Kupu's thread

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    You might want to be visible from the distance that you can hit the door from in astronaut mode. But further?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Nuuuuuu... I'm using it to make a door that blends in decently with glass. :(
    If people are happy as it is, i'm happy to leave them be.
    Just trying to gauge if that is the case. :)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    If people are happy as it is, i'm happy to leave them be.
    Just trying to gauge if that is the case. :)
    we need a better use indicator, something along the lines of what star citizen has would work, but no need to change the actual texture :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2

What do we think?

Would you guys want more or less transparency? How about on colours, more or less transparency? Brighter in colour than hull or duller? Or exactly the same?

I have a set ready now, but i'm keen to know how you'd like these to be used / seen.
    I think that looks much better. Is the star shining directly on the glass?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

What do we think?

Would you guys want more or less transparency? How about on colours, more or less transparency? Brighter in colour than hull or duller? Or exactly the same?

I have a set ready now, but i'm keen to know how you'd like these to be used / seen.
    I'd like a little less transparency, just to make it even less like glass. Either that or make glass more transparent and/or whiter. Otherwise the colours are spot-on (assuming the black one is actually black and the white one is, well, white ;))

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    we need a better use indicator, something along the lines of what star citizen has would work, but no need to change the actual texture :)
    I've not seen it. Could you explain how it shows activators? The current "Press R to activate" is a little stiff.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    When you are in range of something (or in starmades case have the crosshair on a block) that can be activated, you get this indicating you can do an action

Something like the power failure notification at the lower end of the screen would work well.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I like how glass doors look like regular glass so that they can be used for cockpits. I do wish we had all the colors for glass doors since we dont all use regular glass for cosmetic reasons. I know this isnt the case for ID reasons but it certainly should be looked at imo.

The two blocks hold really different stats. Combining the two means you'd either be paying huge amounts of resources for ol' glass blocks or having terrible stats on a white crystal hull. One of two uses gets gimped.
    I think crystal armor should be changed into glass since that all people use it for anyways, unless there is a reason its called armor... is there?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I think crystal armor should be changed into glass since that all people use it for anyways, unless there is a reason its called armor... is there?
    Crystal armor was just as strong as advanced armor. Haven't checked to see if crystal armor was changed to match advanced armor after the updates to the hull blocks though.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Crystal armor was just as strong as advanced armor. Haven't checked to see if crystal armor was changed to match advanced armor after the updates to the hull blocks though.
    They have. Crystal armor has 250 HP and an armor rating of 75%. Just like Advanced Armor

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yea, I believe it is stronger than glass and more costly to make.
    They have. Crystal armor has 250 HP and an armor rating of 75%. Just like Advanced Armor
    Hmm seems strange to me since it is only really ever used as glass and since ive only ever seen one builder use it as actual armor.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Sounds like everyone just wants transparent blocks in all the default colours which they can use for both windows and doors. Maybe have more than one toughness grading, e.g. Glass = Hull, Crystal = Standard Armour, Reinforced Crystal = Advanced Armour. I mean, we already have Blast Doors so why not Crystal Doors? Or are we risking taking up too many block IDs again?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor

What do we think?

Can't wait to see it in game!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    So was anyone else bored of our "Warhead" texture? They still hark back to the old early days of SM.
    It was a little....

I've tweaked them, given them a unique top / bottom and minor animations.
    Still in testing, but i'm determined to get something more engaging, meaner and in keeping with our other blocks.

I have also changed the Ice Crystal texture *hides*

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    That looks amazing. However, what are you doing with the ice crystal texture...?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    That looks amazing. However, what are you doing with the ice crystal texture...?
    I believe he meant that he fixed it so it isn't wood anymore.
    I fixed this already, it's in the latest builds.... right? *heavy breathing*

I've kept the glow colour, intensity and the texture colour the same. People using it for exhausts etc should be unaffected.
    However rather than being a "cut" cube of crystal spawning as a raw material in world gens, i've made a "raw" version.

Imagine removing the polished gem stone aspect of the varat crystal and adding some ice like formations to it... ?

I've not posted any pics of it as i'm still not 100% on it all. Can you tell? haha.