• Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Block rotations were requested a few days back. I've found a workaround to get our animated blocks rotating.

Not this update just released, but the next one will contain new rotations.

Edit: The texture assignments on the conduit could now be made to resemble a full pipe with an end cap.

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    any news on the decorative blocks like screens getting the full wedge/rail style of rotation? Screen face the side of a ship by default when set to have a screen ontop, so they just look silly in most applications :c

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Block rotations were requested a few days back. I've found a workaround to get our animated blocks rotating.

Edit: The texture assignments on the conduit could now be made to resemble a full pipe with an end cap.
    Hooray! You really do work magic, you know that? ;)
    Now we will be able to put Jump Inhibitor Modules along our cannon barrels for some real cool looks!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    any news on the decorative blocks like screens getting the full wedge/rail style of rotation? Screen face the side of a ship by default when set to have a screen ontop, so they just look silly in most applications :c
    Wedge versions are currently not possible.
    Giving them 24 rotations (like rails) is possible perhaps. Something i can test in the coming week.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Not wedge version, wedge style rotation is all I meant ;)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor

I rated this friendly, because it's a heart and I love you!

Reactions: kiddan
    Reaction score
    great news cant wait lots of stuff to do with new rotations for thos blocks
    fantastic kupu keep up the amazing work

Reactions: nightrune

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Hey kupu and news on the texture revamp/new textures/texture overhaul/whatever you wanna call it, will at least parts of it be ready for the next update? :D Also, could water blocks get an animation? They are really hard to see atm and an animated texture would make them much easier for the naked eye to pick up. :)

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Can we get food replicator decoration? :)
    I would ask for a coffee machine and microwave, but that makes no sense for a space faring race to use such primative technology in their mess halls or kitchens.

Oh yeah, a toilet and shower head would be great to. ;)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Hey kupu and news on the texture revamp/new textures/texture overhaul/whatever you wanna call it, will at least parts of it be ready for the next update? :D Also, could water blocks get an animation? They are really hard to see atm and an animated texture would make them much easier for the naked eye to pick up. :)
    No news other than it's still being worked on. I don't expect we will see it within the next few updates. It's quite a large task.
    It will be released all in one block, not staggered.

Water will be animated. :)

Can we get food replicator decoration? :)
    I would ask for a coffee machine and microwave, but that makes no sense for a space faring race to use such primative technology in their mess halls or kitchens.

Oh yeah, a toilet and shower head would be great to. ;)
    I'll be honest, i really don't think our time should be spent on toilets and shower heads right now.
    Who knows, food production or more "living quarters" block types might see use later on, but not now.

As always, thanks for the suggestion though :)

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'll be honest, i really don't think our time should be spent on toilets and shower heads right now.
    True. Thanks Kupu. I thought I'd just put it out there.
    I thought it would add to the ship internals and bring us closer to astronaut related functions and abilities.

For future thought around it could I suggest;
    • Perhaps a universal block that's a Transformable fabircation/replication/recycling system that changes it's appearance with block rotation?
    • Or even a new type of basic factory block (or look for existing) with the transformation ability to look like what we need.
    What I mean by transformation is merely different appearances brought about by multiple (likely more than 24) block rotations. Where the reasoning around this is the block is a piece of transforming recycling technology. Something that is most valuable in space where resources are scarce and need to be recycled.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1462229426,1462228152][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually, thinking about it. If you apply the infinite rotation method to all blocks, you wouldn't need more block ID's.
    Only orientations. You could in theory place all blocks of a particular colour under one ID with the different type, Block, slab, wedge, corner, hepta, tetra, pyramid :) all as rotations instead of individual block IDs.

Don't they all have the same physical stats like mass, HP, etc?

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Can we get emissives for shield supply and drain beams please? They look like they should glow, but don't, and they would be awesome for detail :c

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    kupu I know your busy with a texture overhaul and this may be included in that overhaul but I have a small request. I've been advocating for the permission module to be able to be linked via C & V but this isn't possible in the current state of the game. At the very least a new texture might make this block more appealing if it wasn't a giant P just randomly among ship systems. Of course it would still need to be easily identifiable as a permission module and blend in well other ship systems so some kind of computer interface maybe? They are often exposed on the exteriors of ships as well...

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    kupu At the very least a new texture might make this block more appealing if it wasn't a giant P just randomly among ship systems. Of course it would still need to be easily identifiable as a permission module and blend in well other ship systems so some kind of computer interface maybe?
    Yea, understandable. It looked this way for two reasons. The permission blocks have always looked this way, even before my time (which admittedly is not always a good reason). Secondly, it was visually basic to help differentiate it's purpose really clearly. Almost like logic does (which has it's downsides as you noted).

You're right, the new texture pack is the place to remedy this specific part of your request. Let's get some further thoughts on this from others.
    Please post your suggestions for permission textures please!

Shall we keep something simple and easily representative? Or dress it up a little bit as an interface. Something more decorative?

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Yea, understandable. It looked this way for two reasons. The permission blocks have always looked this way, even before my time (which admittedly is not always a good reason). Secondly, it was visually basic to help differentiate it's purpose really clearly. Almost like logic does (which has it's downsides as you noted).

You're right, the new texture pack is the place to remedy this specific part of your request. Let's get some further thoughts on this from others.
    Please post your suggestions for permission textures please!

Shall we keep something simple and easily representative? Or dress it up a little bit as an interface. Something more decorative?
    I'm all for something decorative. Especially if it gets emmisive textures. I'm loving just sticking out edges around slabs with the transporter and turret rail dockers.

A computer could do this, but maybe something the shows a lock with a P would be cool.

A computer would fit this pretty well.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    If it doesn't get the C V then it needs to blend in with rails and such better.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Why not have it look like a weapons computer but the screen-side would look like the current block. This way players could have them blend in much easier!