Kupu's thread

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Hey do you ever think that it will be possible to have multiple colors of glass doors? I would really love to make my cockpits able to be opened with the orange glass they use.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Hey do you ever think that it will be possible to have multiple colors of glass doors? I would really love to make my cockpits able to be opened with the orange glass they use.
    I'm not sure. (What a terrible answer! ^^ ) To be honest, we could do this quite easily. The texture is there, the block type is easy to replicate, it just means adding one in the block editor.

The only concerns i can see, is the block ID count and wether Schema / Calbiri want them.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Are you referring to the Crystal Armor textures? I thought glass (block and doors) was a separate, less saturated texture. Having glass and crystal armor look exactly the same may have both appealing and non-appealing factors.

On a related note, have you ever experimented with making the crystal armor more... crystalline? Kinda wondering how that might look now, may have to try it out tomorrow if I get time (thinking of copying the crystal textures and increasing the transparency as a quick method).

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Ladies, Gents, Friends.

A Dev blog has been created in the form of a featured thread here on the forums.

http://starmadedock.net/threads/dev-blog-february-26th-2015.6048/

The info you find here will be found reposted there too with possibly a little more info when it pertains to more than textures.
    So if you've "watched" this thread, or follow it occasionally, you may want to subscribe to the dev blog thread :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Ladies, Gents, Friends.

A Dev blog has been created in the form of a featured thread here on the forums.

http://starmadedock.net/threads/dev-blog-february-26th-2015.6048/

The info you find here will be found reposted there too with possibly a little more info when it pertains to more than textures.
    So if you've "watched" this thread, or follow it occasionally, you may want to subscribe to the dev blog thread :)
    will be waiting for your news there too :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    i nodest, that default textures was changet, logic circuit have the same textures as the lights (no different between on/off status) i check the files and i see that some more texture like CPUs or Weapon system have 2 same texture, so i suppose, that lead for something new, like weapon CPUs will have different texture between on/off. Isn't it?

EDIT:

i think it will be a bug, because is different between 254 and other textures...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor

I never use black crystal armor because it is so bright. Today I had a bug which turned my blue crystal armor black. it looks awesome, why isn't this what black crystal armor looks like?

Reactions: psteiner and Blodge
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2

I never use black crystal armor because it is so bright. Today I had a bug which turned my blue crystal armor black. it looks awesome, why isn't this what black crystal armor looks like?
    Agreed, I think black crystal armor should have a darker tint. It almost looks white in some situations in its current state.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the "Realistic" textures? It might be darker with the "Default" textures.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the "Realistic" textures? It might be darker with the "Default" textures.

Default texture pack:
    The top row is actually black crystal armor, while the bottom row is white crystal armor. This is odd considering that the black crystal armor is a closer shade of white in the game.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Yea, That's pretty odd.

I have a few textures that are being updated over the next two weeks or so. Among this i will completely remake the Crystal Hulls to better represent the colours.

Thanks for the patience and pokes about these, i know the crystal hulls have been a bit turbulent of late.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    They do reflect the light to the extreme ... turn them out of sight of a light source and they look ok. for me at least .

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold

What do we think?

Would you guys want more or less transparency? How about on colours, more or less transparency? Brighter in colour than hull or duller? Or exactly the same?

I have a set ready now, but i'm keen to know how you'd like these to be used / seen.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score

What do we think?

Would you guys want more or less transparency? How about on colours, more or less transparency? Brighter in colour than hull or duller? Or exactly the same?

I have a set ready now, but i'm keen to know how you'd like these to be used / seen.
    Those are spot on, colours themselves seem fine to me, but normal glass should either be removed, or not fucking blue

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I agree. Couldn't White Glass be normal glass anyway?
    The two blocks hold really different stats. Combining the two means you'd either be paying huge amounts of resources for ol' glass blocks or having terrible stats on a white crystal hull. One of two uses gets gimped.

...but normal glass should either be removed, or not fucking blue
    lol.
    As for it's texture? Well, the current glass texture is pretty much in response to the community feedback. I had originally designed them to be close to completely transparent and non coloured except for a small border. (vet's might remember that from my 1st ever pack).

With all that said however, glass is getting a little tweak though alongside the others. That and i'm toying with the idea of making glass doors a different texture... something to indicate it is in fact different from a distance. Feel free to add your ideas here.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    With all that said however, glass is getting a little tweak though alongside the others. That and i'm toying with the idea of making glass doors a different texture... something to indicate it is in fact different from a distance. Feel free to add your ideas here.
    Nuuuuuu... I'm using it to make a door that blends in decently with glass. :(