Landing Gear/ Repulser Fields.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I can see what your saying about using plex doors as landing struts/gear but the only plem i see is youd have to have a computer in which you can assign to them so you can open your doors or lower your gear instead all of them at ounce so youd need I.E. a landing strut/gear computer and then a door computer and assign them manually.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    landing gear would be awesome, aswell as some kind of hover feature making it easier to land and then a retractable elevator that takes you from the ship to the surface.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A core exit block would solve the teleporting bug and make ships easier to design

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ok so i noticed alot of you want landing gear for mostly the same reasons i do to touch down softly and \"Majesticly\", and be able to land on a planet surface and such. But i also want to hear form those nic-picky ship builders the one that go done to the last grueling detail in there builds wouldnt you like to have landing gear as well?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Docking used to work by creating a large section of plexlanders. They\'d form a large landing pad that ships could land on. However, the system was buggy and nowhere near as effective as the current docking system.

The primary issue with ships \"bouncing around\" is one with the physics engine. If schema implemented sleepstates for entities, plexdoor landing gear would indeed be a viable option.

Also protip; if you want to be able to get out of your ship while it\'s moving, I\'d recommend installing a gravity module. Activate it before you enter the core and when you hop out, you\'ll still be in your ship (usually).

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ive tried that comrade but im also asking for landing gear because as i said in a earlier post am looking forward to building a planetary based space port on a planets surface but that can be problematic if i have automated turrets on the bottoms of my ships. which will make my ship sit unevenly usually.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think landing gear could tie in well with some kind of radar for sutable landing spots. Or ships could go into a landing mod, where they hover a set distance over the ground when activated.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    well radar would be nice but if you ever watched star wars or star trek voyager youd know sometimes ships dont land nin suitable spots they just plop em down on the flattest area large enough to hold there ships.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    i just thought of this as well what if some one has built a large enough ship that ahs hangers that can fit your ship you could always land in there with alnding gear if they some how make a slight gravity for ships in a ship. which would also be useful in a space station.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    instead of this, it would be nice to have hinges/things/parts of a ship you can attach to a hinge type thing to move them, then you could make ladning gear, awesome doors to reveal a lase and such. Also, schema could revamp the docking system so that it works better, as at the moment, you just hit it with the docking laser and you are suddenly docked

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    im talking about for those instances where theres no docking module availible and you have to use gear. which is most often in my case since im a freighter/smuggler in the game.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    i think landign gear would be a nice feature if you have survived an attack from pirates and can land on a planet for emergency repairs would be awesome.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    well it appears this idea has lost support. but if it hasnt please tell yours ideas for landing gear or if youd even like to have it!

Reaction score
    Or simply make the docking module compatible with planets, would prevent all of the bouncing problems too.

EDIT: It could be a new block called \"landing platform\", and there could be landing platform enhancers too :D

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    unlike some people some space ships that people build are based on ones that do have lanidng gear like my new yt-2000 and i think that landing gear would e nice to have anyways because the size of a docking enhancer id need would be to large to even place some where.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    i want to throw this curve ball in as well for landing gear. I know people are saying just dock the dag on thing but unless the planet your going to has a docking module with enough enhancers to handle your ship you can dock. and landing gear would be useful because some ships may have turrets on the bottom of them. so it\'d be ill advised to land on those just incase your stuck in a han solo momment in a landing/ docking bay on tatooine. Plus id like to ad another module which would be interesting to have, is a ramp module a loading ramp would be nice so you dont have to worry about losing plex doors when there deactivated if your in combat. I think it would be very useful to have these things in the game.

Reaction score
    While its a nice idea. I\'m sure Docking Modules will be worked on to support such large ships. And physics themselves will be greatly improved to where landing on a planet surface or anywhere else wouldn\'t be so bouncy.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Id rather not land on the belly of my ships since i tend to have both Dorsal And Ventral based auto turrets and i dont like building up the bottom so they dont get rested on.