Klawxx - Shipyard | W.I.P. News & Screenshots

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    Hello there, guys!

I Would like to share something I'm working on as my fist power v2.0 project.

It's not a replica, but I would say it really looks like the original design. I have replaced some curved surfaces with more plane or hexagonal shapes to reduce the "jagged" effect they produce. I could say its more like an adaptation to the StarMade blocky universe.

I choose this ship because the tube that's run underneath its mid section seems the perfect place to hide the reactor-stabilizer conduit.

In my opinion the game is not optimized enough to bring EvE online battleships in full size, and I would be lying if I stated I build from ground up. I used some shell from and really old forum thread where people where sharing starship ports using 3D models. Here: (https://starmadedock.net/threads/smedit-conversion-database.292/). Anyways, since a LOT of the original ship was totally remodeled and reshaped I thought it would be OK to use it.

To be fair, the model where made by the EvE Online very talented artists. Thanks guys! Also, special thanks for the shell port i based it upon by "Skug".

That aside, lets go for the pictures! Please, Remember: it's not a perfect model and its MY personal interpretation of the ship. I will share when i feel it's finished.

+ These first shots where taken on my old MacPro running Linux, so they are of lower resolution and have no shaders or lightning, but are still very cool.

+ These ones where taken on my desktop with a dedicated graphics card, after i started a battle sim with another model I'm working on. Some nice Laz0r action =)

+ Here are some screenshots taken from the game, For comparison. These where found searching the web. (They aren't mine!)

+ Here is a bigger and meaner version of a drone I'm planing to use with this ship. It was made from scratch and tries to emulate the acolyte, although I believe it is probably 2x times larger in scale.

Last edited:

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    UPDATE: Added more screenshots with weapons firing!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    you
    vs my 1:1 sacrilege
    when?

(awesome ship btw, really smooth + awesome colour scheme :) )

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    you
    vs my 1:1 sacrilege
    when?

(awesome ship btw, really smooth + awesome colour scheme :) )
    Thanks for the kind words! As soon as I can , I'm a slow builder tho. (y)

Reactions: aceface

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    Hey guys, just added some screenshots from the game to the original post, for reference and to compare with my interpretation of the ship.

By the way, I'm not a native speaker, so please forgive me if I commit any grammatical mistakes.

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    Just updated the original post to include pics of a drone I designed for this ship!

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    Hey.
    I have done some tweaks to the drone model. The screenshots on the original post have been changed. Check them out!

I also did some hull updates, and finished the internal transit system, since its a long ship (519m long). I will add new screens as soon as I can.

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    W00T! Added a new, Improved, image to the original post. Also, here are some shots from the Engine Room - which includes rotating reactors, blinking computer core and power pistons - with an on/off switch from the hotbar... and a preview from the transit system:

Reactions: Rumcajz and aceface

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    is it (or when do you plan to make it) combat capable?
    Hey.
    Technically I think it is, since all the major systems are in-place, but you need to keep in mind that EvE sized turrets are extremely Ineffective in StarMade mechanics.
    Probably the only viable ship in that matter would be a Torpedo Raven/Golem, since you could embed the weapon blocks in the body of the ship itself...
    Now, since you're so eager to see it in action, I wouldn't mind sharing it, but remember it is still a work in progress - No bridge or good camera angles ATM. You can grab the MK32 from here: WIP - Armageddon MK-32.zip :)
    If you want to dock the drones on the hangar, you could grab them here, just mind that there are still some adaptations to be made on the "fleet side of things": https://starmadedock.net/content/klawxx-amarr-acolyte-drone-big.7671/
    Have fun! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hey.
    Technically I think it is, since all the major systems are in-place, but you need to keep in mind that EvE sized turrets are extremely Ineffective in StarMade mechanics.
    Probably the only viable ship in that matter would be a Torpedo Raven/Golem, since you could embed the weapon blocks in the body of the ship itself...
    Now, since you're so eager to see it in action, I wouldn't mind sharing it, but remember it is still a work in progress - No bridge or good camera angles ATM. You can grab the MK32 from here: WIP - Armageddon MK-32.zip :)
    If you want to dock the drones on the hangar, you could grab them here, just mind that there are still some adaptations to be made on the "fleet side of things": https://starmadedock.net/content/klawxx-amarr-acolyte-drone-big.7671/
    Have fun! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
    Thanks for the upload :D

tip: on my amarr ships I have my turrets be point defence or select fire beams to do damage to small stuff that gets in close - otherwise I just put big laser banks on the main ship. i know its not then 100% replica but i like the compromise in exchange for being something you can use rather than a show piece - and doesnt really look bad if integrated well either.

Reactions: klawxx

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    Any worthy Amarr battleship must have a temple :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Minmatar frigate.
    you filth
    (nice ship btw)

Also did you know it has a new model now?:
    if you want an import of it (or any other eve one for that matter) just ask me, im very experienced at making them

Last edited:
    Reactions: klawxx

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    you filth
    (nice ship btw)

Also did you know it has a new model now?: if you want an import (or any other eve one for that matter) just ask me, im very experienced at making them
    *Meanwhile sits in steel gray corner watching with popcorn*

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    you filth!
    LOL... Now that's the reaction I would expect from a true Amarrian... or Khanid =)
    [doublepost=1539964719,1539964351][/doublepost]
    ...if you want an import of it (or any other eve one for that matter) just ask me, im very experienced at making them
    Thanks, but ATM I'm more inclined to build them from scratch (y);).

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    Hey folks, how are you doing?

Just as a quick update, I was working on a Amarr shuttle to fit on the Legate's (Captain) private hangar (Lower aft of the ship). Sadly it ended up too big, so I will have to come up with something new...:(:mad::(
    Anyway, I decided to share. Here is the link for download with more info, on StarMadeDock:

Enjoy.

Reactions: Rumcajz and aceface

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Hey folks, how are you doing?

Just as a quick update, I was working on a Amarr shuttle to fit on the Legate's (Captain) private hangar (Lower aft of the ship). Sadly it ended up too big, so I will have to come up with something new...:(:mad::(
    Anyway, I decided to share. Here is the link for download with more info, on StarMadeDock:

Enjoy.
    Try finding an Amarr dropship from the defunct Dust 514 game.