Introduction thread!

Reaction score
    Hello there, new in town too.
    This game has so much potential, and I'm happy to finally join in the fun!

Anyways, capn'query, I have been wondering, what does your avatar actually say?

Reactions: MossyStone48

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    "Don't fart in a space suit"

And welcome to Starmade. Newbie or vet, come on in and block... get. It sounded funnier in my head.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I am Groo. . . I mean Zinth. I've been playing StarMade for a good long time and just got back from an extensive break from the game when I saw it was on steam now. Between last time I was playing StarMade and this time everything has changed so its interesting learning the game all over again. My goal for in the game is to make a good YouTube series on it show casing some of the things you can do in the game as well as eventually go from the small starter ships you can build to a huge war ship complete with hangers and smaller fighters. If your interested in my series I created a forum thread in the FanArt/Screenshot section. Here is a link: StarMade: The Next Iteration

I'm not here to advertise my channel but to actually become a active part of this community as I love this game. But since I have some video's made I thought I would post them.

Reaction score
    Just got the game a few days ago, and I'm really starting to like it. Just...don't expect me here often. Expect me to be on the Disturb The Peace Gaming server about once a night.

Reaction score
    Hello! I have a love for space and have played most major spaces games over the years. However, my wife has not. She always tries the new games I play to see if she likes them, but rarely does she stick with it for long. Usually it's the complexity, she likes to get her hands dirty and learn new things, but sometimes she just wants to shut everything out and do her thing for a couple of hours. That's where Minecraft came in, we've been working on the same giant castle for a few years now. We usually spend a day or two a week playing on a buddies server, building everything up... But as I usually do every few months, I looked around for some other space games I haven't tried and found this one! I know that for the most part this is nothing like Minecraft, but it is what came to mind when I saw it. I'm hoping that because of that I'll finally be able to get her into a game I enjoy. :)

I enjoy building things that require some thought and planning, so I'll be learning quite a bit about ways to optimize the various ship modules and how the logic system works. My wife likes big projects, even ones with are very repetitive, so I'll have to find something for her. She'll probably learn some basic logic and ship building stuff so she can design her own ships. I don't know what else we'll do yet since I'm not familiar with all of the possibilities, but I hope to know soon! For now I've just got to get the hang of the game.

Reaction score
    o7

EnginseerWatkins here to check out starmade.

Played quite a bit of minecraft, really thought it shined when you threw the mods into the mix but eventually got tired of playing by myself.

Played a good bit of Space Engineers, I think that game has great potential but definitely still requires a bit of development. Got tired of the politics though.

Huge fan of homeworld, warhammer, world of darkness, storytelling roleplaying games around a table top, mechwarrior, and any game that has a survival aspect mixed in with sandbox elements.

I'm told I have the gift of gab. An odd duck, marching to my own beat but somehow charismatic enough to fit in with most lots. I am hesitant to start playing on starmade servers because I tend to get wrapped up into some leadership position and my last go at that ended extremely anticlimactically with betrayal and enough let down to cause me to find starmade in the first place.

I've played eve online for something like 10 years now. So I've worn many hats in the space video game realms. Industrialist, carebear, PVE mission runner, capital ship construction, research, miner, to CEO of a 50 man corp, into wormhole space where untold billions are made, back to freelance combat recon pilot. From market analysis, to logistics technician, to covert wing commander, to carrier pilot, to carrier and freighter production, to the calculating CEO, to the last man standing. Good times. I'm like a old coot now in eve though, I help newbs and old friends when they call on me but thats about it.

I have a soft spot for storytelling. I'll take a feeling and spin a tale for the short term crowd. Or I can foster the hopes and plans of the group that takes me in to urge us on to great accomplishments, hence the leader role tendencies. Its not because I wanna be in charge or suffer from megalomania, but because when I play my video games to alternate my reality for a little my personality doesnt change. I loathe greifers, liars, spies, and rabid one uppers. While I'd like to think I see them coming miles away, thats often not the case. Hence my constant shift from one game to another, or in eve from one corp to another. Hah, and in real life from one job to another.

I'm 29. I've suffered a few set backs and didn't make it through my 5th year of engineering school. Not for a lack of trying though, hahah. I take odd jobs building computers, writing code, mechanical work, drafting, general laboring, demolition, construction, handyman, etc. If you want it done, and you will pay me to do it, I'll make it happen. I've recently realized that I'm much happier as my own boss and have been striving to start a business in order to facilitate that occurring more frequently. But between working and finding work I find new interesting video games to show my friends so when free time occurs we can check them out together.

I'm about 3 hours into starmade, prolly read like 2 out dated wiki's for all the information they might still have relevant. I get the power gimmick, but am still fiddling around with primary, secondary, and tertiary weapon/utility systems. I'm quite proud of my ugly space debris/asteroid/planet harvesting space brick. And now that I know the pointy stations are most certainly not friendly look forward to blowing one up.

But I'm sure once I know how to build a competent ship I'll be visiting the various densely populated public servers looking for friends.

I read a good portion of these forums, this community seems active and the game has great potential. I look forward to blowing you guys up and conversely getting rekt in my newblike attempts.

Fly Safe

Reaction score
    Hello all im CubeBix9000 and i started playing in early alpha after a long time ive decided to come back and check out how the game has progressed and im in awe it has changed so much for the better the game looks and is more amazing then ever before keep up the good work.

Reaction score
    I suppose I should introduce myself.

I'm King of Calamity, a.k.a. Knight of Disorder a.k.a. PeaceKeeper a.k.a. so many other things I can't keep track of them all. However I use one of those three just about everywhere.

I bought Starmade recently because I've played Minecraft and it was boring being stuck on earth... only so much you can do. I have rather large aspirations and really enjoy building ships. My end goal it to build server crashing super weapons, and it's working (power supply permitting). I do intend to start a fleet once I get a couple of my friends from MC to start playing. That is if they ever come over.

Now a little about me: I'm a chef in training, former computer nerd (been about seven years since I really messed with anything like that.) I've been told I'm a walking encyclopedia of both useless and amazingly insightful knowledge... not sure how that works, and I often come across as a jerk (not intentional, just amazingly passive aggressive.) That being said, nice to meet you.

Not sure what else to say,
    Raid the Pirates, Destroy your enemies,
    KoC

Reaction score
    I guys!

I'm sydney and i'm a fan of sandbox voxel games.
    I hope that starmade is going to be developed into a game that I can enjoy for many years!

Reaction score
    I'm James. Friends call me Jim.
    People online call me 'comatose'. My handles on many other systems and boards is usually 'comatose_dreams' or some variation (some boards don't like special characters, sometimes I change it up a tad bit).

I found this game just by searching for sandbox games. They have captured my attention. My usuals are RPGs, I am an Elder Scrolls buff. A Dragonlance Veteran.
    I am an Admiral of a Robotech fleet (Or Macross fleet headed toward the Glactic Core, whichever side of the fence you are on, I stand on both :p) Zathras is my friend.

I would like to learn as much of this game as possible, build great things (no, that does not necessarily mean size) and join a great RP server if I can find one and feel competent enough.

Reaction score
    Hi, I am Etsija, a 46-year old Finn (yes, I come from the paleolithic age) who's been an admin to a popular Finnish Minecraft server (Pelitcraft) for years. Minecraft has, after Micro$oft acquisition and the nerd wars over the Bukkit code, lost most of its appeal to our community members. A few weeks ago I stumbled to a video about StarMade and decided to give it a try. We rent our server HW, which is very capable of running several game servers at once, so I decided to install StarMade server and let the players try it out.

Boom. All of a sudden our server and TeamSpeak are full of grown-up men (no women yet, but we're luring the ones that still play on our MC server here to SPACE) who are giddy about all the space stuff they can do in this game. Now everyone's busy building Asteroid Eaters and Pirate Obliterators and whatnot. I myself am delving deep into the world of Binary Logics and Production Chains.

This game is amazing. It is what Minecraft should have been. Every time I'm starting to think "now, I don't suppose they did this...it never came to Minecraft after all", I dig around and voilá - it's been implemented in StarMade! Keep up with the amazing work you do, guys.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Welcome to StarMade. And the Cenozoic Era. :3
    Pack as many MC refugees as you can fit in a rescue vessel and ship 'em to a whole 'new world' of worlds. We'll pass out some pressure suits, laser guns, and these snazzy helmets. All we ask in return is reports of any bugs or issues you find in the game. Suggestions are always welcome too. And please share your experiences with the community. Folks love seeing new ships in the Community Content section. A lot of us also like screenshots shared in the chatroom. And the community always benefits from fun videos of ships and build projects.

Good luck, starmates.

Reaction score
    Thanks, WarSong. We are experiencing weird "ships warping around and player's pings shooting from 30 ms to 6000 ms" problems from time to time. I will create a thread about this, if I don't find a similar one around. We would like to help you in any way we can - what must we do so that you can use our server's data for debugging purposes?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    You can help us a lot by checking bugs.star-made.org and get in contact AndyP or Lancake when you've had a chance get the feel for our debug procedures. We're always happy to see new input on older reports we haven't had much new data on.

D

Deleted member 433088

Hi everyone!

I found this game when looking for a new game to play on Steam, browsing through the "Strategy" category. As you can imagine I didn't have this kind of game in mind, and the Steam store page doesn't really do this game justice, but I decided to try it out since there is a completely free download and the opinions were overwhelmingly positive (and the negative ones were just inane).
    I was quickly blown away by the massive scale of the universe and the complex customizability of ship systems, and surprised at how well thought-out the game's core systems seem to be, how smoothly it runs even when I have textures maxed and it's eating 70% of my quad-core setup, and how much potential the game shows.

Having always been a fan of games like The Codex of Alchemical Engineering, Factorio, and the Sim City series, where different systems can be set up to work one after the other automatically and fine-tuned for the best results, this game's method of connecting modules really speaks to me. I guess I can say I found what I was looking for where I least expected to.

I've never been much of a multiplayer person, and had trouble in Minecraft already to bring my mental designs to material fruition, but if I manage to build something pretty and functional I'll make sure to share it in these forums.

Reactions: Bench
    Reaction score
    I am Neogenesis, a Homeworld fan, and I plot Galactic domination on my server while pretending to be a peaceful trader.... Lets see how long that lasts.

Reaction score
    Hey Everyone, Im Jester. I am a founding member and Owner for Sentinel-Gaming. We came across StarMade being open for public servers and were excited to get one up and running. Aside from this, we dabble in a healthy number of other games, but so far, enjoying the direction StarMade is going.

So me personally? I probably play way too many games, but it keeps me out of trouble. I am not the most creative builder with these sandbox style games, I am far too practical and OCD for creativity lol. I have seen some of the builds people are displaying and I am in absolute awe so any pointers would be epic!

Otherwise, between home life, Sentinel-Gaming and school, there isnt much more to tell.

See yall in space!