Introduction thread!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Daa'i riel. Or, as you might say... Hello. I'm Ithirahad, also known in other places as toatanu, Mvp333, Saerius, Shadowed Draconian, and other things I don't care to mention. I am male, and from a planet called Aethis, in the Test Server Galaxy. ( :p ). I enjoy building starships and space stations, exploring, and sometimes blowing the heck out of the occasional pirate, Esonar raiding vessel, or other annoyance. I was the lead engineer behind such ships as the Avar-Kiaan-class Cruiser and Kalen-Miris-class Corvette. Unfortunately I'm a bit of a procrastinator, which is why I didn't write this introduction for so long.:p

Reactions: MossyStone48
    Reaction score
    Hi.

Just came back after being away for a while. Wasn't too active before, mostly lurking and occasionally posting a few pics of a bad thing I did that was masquerading as a ship. Recently felt the urge to build again and found out so much had changed and decided to just lay into it and see what atrocities came from my efforts.

Reaction score
    greetings, im Odranoel, im a composer and an avid gamer and iv been playing minecraft for the last three years and that game totally revolutionized what i thought about video games. but me and my friends always said, "they need to make something like....minecraft in space..." then three days ago i was looking for info on the space engine simulator, and i stumble across starmade!

iv finally found a game that de-thrones minecraft. and well, here i am. i absolutely love this game, advanced building modes and modular block grouping logic is just genius. im no longer just making something so that it sits there and looks pretty. im makeing something that can tear a hole right through a freakin planet, thats just epic. and the game also provides me with great inspiration for making my music, as the sublime setting just gets my subconscious thinking of dramatic or soothing melodies. im still very newbie to this game but i should catch on quick.

ill leave my youtube here in case anyone is interested in hearing some of my music. i havent made anything based on starmade yet but i probably will soon, alot of the uploads are also pretty old so are more rough then newer ones. i make anything from techno to piano and violin.

www.youtube.com/leonardozuccarelli

i look forward to being a citizen of the starmade multiverse.

Last edited:

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Glad to see such an enthusiastic newcomer.

I know that feeling, tho. I felt the same way when I found star-made. Welcome to our happy little corner of the internet, Star-Mate OdraNoel!
    I hope to see you out there.

Reaction score
    Hello, all.
    My name is Galen. I am 29 and live in Spokane, WA, USA. I came across this game whilst surfing the interwebs and couldn't resist giving it a try (super noob!!). To warn you, I am an avid space nerd and a life-long Trekkie. When I was a kid, I was a HUGE lego fan and had over 40,000 blocks at my disposal, I was and still am a member of the Lego club - LOL. I have been an avid fan of Minecraft for quite a long time because it was basically a digital version of Legos. However, even though MC was awesome, I found myself wishing that there was the complexity in within it so as one could build custom vehicles in the game. I really wanted to build a fantasy skyship that I could sail around the world as I built various ports of call, etc.. But, the concept just wasn't there and never materialized.

Then, I came across this game about a week ago, and it has already been a serious life-suck. To date, I have been killed 12 times, and been playing in sandbox mode until I get the hang of Starmade's intricacies. I find that I highly enjoy the mystery in getting my ships, systems, weapons and layouts, just right. Still learning, actually. I hope to be a decent source of ideas as this game develops, and believe in the vast potential that it can offer to myself and others who genuinely relish in the complexity of the experience. I look forward to watching and anticipating the changes and improvements as this game develops. Cheers to you all. Thanks!! ^_^

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Oh my. An introduction thread. How could I've missed this... >.<

Anyways, allow me to start introducing myself-

I am Zeno, your everyday octo-faced builder who uses any means to create pretty stuff. - That sums up about everything.

On to a more detailed and serious description-

I am Zeno, a 24 year old introverted guy who has an unusually complex obsession with sci-fi, tentacles, and anything anime.
    I am not introverted on the internet, because I can shroud myself behind my malicious veil of slimy appendages. (see; Zeno's profile pic)

I know nearly nothing about computers and computer software, or coding/programming.
    However, I do know a lot about designs, and artistic stuff. And I love making stories/lore. I am not too proficient at actually writing it down.
    I build pretty things, according to everyone who has seen my ships. I also draw stuff. As amateur drawer I don't expect any praise for my crap pencil scribbles. I also do minor amounts of 3d modeling, because yay Blender. - And I like free programs. I am both underpaid and an extremely cheap person. I want the best for the least :p

Many people say I am really friendly and nice, once you get to know me. And I have a simple rule about that; You are nice to me, I am nice to you. You are mean to me, I am mean to you.

I am also an Admin on the Tethys Galaxy server. The newest, yet most enthusiastic at that.

Now, allow me to list the things I love and hate;

I love:
    - Anime
    - Building
    - Being creative
    - Music (preferably Metal/Rock/Jpop, but I can survive almost anything you throw at me)
    - People who actually got this far reading my introduction ^^

I hate:
    - People who ruin my good mood
    - Lazy admins
    - Cubeships
    - The fact you have to make a titan to be a popular builder
    - Fallacies
    - Pointless discussions
    - (add anything hate-able with the help of common knowledge)

Also, fun fact; I am no native speaker.

Anyhow, my thanks for letting me shove this wall of text in front of you, and I hope we meet again, in equally friendly circumstances :p

Reaction score
    Salutations!

I am a 26 year old male, and a an associates degree in mechanical drafting. found starmade from the yogscast videos and lets just say I've been a busy bee since. Currently unemployed, an usually spends time anything from small fighters to super weapons when I build. currently, I am a bit of a space station factory. I can find interesting references for my builds from anything. I once built a ship that was inspired from the Challange of the Gobots!

Reaction score
    Hello.

I was told about this game by a fellow member of an obscure space game forum.

As a player of Minecraft, a Hard science fiction fan, and funnily enough one who has watched more than their fair share of FiM*,
    I've read books, and fanfiction about things, but I tend to stay on the pure(er) anglophone side of internet culture so you'll not catch me referencing any animes.

I'll mention the word "bayesian" and leave it at that.

I look forward to building and playing here (but probably after I upgrade to a new computer).

*funny how those demographics seem to overlap.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    We love obscure space games around here. You'd be surprised how many of us know them. Friendship IS Magic, science is awesome and if AI ever found a religion it'll be a pantheon of god-creators including Bayes, Lovelace, Babbage, Turing etc.

Reaction score
    Hi
    I'm space kitten
    A kitten from space.
    Also known as Cat the space cat.
    But you can call me Spacecat.
    I like cake.
    Tuna cake.
    And bad paragraph formatting.
    And making my older brother Mariux do introductions for me.

Reaction score
    ill leave my youtube here in case anyone is interested in hearing some of my music. i havent made anything based on starmade yet but i probably will soon, alot of the uploads are also pretty old so are more rough then newer ones. i make anything from techno to piano and violin.

www.youtube.com/leonardozuccarelli

i look forward to being a citizen of the starmade multiverse.
    I am currently enjoying that music (specifically Through the Event Horizon, haven't listened to the older ones yet), and welcome! :D

I am Zeno, a 24 year old introverted guy who has an unusually complex obsession with sci-fi, tentacles, and anything anime.
    I am not introverted on the internet, because I can shroud myself behind my malicious veil of slimy appendages. (see; Zeno's profile pic)

However, I do know a lot about designs, and artistic stuff. And I love making stories/lore. I am not too proficient at actually writing it down.
    I build pretty things, according to everyone who has seen my ships. I also draw stuff. As amateur drawer I don't expect any praise for my crap pencil scribbles. I also do minor amounts of 3d modeling, because yay Blender. - And I like free programs. I am both underpaid and an extremely cheap person. I want the best for the least :p

Many people say I am really friendly and nice, once you get to know me. And I have a simple rule about that; You are nice to me, I am nice to you. You are mean to me, I am mean to you.
    Oooh a weirdo art dude. :D ... oh wait, I'm a lazy admin sooo we might not get along that well. Either way hello!

Reaction score
    Thank you guard13007. im glad your enjoying the songs :) i feel a bit silly now not realizing you where from the forums. (lol i tried to recruit him to starmade on youtube :p )

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Hi
    I'm space kitten
    A kitten from space.
    Also known as Cat the space cat.
    But you can call me Spacecat.
    I like cake.
    Tuna cake.
    And bad paragraph formatting.
    And making my older brother Mariux do introductions for me.
    I like you, you like cake

Reactions: Crusade
    Reaction score
    Hi all,
    I'm Ryan, AKA Rhyunix, a "adolescent" (you know the drill) starmade player who really likes science fiction and video games and rarely leaves the household. Make some unloved and off-topic youtube videos, make art and some other stuff. I also tend to lurk a lot and criticize- that's mostly me in 3 lines, yuss! Damn!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Ohiyo, I am Delphinus. In any game I'm in, I prefer to play the support role or ply wares as a merchant/trader.

I prefer ships that blend into my surroundings, heavily shielded or fast on the warp. Gathering resources, running shops, delivering goods; these are my favorite things to do. I'm also an avid writer and sometimes artist, so I try to build ships that are pretty and functional.

Reaction score
    Howdy, I'm purpledot! I love space games, especially ones with more sandbox elements. I found the game through a friend sometime last december, but I forgot I had an account (heh) and only found it again a few days ago. I played it a bit and it sparked an interest in me. I like fighting and building, but I often don't have the patience for big ships so most of my creations are rather small. So yeah, I guess space battles are my thing. I've mostly played on singleplayer so far, but look forward to getting on a server and playing with other people.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Huh I'm surprised I haven't done one of these here.

Hello, I'm Crusade, Most of the older players know me, as will IRC/Chat lurkers.I make music and break/create things!

Reactions: Top 4ce