Kupu's thread

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    The scanner antenna could be orientable, yes. I will add it to the list of little tasks i have for this coming release.
    While you're at it, can jump drives and inhibs be aswell please?

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    For the love of all that is hot and spicy, please don't break the current ice texture.

If you thought the time ice accidentally gained the texture of wood was bad, you can't imagine how nuts this community would go if something else went wrong with it.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    For the love of all that is hot and spicy, please don't break the current ice texture.

If you thought the time ice accidentally gained the texture of wood was bad, you can't imagine how nuts this community would go if something else went wrong with it.
    Haha, don't worry. Ice will remain icy and perfect for those lighting tricks in engines or elsewhere.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive

That sounds like a fun Aprils fools joke.

Reactions: kiddan

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I don't know if this is seen by others, but I have a few textures that seem diagonally twisted. I've tried fresh installs and still see it.
    Usually evident with a diagonal line across one side of the block.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I don't know if this is seen by others, but I have a few textures that seem diagonally twisted. I've tried fresh installs and still see it.
    Screen shots?

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Makes the surface of a structure incorporating the back of hepta look messy though.

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Crappy crystals
    <3 you too kupu

"The Wedgening part 2"
    "The Wedgening VI: The Heptas Strike Back"

I don't know if it is the right thread to talk about it kupu, Could the scanner antenna become an orientable block ? any news on ladder/climbable block ?
    Yes. I would love orient-able scanners. I use them everywhere, and this would make my life SO much easier. :p

A last very important thing, remember : tan colour is love, tan colour is life, tan colour is the matter that make cookie ships
    Ja. Same with brown lights. :p

Reactions: kupu

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Hepta's have always had a line along their back side. It's perfectly normal on them.
    True, they've always had them. But it's not to be considered normal.

This bugs me too, so i've been checking the texture assignments for them and other blocks that needed fixing when rotated. A method of fixing them reliably is being discussed, however we obviously need to clear those release blocking bugs and gameplay inhibiting issues first and foremost. :)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    True, they've always had them. But it's not to be considered normal.

This bugs me too, so i've been checking the texture assignments for them and other blocks that needed fixing when rotated. A method of fixing them reliably is being discussed, however we obviously need to clear those release blocking bugs and gameplay inhibiting issues first and foremost. :)
    This bugs me too
    I see what you did there :P

Just good to know that that bug is known, though. It's been annoying me too and it rarely gets mentioned.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    For the most part, a major refinement. I don't intend to pull the rug from under anybodies feet and confuse everyone with radically new textures. Lots of blocks will follow the same fundamental design, others that need it will be redesigned but hopefully stay recognisable.

It's a good opportunity as i mentioned to kill some bad blocks and have the re-imagined. *cough* undeathinator.
    It also never hurts to look better at no performance cost...
    *default is being removed and we are going back to realistic*

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Ah-hem.

The current textures are quite beautiful so I'm not clear how much "major refinement" needs to happen but I'm sure they'll be good. There are a few old textures still lingering around, like that cannons are no longer called AMC. Oh and if I may suggest a refinement Overdrive and Peirce modules are far to similar in color and I always get them mixed up.

Reactions: Blaza612

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I would love to see the existing computer decorations animated like the one with the graphs. This would bring to life static looking computer stations and anywhere else these blocks are place.