Klawxx - Shipyard | W.I.P. News & Screenshots

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    if everything you upload goes above the 50mb free limit then you can just upload the .obj file of the model to sketchfab then manually upload and apply the textures. I've found that only the initial upload has to be within the 50mb limit (unless they've changed things, haven't uploaded anything in a while).

there are also ways to make the model itself take up less data. if you are using 3d modeling software like blender then there are ways to reduce a .obj file size.
    you don't have to save the reduced file as .STL, i think resaving it as a .obj is ok.

Reactions: klawxx

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    if everything you upload goes above the 50mb free limit then you can just upload the .obj file of the model to sketchfab then manually upload and apply the textures. I've found that only the initial upload has to be within the 50mb limit (unless they've changed things, haven't uploaded anything in a while).

there are also ways to make the model itself take up less data. if you are using 3d modeling software like blender then there are ways to reduce a .obj file size.
    you don't have to save the reduced file as .STL, i think resaving it as a .obj is ok.
    Nice, I will try that out later! Thanks for the reply!
    Cheers.

Reactions: Crimson-Artist

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    Hello there!
    Have been a while since I Posted WIP pictures, so here are some of the Protoss carrier I'm going back to...

Next I will be focusing on its escape pods, I believe there are four in each side, divided in two groups on the front and middle of the hangar section, after that I will do the side armor plates. The organic shapes are giving me some headaches, but it seems doable to me. I believe everything is going according to plan, no big issues so far. It's around 360 m long

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Hello there!
    Have been a while since I Posted WIP pictures, so here are some of the Protoss carrier I'm going back to...

Next I will be focusing on its escape pods, I believe there are four in each side, divided in two groups on the front and middle of the hangar section, after that I will do the side armor plates. The organic shapes are giving me some headaches, but it seems doable to me. I believe everything is going according to plan, no big issues so far. It's around 360 m long

CARRIER HAS ARRIVED!

Nice interpretation Executor!

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    Hello!

I had very little time to play with starmade these days, but I was able to do some more work on the Protoss Carrier (Classic). Here are some low-res pics directly from my Linux PC...

Enjoy!

Reaction score
    Looks great, keep on the good work, by the way is the StarMade university project dead, just want to know.

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    Hello there!

Looks great, keep on the good work, by the way is the StarMade university project dead, just want to know.
    Thanks.
    Sadly some things happened that hindered a lot of my starmade time. Mom passed away, she had a mental condition that made her accumulate LOTS of stuff and we had to clear all of that before selling the house, also there's a lot of paperwork involved that took me like 2 months to sort. If that's wasn't enough, my new PC at work have ZERO GPU capabilities... In a way I'm taking a (not planned) break from starmade :(

I do want to keep posting the University thread, but we have another thing to watch out for: the QuickFire config currently in DEV. It could severe alter some aspects of the game and invalidate some planned content.

Reaction score
    Hello there!

Thanks.
    Sadly some things happened that hindered a lot of my starmade time. Mom passed away, she had a mental condition that made her accumulate LOTS of stuff and we had to clear all of that before selling the house, also there's a lot of paperwork involved that took me like 2 months to sort. If that's wasn't enough, my new PC at work have ZERO GPU capabilities... In a way I'm taking a (not planned) break from starmade :(

I do want to keep posting the University thread, but we have another thing to watch out for: the QuickFire config currently in DEV. It could severe alter some aspects of the game and invalidate some planned content.
    Man, I’m so sorry I didn’t know about your mom, I’m really sorry.
    :daveeek:

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    Hello, folks!

Just letting anyone that miss me know that I will be comming back to StarMade in a few weeks. I just Obtained my ITIL Certification and now I'm studying for ISFS and Cyber from EXIN. After I'm done with the exams I will have a lot more spare time.

Cheers!

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Hello, folks!

Just letting anyone that miss me know that I will be comming back to StarMade in a few weeks. I just Obtained my ITIL Certification and now I'm studying for ISFS and Cyber from EXIN. After I'm done with the exams I will have a lot more spare time.

Cheers!
    Here's wishing you a hearty welcome back and congratulations on a new chapter of your career.

I hope your family is staying strong in these rough times.

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    Here's wishing you a hearty welcome back and congratulations on a new chapter of your career.

I hope your family is staying strong in these rough times.
    Thanks, man! :)(y)

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    Hello there!

After a long and unplanned recces I'm somewhat back... Still have only small time windows to work with, but there has been progress =)

ATM I have three projects in the works: The protoss Carrier, The (EVE) Modified Raven (1:1 scale) and to get the blood pumping, I also started something new, to go with my Armageddon Battleship...

It's also 1:2, all dimensions are on the screenshot. It's an Abaddon, for those who do not know him yet.

I Downloaded the STL file from this GIT: Drewzar/eve-stls and then BINVOXed it and imported into SMEdit.
    As other ships imported with this method, I will not "wedge it out" by just randomly placing wedges, Tetras and Heptas, I'm replacing all the lines with StarMade paterns. I really hate the jagged feel and will smooth out the surfaces, the same way I did with the Armageddon, Drake and Etc. Check it Out!
    Cheers,
    - Klawxx

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Hello there!

After a long and unplanned recces I'm somewhat back... Still have only small time windows to work with, but there has been progress =)

ATM I have three projects in the works: The protoss Carrier, The (EVE) Modified Raven (1:1 scale) and to get the blood pumping, I also started something new, to go with my Armageddon Battleship...

It's also 1:2, all dimensions are on the screenshot. It's an Abaddon, for those who do not know him yet.

I Downloaded the STL file from this GIT: Drewzar/eve-stls and then BINVOXed it and imported into SMEdit.
    As other ships imported with this method, I will not "wedge it out" by just randomly placing wedges, Tetras and Heptas, I'm replacing all the lines with StarMade paterns. I really hate the jagged feel and will smooth out the surfaces, the same way I did with the Armageddon, Drake and Etc. Check it Out!
    Cheers,
    - Klawxx
    Hey you think you could import a model I got from someone recently sometime?

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    Hi!

Finally had some spare time to do some more work on this ship. Here is some source material and two screenshots:

The "Proportion lines" are still there since I will use them to move the core to the bridge later on...

Here's a backside view...

Cheers,
    - Klawxx

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic