May we have a dev blog please?

Reaction score
    I feel like RP players are becomming some sort of boogyman, I see posts saying that new power limits creativity then in the same breath that RP builders will probably be fine with it. RP builders absoloutely do not want less creativity especially when it comes in the form of something that forces absurd dimensions upon ship designs.
    I agree, it's a common trope on the forums for RP/PvE builders to get flak downrange for just about anything that doesn't work in the game, or trying to suggest that there are other other ways of playing the game than the way PvPers play the game.
    Well the message that triggered those responses(which was written by TheDerpGamerX) only said that rp players did not care about the power mechanic and never insinuated that the rp players were responsible for anything nor that they were wrong.
    Please read messages without prejudice: the poster did not write anything hostile to rp players.

Reaction score
    Please read messages without prejudice: the poster did not write anything hostile to rp players.
    We were offering just general observations on how the discussions usually go on these boards. I didn't think these observations could be taken as hostile actions towards any particular group of players.

Apparently, something in our posts triggered you, but I don't see what the problem is.

Reactions: Levarith

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I feel like RP players are becomming some sort of boogyman, I see posts saying that new power limits creativity then in the same breath that RP builders will probably be fine with it. RP builders absoloutely do not want less creativity especially when it comes in the form of something that forces absurd dimensions upon ship designs.
    ...Except that it kind of doesn't. If you don't care too much about your ship being good from a practical standpoint, the new system is mildly annoying at worst. Even if you have to size down your reactor, you can at least make the ship move and shoot no matter what its proportions are.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    ...Except that it kind of doesn't. If you don't care too much about your ship being good from a practical standpoint, the new system is mildly annoying at worst. Even if you have to size down your reactor, you can at least make the ship move and shoot no matter what its proportions are.
    Wanting to build a good looking ship and sacrificing a large amount of performance are neccesarily the same thing. Even if its not for PVP I may still want it to have decent PVE capabilty without having to build a larger ship than the AI.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Perhaps it would be better if you could assign power to systems before building them.
    So that you have a plan on how much blocks of everything you need / can use.

Sort of a build planer

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    The statement is based on the belief that true RP players are in it for the building, not the systems. Therefore, they don't really care if they can't power their systems, because they didn't have any worth powering anyway.

The people who are most effected by the creative restrictions are those that want to PvP (or PvE, though given the state of AI ships it's less of an issue) in something that actually appears to be a ship. The divide between good looking and well designed ships and meta PvP monstrosities has become astronomically large.

G

GDPR 302420

ommon trope on the forums for RP/PvE builders to get flak downrange for just about anything that doesn't work in the game, or trying to suggest that there are other other ways of playing the game than the way PvPers play the game.

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    No, it was not a half fact. It was WRONG. You stated that, "The only issue with SPAGHETTI SHIPS I REPEAT the only issues with SPAGHETTI and why they are a thing is a way to exploit the AI's Targeting Code." This is incorrect (wrong). We were using our brains by seeing that it was causing more issues than just the "only" one you cared to mention. We did not assume, we read what you wrote on your (wrong) post and it was in fact wrong. So it was pointed out that your post had misinformation in it. All you needed to do was state that yes you see that it was not entirely correct and move on. Instead you felt the need to defend your (wrong) post and insist that because it had elements of the truth that makes it right. Well it doesn't.

As for your request for examples of how power 2.0 is making spaghetti stronger, the very fact that having x number of stabilizers 200m away from my reactor for max efficiency and no reason to fill that blank space with anything, much less hull and the fact that the stabilizers don't get any bonus for being grouped together means that I am even more free to spread my ship out because now i have no incentive to have anything in groups except my shield rechargers and my reactor. Anything beyond that can be as many tiny groups. I feel that makes spaghetti stronger by nearly making is necessary to have a 100% stabilizer efficient ship with minimal block count...
    yada yada yada yada. MY fact about AI targeting sucks still stands no matter how much you want to tell me it doesn't stand. go tell someone else they are wrong for being wrong because they did say something how you wanted them to say it.

Also you should check out the Integrity feature. in per-realse
    might be useful vs spaghetti

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeh, it's not a complete solution. However, it does seem to reduce the survivability of high surface area builds; even 3x3 pipes tend to go rather volatile after taking enough hits:

That was the result of scratching up a 3x3 thruster pipe randomly for a while with a tiny beam weapon.

Needs practical testing, though. I don't know how this would work out in actual combat.