it?

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    First off I'd like to apologize for assuming anything about your post. There have been a good number of forum member who have been blindly agreeing with anything the dev's do. Pardon me for assuming you might be doing the same.

I have to say I disagree with the whole rant thread thing. There's been plenty of people who are posting well-thought out feedback. Some people are ranting yes but a lot of what has been said is pretty concise and well backed up. Ignoring the moderation war, most of the discussion has been constructive and relatively civil.

Heres some examples:

General Questions and Help With Dev Build

New Power and viable shapes

New Power DEV Thread

A Solution To Flying Spaghetti Monsters

From my experience and many others, the developer largely ignores most of what is said on the forums and through personal messages. It's the reason some of the more capable members of the community have decided to move on to other games. Once a plan is in place there is little that can be done to change it. I agree that maybe we should just shut up and move on. Sadly there are no games that are like Starmade, playable at least.

Because it is a common thing that people do. There are these random people that just show up on the forum out of no where and tell people to stop criticizing the devs decisions. They defend the devs decision yet most of the time they literally have no idea what they are talking about.

No this is not true at all. I am not going to explain to you how weapons work in this game but it has effects on ALL forms of combat. If your ship is spread out then it is hard to do any damage to it. At the same time it will be faster and more powerful simply because it is spread out.

People haven't mentioned it because that isn't the root of the problem. Stop taking a single post on this thread as all the feedback that has been given to the devs. There are a lot of other problems that people have with the new system. Please take the time to read some more of what is going on before having a condescending attitude towards your fellow players.

Says the person giving me Condescending Attitude. , Says the person that tells me to not take only 1 post and 1 issue as the only issue. Yet your saying I am wrong because I have not listed every single other persons issue. Great stuff man Great STuff! Why should I have to read every other forum post, where I see one issue. Why cant the issue I see (AI targeting) just be added to the many list of issues without someone like you telling me I am wrong because I am unable to know everything. If you wanna pay be a hourly wage I sure will Do it. But I refuse to read through shit like this for nothing but *ahaha ur wrong man! ^$@^ measuring contests*

Let me spell this out for you. WHY Does every single thread have to have people ^$@^@ at each other ? Its really hard for the devs to shift through all the threads and weed out the noise from the issues. And Its common sense that its hard to damage Noodleships. Not just for the AI targeting, but if you use a tad more brain power its within the middle of my words (Weapons kinda suck at doing damage period, They relay on being able to having hit ALWAYS, All or nothing. The weapon system really.....really lacks Proximity Fused weapons to explode when NEAR)

So I will say again. System 2.0 is not meant as the fix for noodle ships. FULL STOP.
    So unless you have a SPECIFIC reason, or proof the system 2.0 Buffs Noodle ships somehow let me know am all eyes to read. THough I start reading how I am wrong, and How you are right, am not sure you know how to give feedback, Who is wrong or right does not matter.

All We ask is simple
    FACT: Observing X does X. Hypthosis: This makes Y better when it should make X this way, instead of this way.
    Reason: I think this Because of this and this, and while your thoughts suggest this, mine run pawith yours

NOT: Oh ur wrong, this isn't true at all blah blah blah

P.S I am not talking about *issues about new system, I dont care about the news systems issues at this momment as that is not what I am talking about.* I care about always hearing that system 2.0 will buff Noodle-ships or some shit. Its common sense......Noodle ships exist now, because of how damage/combat is handled. Any system update will transfer over to noodle ships. unless AI/Weapons/Players ability to target, is updated it some way to punish noodle-ships for good

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    here we go again. In any event no matter how many constructive topics are produced they get railroaded by equipment measuring contests like the post two posts above, as i said, no one on the internet admits they are wrong, but once a topic is railroaded by someone who disagrees and it becomes a "Stick battle" the general consensus of alot of people is to disregard the remainder of the topic. I personally stick to talking my ideas to dev's via PM and group convos because the moment someone disagree's with an idea the topic becomes a flame war. Its better for the Health of the game, and the mental health of all those who are on the forum to keep things on topic, while maintaining a positive atmosphere. I am sure almost all of us who have jobs, lives, families who are stressed out on a daily basis can attest that we play this game to relieve stress. If the current dev builds are not up to the liking of a player it is their prerogative, I can say there are things on the current dev build I can not stand, I hate the way that stations are nearly useless other than "Dock here to keep ships safe" I hate how easily exploited aspects of the game are. There are countless things in my life that I absolutely despise, but for a game where i get to live out the dream of designing a star ship, Starmade fills that hole in my heart and gives me not only enjoyment, but also inspiration as a writer. Despite the many many flaws in the game I stand by it because Starmade is a one of a kind game, and there is not nor will there ever be, another game like it.

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This is wrong. Player aimed weapons suffer the same as would logic-fired ones. Please don't aggressively misinform.

All three of those 'points' have been mentioned by multiple people multiple times in multiple posts. If you don't "really read through the mess that these forums can be," you are not in a position to criticize what goes on within and you should know it. So why do it other then to, "WAAH" because you hate it?

I didn't Misinform anyone. YOU ASSUMED (i value AI weapons more yes, so I left out the second half, so yes I agree while its not just AI, the players ability sucks as well, My point is still valid and is not wrong, it was a half fact, which does not make it wrong. just because I might be wrong about something does not mean stop using your brain)

IT is indeed an issue with THE TARGETING AI ASWELL as The players ability to hit. While different then the AI, it still sucks as you must aim at the right point or your weapon fire will not converge on the block you wish to strike and fling right past.

(@not at you Specifically Crasmaster this part just being stated in general)
    My account age when I joined this forum/game is not a fluke. I know how this game works and how the weapons work. I am intimately comfortable with everything (but complex voodoo logic). I have seen this game So change so many times and as a general feeling, it as improved in quality every time

Reaction score
    How am I being condescending? Now your literally just making shit up and arguing with yourself. I tried to be polite but simply me disagreeing with you two seems to be an attack. I'm sorry I even bothered.