Kraengis's galactic assets

Kraengis

stuff builder
    Reaction score
    Hi guys!

I've built already a few ships and systems all centered around a common theme/timeline that I'd to show off and expand in the future. I didn't play for a few months but I'm slowly coming back to the game.

I don't plan building around one build technique as I'd like to improve myself before going for a definite style. Most stuff in here will be avaible in the CC except for ships/stations that I plan to use myself on a server once the universe update is out.

--------------

So, what it's all about?

Originally I had a project of making a story, titled "UENSA Archives", but I would have required to build tons and tons of assets varying from ships, stations, planets (or at least parts of them), custom asteroids and more. Unfortunatelly I don't have that much time right now and in the long term I'm not sure if I will be able to sink a lot of time in Starmade.
    But still I want to put here what is already done without spoilling the story if one day I'll finish it (My plan is to have it be done before Starmade get it first post-beta release ;) ).

--------------

Anyways, here we go. To start off a "little" lore of the universe setting :

• late 21th century : with ITER, the first tokamak reactor being finally operationnal in 2050, fusion technology has been understood and developped enought to allow a new space age, driving the limits of human space to new horizons. Firsts colonies/outpost have been setup un the Moon, Mars, Ceres, Europe, Encelade and other celestials bodies as well asteroid mining started to take place.
    • early 22th century : the uncrontrolled human expansion led to some pressures between countries and war was iminent. To avoid this, a new organisation has been created : UENSA (United Earth's Nations Space Agency), similar to the UN that has been disbanded a few years back, it's tasked to regulate and oversee various space activities. It's also the organisation that lead the space exploration and celestials bodies research.
    • late 22th century : creation of the VDSP (Voyager Deep Space Project) by the UENSA. It's objective is to led a research group to a new star outside of the solar system at around 12k light years, where confirmed habitable planet has been confirmed. VDSP is the first endeavor of it's kind, never before humans have been this far and it will put to use the first ever long range FTL drive created by mankind. During the development of the project smallers FTL drives heve been engineered but these where really short range and terribly inneficient.
    • early 23th century : The VDSP made it's official departure in 2214 and is planned to return by 2250. During that time FTL drives were perfected and others expeditions have been launched to the nearest stars, where research colonies have been implanted. Olders colonies like those on Mars and Ceres became full blown cities with their own industry.
    • 2232 : A pivotal point in human history : the "nuke war". Mars, Ceres and Europe's colonies formed a coalition and declareed independence to the Earth, as well as their detachement from the UENSA. Following unsuccefull talks, tension between Earth and space colonies quicklyrose to a level where everything escalated to unseen levels and Earth launched nukes against Mars. In retaliation Mars and Ceres, the two biggest colonies launched their own arsenal that was developped secretly and it ended with Mars and Earth almost anihillating themselves.
    • late 23th century : during 60 years Earth and Mars became dependent from the others colonies in the Solar system, where Ceres is now the biggest one with Europe being close behind. Outer colonies around others stars used the chaos to declare independence and distance themselve off from the Solar system. UENSA have been disbanded and with the pressure of the outer colonies that became nations, all colonies around our Sun allied themselves and created a complete new government : the SF (Solar Federation). Earth has been abandonned since it's atmosphere and biosphere has been ***ked up and became lifeless. Now humanity lives only in the space, with it's original world being a reminder of what can happen if things spin out of control again.
    • 24th century - now : Humanity has expanded to a few dozens of systems. Several huges space companies that were born even before the UENSA became full fledged nations and factions and the SF stand in the center of the humand realm. A new deep space exploration organization has been created by the SF : SFRU (Solar Federation Research Unit) and is at the edge of known space, probing regulary into uncharted territories. It's the time where FTL drives are common, Short range teleporters have been invented and were force fields exists. It's a world quite similar to an old Earth's video game : Starmade.

Voilà! Sorry for that wall of text, I hope it's readable enougth, if there are mistakes plese do tell. My builds will be subdivided in several categories, each with their own aestetics and buildrules according to time where they should exist.

--------------

Long term, once the universe update is out, I'd like to create a faction which will take place in the 24th century of this universe. The storry of "UENSA Archives" is also located in that 24th century.

I'll explain later some thematics elements for each "tech" depending on it's categories and I'll be posting updates on my projects in this thread.

And here are the already completeds assets ! Every ship has bit of lore on their respectives pages.

nothing here yet
    [doublepost=1551049813,1551049490][/doublepost]Btw, here are some pics of a SFRU WIP outpost, I started it before my hiatus on the game, but I hope to finish it soon.
    It will also be the demonstrator for the 4 bit RK system.

Last edited: