Kupu's thread

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hmm... nope. It's still out of date... what changes are you referring too?
    The pixel pack, for some reason, has textures for the warp drive modules, and other things that got added at a later date. And they look different than in the default pack, but not too different. Could it be that the textures from the default pack somehow ended up in the pixel pack?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    The pixel pack, for some reason, has textures for the warp drive modules, and other things that got added at a later date. And they look different than in the default pack, but not too different. Could it be that the textures from the default pack somehow ended up in the pixel pack?
    Oh, no it seems like the latest build included files that were submitted to be included from a long time back but were for some reason, omitted. A minor mistake.

I'll bring the Pixel pack up to a "working" state today to be bundled into the next update. It is being given a very slow, very thorough overhaul. I'm not happy with it's quality and will try bring it inline with the Default pack.

*cough* forcefields.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    two questions, kupu

Will conduits be rotatable? sometimes i want the fluid to flow vertically but because of the way its designed the fluid only flows horizontally. will that change in the future or cuz of the block ID limits like you said before thats not possible?

and is there there any plans to revamp the build mode stats on the left of the screen? with the new UI they seem little out of place and very utilitarian. if there is plans will they include some more visual flare like gauges that display power/shield capacity? one of the things that miss the most from the old UI is that the gauges for shield, power, and even your current speed was always being displayed. i had a visual que to how fast my shields/ energy was charging/draining so i could make adjustments accordingly. with the new UI i have to go into flight mode in order to get some feedback which seems a bit awkward.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    two questions, kupu

Will conduits be rotatable? sometimes i want the fluid to flow vertically but because of the way its designed the fluid only flows horizontally. will that change in the future or cuz of the block ID limits like you said before thats not possible?

and is there there any plans to revamp the build mode stats on the left of the screen? with the new UI they seem little out of place and very utilitarian. if there is plans will they include some more visual flare like gauges that display power/shield capacity? one of the things that miss the most from the old UI is that the gauges for shield, power, and even your current speed was always being displayed. i had a visual que to how fast my shields/ energy was charging/draining so i could make adjustments accordingly. with the new UI i have to go into flight mode in order to get some feedback which seems a bit awkward.
    I will need to test the conduits and see if there are still rotation bugs that could possibly effect it.

Some aspects of the GUI are still in development with quite a lot of planned HUD features still yet to be implemented. Better regen information on vitals should be implemented to avoid what your describing. The build mode is also yet to receive an update. It simply had a few sprite file changes for now. It's an ongoing task, while the bulk of the framework is in, there are still changes to be made (such as the weapons panel).

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Texture:
      • 100% size *4 byte/pixel; Normal colors
    • Damage-Cracks:
      • 100% size *1 byte/pixel; 4 bit at which damage% this pixel is used in an overlay; 4 bit for the color (from index).
      • 1 more channel for opacity?
    • Damage-Index:
      • 16 colors per Block; Smooth transitions either by color-index or smoothing operation on the GPU

If this is possible (have a different color-index per triangle/pixel) it would solve the problems and enable different overlays for different blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    well while were also going on about the new UI i have another complaint.

the server alert messages you know the ones that pop up saying server saving and stuff. well can there be some pickling way to move those pickly things out of the way please. I have to stop what I'm doing in build mode and wait for those gosh darn pickles to go away. its annoying.
    Many thanks. Love you lots.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor

the server alert messages you know the ones that pop up saying server saving and stuff. well can there be some god damn way to move those damn things out of the way please. I have to stop what I'm doing in build mode and wait for those fuckers to go away. its annoying.
    That issue will be addressed in time. I don't even think it's even Kupus department...

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold

the server alert messages you know the ones that pop up saying server saving and stuff. well can there be some pickling way to move those pickly things out of the way please. I have to stop what I'm doing in build mode and wait for those gosh darn pickles to go away. its annoying.
    Many thanks. Love you lots.
    Yes, there is a way. Please use the search function though.
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/is-...server-not-responding-window.5836/#post-85320

This is a family friendly board. I have taken the time to edit your post for you, please try and contain that boundless passion at least a little.

Sven_The_Slayer now that i think about it, this info is probably not that widely visible, would this tidbit be worth a 'Svens Tips' video?

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    sorry for the swearing, but it was that annoying. may I suggest some way to set that within the game such as an option toggle in the options menu.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    sorry for the swearing, but it was that annoying. may I suggest some way to set that within the game such as an option toggle in the options menu.
    No worries. Yea, there were plans to eventually allow HUD editing from within the game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Please use the search function though.
    Sorry for the late response, I just thought that it was worth mentioning that search hasn't worked for some time now. It is quite annoying in situations like this.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hi kupu, can you check on the normal maps for the gravity unit when you have a chance? The side normals appear to have been rotated rather than generated from rotated surfaces, which I think throws off the lighting angles. The difference is hard to see in-game but possible when looking for it.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Hi kupu, can you check on the normal maps for the gravity unit when you have a chance? The side normals appear to have been rotated rather than generated from rotated surfaces, which I think throws off the lighting angles. The difference is hard to see in-game but possible when looking for it.
    Yes! Good spot. Thanks. :)