Landing Gear/ Repulser Fields.

Reaction score
    I think the best solution would be some kind of plexdoor connected to a new computer, who can only being activated from the ship core (weapons menu).

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    only pro with that is that plex doors are just turned invisible and can be blasted away in a battle plus if your missing parts of your landing gear you wont exactly be able to be locked down to a ship or space stations hanger bay.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    guys you know that you can use plex doors as landin gears right? we just need a remote control for them

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    plexdoors just turn invisible and are still vulnerable to being shot off, which in case if you have to land after a battle you may teeter tooter instead of sitting level like most players would probably want. im just throwing that out there.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the idea of having a control block for landing gear, possibly able to control two items at once.

I suggest a landing gear control block that will link to both landing gear and plexlifters (which could be used when a ship\'s landing gear puts the cockpit too high to enter from the ground.) When used, it could deploy the landing gear and then drop down the plex lifter once the ship has come to a complete stop.

Landing gear would stop bounce from landing on planets and also create a gravity field when docking in space. Why wouldn\'t this be better than a docking module? With applying gravity rather than docking, if you dock on a ship and that ship moves, your ship can be pulled away. If docked on a space-station, it can be bumped by explosives or other ships, making such a landing only temporary and also dangerous.

Also, after reading this whole thread, repeating, \"I guess this post has died\" sounds like you\'re a little kid saying, \"pay attention to me.\" Good idea, though.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    it was the only way to keep the post on the first two pages of suggestions normal forum readers dont normally go past page two so I had to do something to keep it out there.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ok new question added onto this post, Do You As Players Think It Would Be Feasible To Have Landing Gear?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Best and easiest to add Landing gear would be:

Simply having same thing as doors but retextured and controlable from inside of ship. you push button and it appears. thats it. :) now impelement it!! hah

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    true but instead of just having it appear it should extend and retract and have at least some power drain while the gear is in transit to either up or down.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I must say, I\'ve had a change of heart on the subject recently. Landing gear which can attach you to a surface is a good idea, since the current docking is really screwy, with expanding the area, issues with orientation and actual aiming of the docking beam.

Asking if people think this is Feasible is hardly new :P. If you really have to bump the thread, simply updating the first post knocks it to the top of the forum list. But really, I don\'t think there\'s much more to be said on the subject, therefore it doesn\'t really need bumping. The idea is sound, there\'s nothing more to add to it. A block which can expand and add some friction to landing works, and is a complete idea. If you don\'t have more to add to it, it doesn\'t need bumping to the top page every day.

Reaction score
    Well, landing gear would be useful for boarding onto enemy ship. You magnetically connect with ship on side where turrets can\'t hit you, then some of your men removes few blocks using some weapons, like laser added recently and you are entering ship and kills all resistance, then take over it.

Reaction score
    If you going to have a landing gear on your ship you should have downward thrusters to counter gravity as I guess most ships won\'t have wings to use air pressure to creat lift.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    thats why also am supporting an idea sudjested to me here which is repulsor fields which bassically are what make ships in say like my favorite mover saga Star Wars makes those giant ships able to land softly and safely and makes lukes speeder float.

Stike7g5

Mandalorian Shipwright
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I agree and support this idea to the fullest respect. Both retractible landing gear and a form of repulsar lift or hover tech that would ease in atmospheric flight.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would certainly like this. Even if it had to have a snap on angle to 90 degrees and positioning to the nearest block, it would be awesome. Currently when docking orientation is locked. I would prefer to have the freedom to dock my ships as I choose on my station instead of having them fixed in one position. How about landing gear and a landing computer? The gear, when activated through the computer, would deploy up to 10 blocks below it until it reached the surface. Then the ship would stay in position and not move. However, another ship could move in and push the ship up off the surface.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    i think it would work best if it deployed to the length that you dedicate as the landing gears height so your ship will sit how ever high or low off the surface you want so our ship wont be sitting 10 blocks up in the air per-say.