• Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I hate:
    - Lazy admins
    - Cubeships
    - The fact you have to make a titan to be a popular builder
    - Fallacies
    ...Then you are quite like me. I basically refuse to build a titan (With my building style, it would take months I don't have to waste, and if I built a more "standard" boxy titan I'd never use it...), I hate cube ships more than nearly everything else (Unless they're literal, detailed Borg cubes. Those are cool), I hate logical fallacies (though on occasion I purposely commit them to annoy people like myself), and I really hate lazy administrators... Thankfully I haven't had to deal with more than 1 or 2 of them in my life so far. :p

...Your apparent obsession with tentacles makes me squirm a bit, though. (See what I did there?)

3cho here reporting for duty :D

Love space game.
    Loved Mass Effect
    Loved Starship Trooper
    Loved Startrek
    Loved Battlestar Galactica
    The soul of a master role player.:p

never played on a server.:(

Capt. -Full speed ahead.
    Lt. - aye aye captain :D
    Wait, how can you be/have the "soul of a master roleplayer" and not have checked out any of Starmade's RP servers? I've never gone on them myself (Though I like RP, I'm also kind of bad at it, so I just try to build ships with interiors that look pretty, not break any continuity rules, and generally run things in an RPish way on non-RP servers) but from what I've heard they're pretty good.

...Subcommander Arad'saiar, set a course for the Aijir system, best speed.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Unnamed25 and Wade
    Reaction score
    Hello friends. I am Zodapop, or as you may know me, Papa Zod, Ze Glorious Monarch, He With a Thousand Names, or one of nine hundred ninety six other titles.

I seek EVERYTHING. All the knowledge, all the power. All the houses, all the goats. All the jelly, all the jam. All the slavers, all the slaves. All the colors, all the sunglasses. Etc. etc.

Reaction score
    I'm Mikisew01 and I run The Shackles faction on a number of servers. I am a sailor in the Royal Canadian Navy; play Minecraft, World of Tanks, and lots of other games. Realy enjoying the community and the game here (less the flame bots and generally grouchy members). Hoping to contribute as much as I can to the development of this game by being a good little Alpha tester.

Reaction score
    So I am introducing myself

Hello all

The bullet points:
    • I am a veteran gamer (a.k.a. Grumpy Old Man)
    • Beta tested many systems from MMOs to FPSs
    • Enjoyed Minecraft but felt the experience lacking
    • More PvE than PvP
    • I am a Form and Functional builder - that means I like well designed ships (not cubes) that perform well.
    • Looking forward to contributing to my server and this community

ING – Runeseer

I have a few mates that may be looking for an active server to join. If you have an suggestions, please feel free to message me.

We all love Sci-fi and have sent a few tours of duty playing EvE. I found SM when looking for something a little more engaging that minecraft yet not as time consuming as EvE. Starmade fits the bill.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hi, I am gamesaucer. You can also call me Kay if that's what you prefer.

I play StarMade creatively. I want to build good things, nice-looking things, things in general and even things that can't really be considered things.

I play a lot of games. I play most creatively, like I do StarMade. I've been part of the VoxelBox; that doesn't mean I've mastered Minecraft building, it means I'm on the right track. I also play Terraria. As may not be hard to conclude, I like Sandbox games.

I also enjoy various creative pursuits in real life. I like writing, programming/game design, creating visual art, etc.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    I suppose I should introduce myself...

Hello fellow starmadians! I am Jamster0000 but you can call me Jake if you prefer.

Personal information
    -Big fan of Star Trek, Doctor Who, Star Wars.
    -I have also played many games before this, including Star Trek Online, Minecraft, and Planetside 2.
    -I have dabbled in writing my own sci-fi novel series but it never really got past the thinking stage...
    -I am beginning to create and distribute my own ships.

So that's me, laid out in text for you guys.

Reaction score
    I told @DukeofRealms I would do this, soooo.

Hi, I'm Jade. I also go by gnosticJade in some other places, for what that's worth.

I'm sure someone will recognize me or my avatar (signature as well.) from Bukkit. Yes, I am the Jade that was a moderator there.
    I've spent the past 3 years of my life working with Bukkit/Craftbukkit and even hMod, which started me into getting certified in networking and taking AP Computer Sciences, and I'm currently A+ Computer Repair certified. Basically, computers and technology in general are my life. I can/will answer most questions hardware related and will probably be found around in the Troubleshooting sections, if nowhere else.
    My hobbies include biking and running, though I'm pretty lazy outside of that.

Could probably make this longer if I wanted to but I'm lazy and it's 3:20am.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hello I'm mtech47

I first found this game about a year ago but was too busy at the time and have been absent for the last 8 months.

In terms of other games my favorite series is mass effect but I also like sins of a solar empire, mine craft and command and conquer. In sandbox games I much prefer PvE

I'm a second year college student for mechanical engineering, avid outdoorsman and mortality opposed to any animal smaller than a shoebox

Anyways I'm essentially new to the game and looking for a server/faction so I can learn about more than SP so pm me if you're willing to welcome a new member

Reaction score
    I am Commodore Decker. I took my name from the commander of the Constellation in the Star Trek episode "The Doomsday Machine". I hope to build a ship like the one that destroyed my ship in the "The Doomsday Machine". I started playing starmade, because it's an awesome space sim. I like all Sci-Fi.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I'm Jace!
    I've been a proud owner of StarMade for a little over a year now. I don't post too often here, but I'm active on the starmade Reddit page and on my channel; on YouTube.

Reaction score
    Hello, I'm Merddyn. I stumbled across this game last Sunday, when I googled "Star Trek Miranda class game", because I wanted to play a game where I could use my favorite ship class (which despite how common it is in the series, is few and far between in terms of playability in games), and google, after a few pages, came up with a result with the one made by Green GaeasSon. And it talked about turrets and the like and a module system he added to it and I was like, "Oh hey that's kinda cool", and decided to try it out. And so here we are, with me getting hopelessly obsessed with this game. (I'm absolutely loving the ability to save and buy/load ships, by the way, that's my biggest problem with Minecraft, is that all that work kinda gets wasted if the server dies or new things are added to a world with a new version, and you have to remake the map to implement it).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hello all. I'm DaveC9000.

The first video game I ever played was a Space Invaders-like game that I watched my mother write line-by-line on our Commodore Vic-20 (google it). Later on I helped Leisure Suit Larry look for Passionate Patty (might have to Google that one too) and when I hear about the Prince of Persia PC game I think of the old EGA graphics version (Google might not even remember that one)...and if you're still with me then welcome to the Older-than-everyone-else-here club. I've played a ton of video games over the years. I ended up on the Starmade website one day when I was checking out Sandbox games on youtube (because there's some footage of someone doing anything you can think of on there somewhere). It was a little difficult to get my feet off the ground (metaphorically speaking) because of the lack of in-game guidance (to be expected in an alpha game), but once I figured out a bit of what I was doing I started to see this games potential. I spent all day yesterday turning an asteroid into a space hotel. There's tons of stuff that I'm still trying to figure out, but personally I think that complexity is part of this games appeal.

Kojinus

Feline Overlord
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey everyone! My name is Matt, I'm new around here but I'm looking forward to spending a ton of time here. I was introduced to Starmade a while back but I didn't really get into it at the time (it was fairly feature lacking). Recently picked it up again and I'm having a blast figuring everything out. :)

I'm 22 years old and currently majoring in video game programming at a local college and having an absolute blast with it. I'm currently taking a break from school though to focus on a few other personal endeavors which also means I now have more free time than I've been used to in years. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully play the game with you guys!

Reactions: Zeno9141
    Reaction score
    Good Evening folks,

I stumbled upon Star Made after our group decided to find better games than minecraft. Well it wasn't long until I found this game. I tried it a while back and immediately fell in love with the game. There was so much potential and I was extremely excited. For us to adopt this as our go-to-game we noticed a few things that were lacking and hoped it would be worked on. Wouldn't you know it, that just about everything we first thought would make the game great has been implemented and the possibilities for improvement know no limit from where I'm standing.

I'm in the process of configuring and testing a server. I'm looking forward to diving even deeper into the game and rekindle that love for game hosting that has long since been lost. I can't wait to meet some new people and have a great time. Hope I'll get to play with you all!

Have a great day!

Reactions: MossyStone48
    Reaction score
    Hi everyone. After playing the alpha for a pretty long time, I figured you guys deserved the money and went ahead and bought it. I think you have a good game here. I am a casual gamer, and I am just interested in playing a single player game, so I hope you will flesh out the world and give us interesting things to do.

The tutorial is good, it got me hooked on the game, but I did not discover the 'advanced' tutorials until a couple days later. I strongly suggest, at the end of the basic tutorial, providing a link to the advanced tutorials, with a message like, 'Even if you don't feel like reading them right now, why not take a quick look at the chapter headings for later, when you have questions.' I don't think you can go the Minecraft route anymore and expect people to go to a wiki.

Also, grrr, the descriptions of the blocks don't scroll. Long descriptions are cut off and no way to read them. Once again, I'm a new, casual player, I'm interested in your game. Don't do this to me! :)

And I sometimes cast starmade on my hitbox channel, www.hitbox.tv/eddyvegasgames if anyone is interested.

-Eddy

Reactions: MossyStone48