Kupu's thread

Reaction score
    I read that, it was just to point out so that it won't happen with the new ones.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I'll make a note of it. Just wanted to make sure anyone reading the thread knew no icon issues have not been addressed yet. :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Speaking of contrast;
    I'm aware that this might not fall into your field of work, but are there plans for a colour-blind mode? I personally have a very hard time, in real life, differentiating red/brown/green and blue/purple in quite a wide margin, although your textures are often different enough in tone for me to work with them.
    Are you aiming to keep an intended contrast, or what other factors make you decide on a certain colour's properties? Same applies to GUI elements, if you know anything about that.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Speaking of contrast;
    I'm aware that this might not fall into your field of work, but are there plans for a colour-blind mode? I personally have a very hard time, in real life, differentiating red/brown/green and blue/purple in quite a wide margin, although your textures are often different enough in tone for me to work with them.
    Are you aiming to keep an intended contrast, or what other factors make you decide on a certain colour's properties? Same applies to GUI elements, if you know anything about that.
    This isn't something we've discussed yet, but i really do think games (when able) should provide a colour blind mode.

Currently my decisions on colours don't factor in colourblindness, but if i had more information on how we can set it up and configure it i'd be happy to work on it. I'll PM you so we can go over it more if you like? I'll do a little research now and see if i can apply anything.

Reaction score
    Love your block textures. I am an artist as well. The visual representation of a game is the game to me.. well.. game play is also a factor. I play offline as my internet leaves much to be desired and as an artist I just build things mostly anyways, but, I really want your new textures.. I don't care for placeholder textures.. I'm usually very patient.. but.. I continually see your amazing textures being used and thus far.. I have not been able to get them. Any help in this would be great.. I want to play again.. but.. I just can't, The placeholder for the shield recharge bugs me.. visually.. my game has to be amazing.. just like your textures. how long before they are implemented into an update?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Is the Pixel pack getting an update/revamp? I love the unique feel it gives the game, I always hated realistic packs for games :/

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    The placeholder for the shield recharge bugs me.. visually.. my game has to be amazing.. just like your textures. how long before they are implemented into an update?
    I assigned the shield regen' texture this morning, it should hopefully be in the next dev build.

Is the Pixel pack getting an update/revamp? I love the unique feel it gives the game, I always hated realistic packs for games :/
    Eventually, yes. I ultimately want to offer two packs as standard in the game. The defaults being what you're seeing in this thread, then have a 'sort-of-but-not-quite-pixel-art' version modelled of the defaults.

It'll happen, but it won't be any time in the immediate future. I'll make sure the pixel pack is up to date with each patch, but it won't receive a revamp until i've completed the current pack / new content.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I find plexglass to be very hard to see in the Pixel pack. Could you please give the blocks more of a noticeable shade or outline so I can know they're there and that there isnt a hole in my bridge's viewscreen that I can't see?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I find plexglass to be very hard to see in the Pixel pack. Could you please give the blocks more of a noticeable shade or outline so I can know they're there and that there isnt a hole in my bridge's viewscreen that I can't see?
    Yea, i'll add a slight shade to it like the other packs.

Reactions: Planr

therimmer96

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Have you done anything more like this? it would be awesome to get these printed and hung on my wall xD

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Have you done anything more like this? *SNIP* it would be awesome to get these printed and hung on my wall xD
    It's item number 11 on the list. :p
    ... though i might bump it up to preserve my sanity. I need to paint things other than blocks...

Last edited:

therimmer96

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If you do make new ones, you could probably sell them, helping towards game dev, getting you a better PC ;)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Are we getting any more decorative computer panels that have a single unique side, or convert some of the ones we have over? The screens look great just not over every face when they are not embedded in a wall. That's why I didn't like the new texture on the "personal computer" as I was using it for general purpose because of it's single sided texture but now that the texture is more along the lines of a PC and less of a generic screen it doesn't fit anymore.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The orientation of the cannon, missile and salvage computers has changed in the new texture pack (v0.15997). I'm now looking at the back of the block in all my ships. If you rotate the block so that the face shows, then it fires backwards. Looking at the texture files, you've swapped the position for the front and back. The other weapon computer block orientations have not changed to match.

The gravity block is also a problem. When you have them placed symmetrically in a ship (2 doors, one on each side of the ship). In one doorway you get the 2 gradient bar face, in the other doorway you get a screen face. Rotating the block so you don't have a screen causes the gravity to no longer be on the floor. All four sides of this block needs to be the same. All screens, or all gradient bars.

Last edited:

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    The orientation of the cannon, missile and salvage computers has changed in the new texture pack (v0.15997).

The gravity block is also a problem. When you have them placed symmetrically in a ship
    Yup. This was pointed out to me yesterday. A fix is in progress.

Will turning mirror blocks on/off in advanced buildmode fix this nuance? If not i'll consider swapping all sides to the gradient.

Are we getting any more decorative computer panels that have a single unique side, or convert some of the ones we have over?
    Currently i had no plans to add another decorative computer block. I'll add it to the pool of ideas when i look at deco blocks again.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Will turning mirror blocks on/off in advanced buildmode fix this nuance? If not i'll consider swapping all sides to the gradient.
    Mirror on the gravity units doesn't seem to change anything. Puts them in the same way whether it's set to on or off.