Read by Council Logic Space (an extra dimension)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Logic is fun but putting in systems in smaller ships is at best awkward. In larger ships you have to hide tubes and things get weird far too often. To this end I propose an extra dimension, let's call is 'Logic Space'. How it works is in build mode you make a ship normally but when placing 'invisible' logic (that is logic you do not interact with) you can put it in an extra dimension, here's how I envision it:
    • In build mode you get to 'Logic Space' using a mapped toggle key.
    • Logic Space is outside normal space but your core still exists as a reference, as well as any blocks that can be affected by logic. Not unlike the testing area for a shipyard but attached to your ship blueprint.
    • In Logic Space you are not adding to the mass of your ship, or it's dimensions, the purpose is just to affect a normal space block.
    • Here you do all your nasty wiring, hidden from sight in normal space.
    • These blocks cannot be damaged or destroyed but their interface (normal space) blocks can be as per usual.
    • If the ship is destroyed, so is everything in Logic Space *poof*
    What this allows is large complex logic to be added to smaller ships. You still need inputs and outputs but you don't need a hangar of logic for your awesome elevator anymore. I don't know if this hidden dimension is possible in the current code but if it is there are probably many other things that could be placed here. Might need a few special blocks (like Logic Display Panels for notes in logic space).

So how whacked is this idea?

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    It's definitely creative, but for me its fun trying to fit it in. Generally you have to be more creative with more restrictions. I can understand wanting to remove logic pipes, but not hide all logic.

You can't destroy the logic either, which I think is wrong.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It's definitely creative, but for me its fun trying to fit it in. Generally you have to be more creative with more restrictions. I can understand wanting to remove logic pipes, but not hide all logic.

You can't destroy the logic either, which I think is wrong.
    I'm sure the logic blocks could remain place-able in regular space as it is now. However, I think you are in the minority of wanting to be directly challenged with logic placement creativity. Most players only want the logic to do what they want to do with as little fuss and inconvenience as possible.

and what happens if i try and salvage a ship with hidden logic?
    I would recommend only getting the block holding the logic, not the logic blocks themselves, which in "logic space" would represent a circuit board. When salvaged, the logic should be lost. As long as logic blocks aren't expensive, it shouldn't be a big loss.

Reaction score
    See, the issue with logic currently (IMHO) is that it is big. Insanely big. and frankly, sometimes there isn't enough room to organize some of the logic systems. This would be perfect, You have a Primary Logic block, you enter the other dimension and have, not an infinite amount of space, maybe the ships mass is how much room you have to work with, but you put all of the logic in there and boom, done.

Reaction score
    What if that dimension is inside another block? Like the "Littleblocks" mod for Minecraft's redstone, just that it won't be rendered nor have physics if not editing it

You will have a new block, the "Logic Box" and the regular logic blocks will be placed inside it. The inside of the logic box will be a special chunk that can only contain logic blocks (press R in build mode to access it?). It will have two special spots where you can connect the input and output signals.

When it gets destroyed, all contained blocks destroyed. If it's salvaged or removed, all contained blocks are salvaged. The blocks may add mass to the ship.
    Or better. If not empty, it keeps all the inside blocks in place when salvaging/removing it and is stored like a blueprints.

The logic boxes could also "bake" all the logic from inside, so it can be processed at once and maybe generate less lag. That way, the actual logic blocks won't work inside the box, they will be only used for the design.

MC mod and Google search

Last edited:
    Reactions: jorn818