Introduction thread!

Reaction score
    T050189 reporting for duty!

I'm a veteran Minecrafter who heard about StarMade from a friend a few months ago. In MC I was Svr-Mod on a Naval WW2 plugin server, and developed skills at building there. Therefore most of my builds may have a slightly WW2/Retro feel in places. The games I play most are Minecraft, WoT, War Thunder, Robocraft and of course, StarMade. My past blueprints have disappeared, and I have since then started anew. The first ship I built after this new start was a light frigate class, the Glaive-class. I have built a heavy fighter since then and am currently working on a much bigger engineering RP cruiser.

Reactions: MossyStone48
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Heh. I'm a gamer by profession and run a computer repair and maintenance business as a hobby. Everything from imagination only drama games, tabletop strategy and RPGs, and on through video games on the PC. A world builder, I spend most of my time writing, drawing, and most recently building world's for my players.

Yes, I've played a ton of MC in many mod flavors as well as vanilla, but its only ever been another game to me. This game caught me unawares, I admined a server for a few weeks before it went down. Then decided I didn't like that and kept it going, later renaming it.

As you can see, though I've been around for a year and half now, I don't post much. I rarely have the time for forums at all, and only make an exception in my schedule for my own server forums. I was going to start testing, but again, work considerations, not to mention being stay at home dad to my two daughters, has kept my time completely occupied. c'est la vie.

Hopefully I can become a little more active here and on steam to catch some new players when the floodgates open.

Reaction score
    Hey all, long time lurker, rare poster. I go by Shadebringer on here and a few other games, but also go by DamnedStar on quite a few too, so I will answer to either one. My net is pure shite so I tend to play on a single player server, though I would love to interact with people. For some reason I like to build big. I am in the process of building a Titan class ship for the competition, though I doubt that it will be done in time at the rate I have been able to work on it. Not sure how long I have played, but started around the beginning of the year I believe so about a year I would guess. Am really enjoying the game so far, for the most part anyway. Still not totally sure how some of the things work, like docked energy ships, or docking in general for that matter as I can usually get only 2 of the 3 dimensions to fit right for my ships.

Reaction score
    Greetings!
    I'm usually on the SyFy servers playing Battlestar but wanted to try something new - My kids play Minecraft but I wanted something different soooooo I'm here! I'm a Military Liason/Published Author/Christian Missionary that is looking for a new community to be a part of, and I heard about this site via a few other forums, articles and such. Look forward to meeting everyone and having some fun.

Reaction score
    Hello Starmates,

I am Ryahn (Ryan),
    I just recently found out about Starmade from a fellow fan from Resonant-Rise who pointed me here. His comment was right about this being better than Space Engineers.

I currently work full time while maintaining a minecraft modpack called Resonant-Rise. I am looking forward to getting more experienced in StarMade and hopefully joining or making my own small community around it. I hope to see you all in game or speak with you throughout the forums.

Thanks,
    Ryahn

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hello Everyone! Im Jay Do! (Pronounced like Jay Dough) Im a brony, I love Halo, Gears of War, Minecraft, Starbound, Star-Made (Of Course!), TF2, the Metroids (Played mostly Prime, Echoes, Corruption, and Fusion), Dota 2 ( of which im not the best) and an amazing game called Perfect Dark (Spent most of my childhood in that game). I play from the United States mostly in Single player or in local servers among friends. I Stalk the news page waiting for new updates or new info. Annnnddd.. Im a young male adult. Anndd I gotta a pretty decent computer lol.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hi! I'm puppier! I've been playing a lot of space-related games recently. I thought I'd try this out!
    Welcome to the Starmade Community! If you need any help just ask I'm sure plenty of people will be more then willing to help.

Reaction score
    Hello, I am Thanarak (even if in the game I like to be called Salvor), my real name is Aurelio and I live in Italy. I'm a seventeen year old student, and I love sci-fi in many forms. Recently discovered steam-punk, very cool. I draw manga, and I'm particulary found of Isaac Asimov's Foundation Trilogy, from witch my in-game name comes from :p (sry for my grammar mistakes)
    uhm... hmmm... I love starmade, and this looks like a great community. I hope it evolves! I'm new to the forum and to the game, so I might ask help once in a while...
    I enjoy building big ships, especially motherships (cannot wait to start building a Deus Deorum class ship XD), but considering how quickly I get distracted, I might just move to something else before I know it... so ya I think that's all!

Reaction score
    Oh helloooooo~
    Ehm...there isn't much to tell about me but yeah xD...
    Why i got this game? easy...i like minecraft and i like space stuff
    and i saw this...and just went like WOAH and got it xD...

about me, ehh i'm 17, study programming at school, play too much games and have no real social skills at all
    hmm...i'm a brony, love minecraft/terraria, metal gear, sonic, ponies(yeah yeah i'm a brony...)
    ehm..that's all i suppose xD...if there are any questions feel free to ask

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Oh helloooooo~
    Ehm...there isn't much to tell about me but yeah xD...
    Why i got this game? easy...i like minecraft and i like space stuff
    and i saw this...and just went like WOAH and got it xD...

about me, ehh i'm 17, study programming at school, play too much games and have no real social skills at all
    hmm...i'm a brony, love minecraft/terraria, metal gear, sonic, ponies(yeah yeah i'm a brony...)
    ehm..that's all i suppose xD...if there are any questions feel free to ask
    I don't think you'll get any hate here about being a brony. No one has said anything about me. Unless the steam user influx brings in some haters but I think we will be fine. Anywho. Welcome to the StarMade Community! Feel free to ask around I'm sure someone will be glad to help.

Reaction score
    Heya, I saw this game on steam and immediately bought it up. I'm quite surprised I hadn't heard of it before. I've played a great deal of minecraft, but eventually became bored. These days, I've been playing RPGs inbetween massive bouts of Dwarf Fortress. My favorite space game is X3.

Just finished my first ship, an ugly vertical...thing...that looks like a magic wand from Super Mario 3. I'll soon have an entire fleet of horribly ugly ships with AI modules to defends me while I make slightly less ugly ships.

Reaction score
    Hi, I'm MrAKN

I played Star-made awhile ago but had other commitments at the time so wasn't able to put much time towards it, I love all the changes that have been made since then and the game play is as strong as it has always been so I was delighted that it came to Steam and I purchased it as soon as I could.

Other games I like include War Thunder, Team Fortress 2 and also a bit of Civ now and then, hope to see you in game or on the forums as I hope to become an active member of both.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Heya, I saw this game on steam and immediately bought it up. I'm quite surprised I hadn't heard of it before. I've played a great deal of minecraft, but eventually became bored. These days, I've been playing RPGs inbetween massive bouts of Dwarf Fortress. My favorite space game is X3.

Just finished my first ship, an ugly vertical...thing...that looks like a magic wand from Super Mario 3. I'll soon have an entire fleet of horribly ugly ships with AI modules to defends me while I make slightly less ugly ships.
    Everyone has to start somewhere. My ships aren't quite the best looking but I'm improving. At first they were ghastly. Anyway Welcome to the StarMade Community. Feel free to ask around.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419052774,1419052605][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi, I'm MrAKN

I played Star-made awhile ago but had other commitments at the time so wasn't able to put much time towards it, I love all the changes that have been made since then and the game play is as strong as it has always been so I was delighted that it came to Steam and I purchased it as soon as I could.

Other games I like include War Thunder, Team Fortress 2 and also a bit of Civ now and then, hope to see you in game or on the forums as I hope to become an active member of both.
    Welcome to the StarMade community. I'm glad to hear that you are back. I too love War Thunder and TF2 btw. I have 900+ hours on TF2 lol.

Reactions: MrAKN
    Reaction score
    Welcome to the StarMade community. I'm glad to hear that you are back. I too love War Thunder and TF2 btw. I have 900+ hours on TF2 lol.
    Nice nice, haven't played TF2 in a little while and working on my russian planes at the minute.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Nice nice, haven't played TF2 in a little while and working on my russian planes at the minute.
    Same here. I haven't played TF2 in a long while. I used to play it a lot when I had my own servers. My server computer died and I haven't set it back up yet. However on Warthunder, when I do play, Im mostly doing Russian ground forces.

JonasWalker

Old Newb
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Hello, I'm Jonas Walker. I've been playing StarMade on and off for some time now and even purchased it back when it was three bucks as I felt the game showed great promise. Usually giving it a try for a bit whenever a major new update to the mechanics came out but always deciding to wait for a bit more polish before diving into a proper SSP/SMP play-through. While SSP has kept my interest SMP still needs more work I feel before being worth finding a server. I did post once or twice on the old forums but I don't recall ever making a proper introduction.

I have a fair bit of Minecraft experience and while I enjoy it the vanilla game always felt empty to me especially after experiencing SMP. After building all those structures I generally wanted to fill them full of stuff that actually worked, and mods such as Industrial Craft and the like helped at least. Which I think is a large part of StarMades attraction as what you make is can actually be functional rather than just ascetically pleasing.

There's been only one proper ship I've actually finished named the TinCan Mk1 and was made close to a year ago. Surprisingly for a 'Newb' first ship it had an actual interior and some basic styling though still amounted to a not so threatening doombrick (I think somewhere around 100 meters in length) in the overall shape of a photon torpedo from StarTrek save with a sheer vertical stern. Having to manually count the rounded bow for each layer was a huge pita as either symmetry wasn't in the game at the time or didn't know how to use it. Either way I didn't really understand how the power system or shield systems worked so most of that interior ended up filled in desperate attempt to stave off the issues I had with power generation and shields that still folded under a stiff breeze but never the less to me it was amazing as it was my doombrick. While the actual blueprint is now long lost I still might rebuild it as the TinCan Mk2 some day with what I've learned since for old times sake. Now perhaps with actual doom flavor. :)

So far most of my play has been in SP using admin commands to spawn material for prototyping and testing purposes to both see what new feature was added and exactly how it works. Its been great fun so far and I've actually been recently working on prototyping system modules for what I hope to be my next proper build. Strangely I've been finding it easier to start with what I plan to stuff into the hull based on the intended mission profile and then wrap everything else around it rather than start with a 'cool' looking hull and stuff it like a death-sausage. I'm curious to see where this build will actually end up.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hello, I'm Jonas Walker. I've been playing StarMade on and off for some time now and even purchased it back when it was three bucks as I felt the game showed great promise. Usually giving it a try for a bit whenever a major new update to the mechanics came out but always deciding to wait for a bit more polish before diving into a proper SSP/SMP play-through. While SSP has kept my interest SMP still needs more work I feel before being worth finding a server. I did post once or twice on the old forums but I don't recall ever making a proper introduction.

I have a fair bit of Minecraft experience and while I enjoy it the vanilla game always felt empty to me especially after experiencing SMP. After building all those structures I generally wanted to fill them full of stuff that actually worked, and mods such as Industrial Craft and the like helped at least. Which I think is a large part of StarMades attraction as what you make is can actually be functional rather than just ascetically pleasing.

There's been only one proper ship I've actually finished named the TinCan Mk1 and was made close to a year ago. Surprisingly for a 'Newb' first ship it had an actual interior and some basic styling though still amounted to a not so threatening doombrick (I think somewhere around 100 meters in length) in the overall shape of a photon torpedo from StarTrek save with a sheer vertical stern. Having to manually count the rounded bow for each layer was a huge pita as either symmetry wasn't in the game at the time or didn't know how to use it. Either way I didn't really understand how the power system or shield systems worked so most of that interior ended up filled in desperate attempt to stave off the issues I had with power generation and shields that still folded under a stiff breeze but never the less to me it was amazing as it was my doombrick. While the actual blueprint is now long lost I still might rebuild it as the TinCan Mk2 some day with what I've learned since for old times sake. Now perhaps with actual doom flavor. :)

So far most of my play has been in SP using admin commands to spawn material for prototyping and testing purposes to both see what new feature was added and exactly how it works. Its been great fun so far and I've actually been recently working on prototyping system modules for what I hope to be my next proper build. Strangely I've been finding it easier to start with what I plan to stuff into the hull based on the intended mission profile and then wrap everything else around it rather than start with a 'cool' looking hull and stuff it like a death-sausage. I'm curious to see where this build will actually end up.
    Well I'm glad to you see make an introduction finally. As a veteran that has played over a decent amount of StarMades lifetime. Do you think its been improving? Whats your favourite addition? Anyway welcome to the StarMade community! If you have any question feel free to ask.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    NoK0mm3nt - Purchased SM back in May, played since April but rarely online. Also purchased Minecraft back when it was in Alpha as well.

Long time modder, mainly writing more code intensive mods and extensions - most notably was some Anti-cheat replacement DLL's and a dedicated server (map rotations. auto-restarts, etc) for an old game called Battlezone II that didn't natively support those features.

I also used be a slightly more hardcore gamer, running with Clans/Guilds, playing in competitive tournaments at 2-3am and even leading a ~60 person clan at one point.

In terms of fun work, I think my ideal job would be working on games/mods and associated infrastructure full time, but until that opportunity arises, my current job will do just fine.

I get online occasionally as time permits and also welcome requests to talk about modding or related topics.

JonasWalker

Old Newb
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Well I'm glad to you see make an introduction finally. As a veteran that has played over a decent amount of StarMades lifetime. Do you think its been improving? Whats your favourite addition? Anyway welcome to the StarMade community! If you have any question feel free to ask.
    Heh thanks but I don't feel like a veteran as there are many here who know far more. As such I have plenty of questions. That aside its improved immensely in about every metric that I can personally think of. Still have a few nitpicks *cough*armor vs shields*cough* but nearly everything seems to already be at least acknowledged by Schema if not already being worked on. Really looking forward to the ship HP and turret/docking revamp that's coming 'soon'. At least missile hits don't seem to be insta-death sphere's of oblivion anymore which is nice. First time I got into a fight with the TinCan Mk1 vs a pirate flying the same it looked like an invisible giant took a bite out of nearly 1/2 of the ship from the stern forward. Also looks like I had the size wrong after digging up some old pictures, was closer to 50 meters in length.

As for favorite feature to date I'd have to say hands down the revamped weapon system though 3d planets and the galaxy map are a close second. I love being able to custom tailor my weapon suits to a much higher degree than before including and would love for the system linking concept to be expanded even further. Slaving a beam array to your Master Sensor for longer scan ranges and Overdrive for faster scans at the cost of a huge increase in energy consumption per tick of activity for example.

Last edited: