Kupu's thread

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Different door types are being discussed. I've drawn a few up just for fun.

Some of you might be curious how well (or how illegible) the textures will look at lower resolutions. I'm aware not everyone can play with 256 px textures, so efforts were made to try and keep as much fidelity at 64px. However do note, this pack is purposely created as a higher definition pack. The "Pixel" pack will be taking the role of a purpose built 64px pack when it get's it's own overhaul.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The realistic pack at 64x64 always looked okay to me (at least the .15 version) Sure 256x256 looks amazing but I wouldn't call 64x64 bad looking.

I was just saying last night how I wish we had hardened plex doors or "blast doors". I turned bloom on for the first time and I wouldn't mind putting blast screens over my windows but regular plex doors just feel to "paper" to me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Can i have a 1024px pack to enjoy these textures to extreme? kkkkk

Serious, love the hull, the other blocks are really nice, want to see then animated to see how well it goes in game. about size difference, i almost never get to see a big difference on my pc, so i will still be able to play with 128px without problems

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    Oh yeah I remember another thing I wanted to ask...

Will the damage overlays be getting an overhaul? I've never been a fan of the "fire in space" and to me it just makes ships look like they have random orange patches for no reason over actual battle damage. I know having damage being recognizable is important but I would love to see a more scorched based damage overlay.
    The damage overlays can be changed/modded. I messed with it some myself.

I made it less orange, could be messed with more perhaps, the core looks like it's light grey soot, and I might want to make that a little darker if I want to do more with this. starmade-screenshot-smaller1.png

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The damage overlays can be changed/modded. I messed with it some myself.

I made it less orange, could be messed with more perhaps, the core looks like it's light grey soot, and I might want to make that a little darker if I want to do more with this. View attachment 2561
    I did have a custom damage overlay in my texture pack but my texture skills are lack luster compared to kupu, I may try to make a new 256x256 overlay if I need to.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Here is a overlay I found quite awhile ago, have been using it ever since.

Reaction score

Some of you might be curious how well (or how illegible) the textures will look at lower resolutions. I'm aware not everyone can play with 256 px textures, so efforts were made to try and keep as much fidelity at 64px. However do note, this pack is purposely created as a higher definition pack. The "Pixel" pack will be taking the role of a purpose built 64px pack when it get's it's own overhaul.

This is so amazing ! The new textures are so beautiful ... I like them so much . Keep doing such good work !

Reaction score

It look very nice in 256px, but still look nice in 64px too, nice work !

But how does they look like when we are just near the block (just in front of them, with the minimal distance between us and the block)?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    These are amazing textures! I like the way the shield module on the bottom looks like the sun is reflecting off of it. You could add a spinning animating (like the kind the old one has but like 12 frames instead of 3) and it would look really cool.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    These are amazing textures! I like the way the shield module on the bottom looks like the sun is reflecting off of it. You could add a spinning animating (like the kind the old one has but like 12 frames instead of 3) and it would look really cool.
    Thanks, currently we're restricting animations to 4 frames though.

Should have more to show everyone soon.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Thanks, currently we're restricting animations to 4 frames though.

Should have more to show everyone soon.
    Ah. It would be cool to see some animations with more frames sometime, the 4 frames makes the realistic pack not look so realistic...

Reaction score
    Kupu , I don't know how doing an holographic texture . I search on internet , but I don't find something good . Can you help me ?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Kupu , I don't know how doing an holographic texture . I search on internet , but I don't find something good . Can you help me ?
    Sure. I'll PM you.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    No troubles, but i've been creating new textures for upcoming new content. So unfortunately the original time estimate will be missed.
    I'm still hoping for it to be available within this week though.
    Just WOW, as much i would like the new textures for the blocks to come quick, when you say "New content" i am already sold for the wait.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    well, I know others may call me a troll for doing so, but may I please give you some feedback on some improvements? i feel that no one is telling you the important things that need to be said because they don't want to offend, let me at least apathetically say that this is not at all my intent.

the brown and orange hulls are just slightly close enough in color to be completely confused with each other. if it was not your intent to confuse players, I think only a very minor shade difference mite benefit the brown hulls. the orange is perfect with its current color, but the brown is too light to see it when placed directly next to it, I'm only saying this because Ive color coded some things with the two colors, and still get them totally confused. in my own home base this has actually gotten me lost as the hallways are color coded.

also when are you at the least going to get to textureing the shield recharger?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    well, I know others may call me a troll for doing so, but may I please give you some feedback on some improvements? i feel that no one is telling you the important things that need to be said because they don't want to offend, let me at least apathetically say that this is not at all my intent.

the brown and orange hulls are just slightly close enough in color to be completely confused with each other. if it was not your intent to confuse players, I think only a very minor shade difference mite benefit the brown hulls. the orange is perfect with its current color, but the brown is too light to see it when placed directly next to it, I'm only saying this because Ive color coded some things with the two colors, and still get them totally confused. in my own home base this has actually gotten me lost as the hallways are color coded.

also when are you at the least going to get to textureing the shield recharger?
    I'd like to know where you've seen the new hull colours because as far as i am aware, they have not been made public?
    Edit; Derp. You mean the old hulls. Yea, i've changed this. :P

The regen block has been textured (it's visible on page 1 i think), but not put into the game yet. The change in textures will happen all at once in the near future.

As for giving critique? I doubt anyone would care as (surprisingly) most of this thread is filled with former critics of my work. :p

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I think he is talking about the current hull textures colors

Last edited: