Importing your favorite ship hulls per request (1 a month)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I follow Quantum on YouTube, and thought I might want to play along. I hope you don't mind if I borrow a copy of this amazing ship :P
    These shells are posted openly to be used by anyone who wishes. I've had many people who would message me privately requesting hulls so that they would be the only ones to have access. But that is not why i did this. I did it so that pro's and noob's alike could have access and fly in there favorite sci-fi ships in which would ultimately enrich the SM dock and universe with highly accurate base ships that are relatively easy to work with which would save time for those who don't have a lot.. Or for those who simply cannot manually build the ship they desired. But also because i knew many people were having issues importing these ships.. let alone getting them symmetrical with proper core placement.

Reactions: 0ldSkull
    Reaction score
    Hey, I'm just getting back into Starmade and as usual I jump straight into the deep end, but because I have very little time to actually build, I think to get the ship that I'm wanting to make, it would be much quicker to make a 3D model of it and have it imported.
    I'm just not entirely certain as to how this process works or the limitations thereof.

I'm wanting to build the 3D model myself rather than take the work someone else has already done so that I can add my own personal touches to the vessel.

I'm wanting to build a 1:2 scale Omega class Destroyer from Babylon 5, which means it would need to be ~850 blocks long by ~182 blocks high by ~91 blocks wide, because the full sized 1700*360*180 is far too big even by my standards.

Also I'm assuming that if I wanted separate parts (IE the center rotating section as a separate docked entity) I would need to provide two .obj files? I know the request is for only one/month, but would one ship in two parts be accepted?

Would I just post the exported .obj file in a comment on this thread?
    And how would I go about getting the resulting file into Starmade?

Looking forward to demolishing some pirates in an Omega class Destroyer.
    ~umm36

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hey, I'm just getting back into Starmade and as usual I jump straight into the deep end, but because I have very little time to actually build, I think to get the ship that I'm wanting to make, it would be much quicker to make a 3D model of it and have it imported.
    I'm just not entirely certain as to how this process works or the limitations thereof.

I'm wanting to build the 3D model myself rather than take the work someone else has already done so that I can add my own personal touches to the vessel.

I'm wanting to build a 1:2 scale Omega class Destroyer from Babylon 5, which means it would need to be ~850 blocks long by ~182 blocks high by ~91 blocks wide, because the full sized 1700*360*180 is far too big even by my standards.

Also I'm assuming that if I wanted separate parts (IE the center rotating section as a separate docked entity) I would need to provide two .obj files? I know the request is for only one/month, but would one ship in two parts be accepted?

Would I just post the exported .obj file in a comment on this thread?
    And how would I go about getting the resulting file into Starmade?

Looking forward to demolishing some pirates in an Omega class Destroyer.
    ~umm36
    I'm okay with importing two parts since they are simply two parts of a single ship. You can post the .obj files here from a dropbox download link or whatever your preferred file hosting service may be. After conversion, i will in return post it here from a similar file hosting service link in the .sment format so that you would simply have to place it in your starmade/blueprints file.

Reaction score
    Hey Omega, I have a request an de I'm wondering to see I feel you can make the ship. Now you don't have to do the color if you don't want to I can perfectly do that myself, but I was wondering to see if you could make the Domelaze from Space Battleship Yamato. It's a personal favorite of mine but it is just to complicated for me to build.

Name: Domelaze
    Length: 730 meters
    Width: 490 meters
    Hight: 330 meters
    Colors: Grey and White

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hey Omega, I have a request an de I'm wondering to see I feel you can make the ship. Now you don't have to do the color if you don't want to I can perfectly do that myself, but I was wondering to see if you could make the Domelaze from Space Battleship Yamato. It's a personal favorite of mine but it is just to complicated for me to build.

Name: Domelaze
    Length: 730 meters
    Width: 490 meters
    Hight: 330 meters
    Colors: Grey and White
    Well.. I spent about an hour searching for a 3D model of this ship.. Unfortunately there just are not any.. In fact, there are very few good models from this series at all aside form the Yamato and a few carriers and fighters.. Its really a shame as it looks like it would be an awesome ship to import. But if you can ever find any model of it and post it here. I will gladly get it in for you.

Reaction score
    Oh thanks anyway. Tell me, could you do the one of the carriers then? I'm guessing that there is a triple decked carrier so could you do that? And could I see a picture of it

Reaction score
    Hi Omega ;) Could you do a .sment file of paragon ship from fractured space? I think the lenght of it is 1793m ;) Don't know how width or high it is... Blocktype is adv. darkgrey hull ;)

Reaction score
    Hey Omega, since you can't do the Domelaze, could you do a carrier? I'm only guessing that there is a 3-decked carrier so if there's is could you show me so I can get you the specifications?

Reaction score
    After seeing your Arbiter class from STO, I was hoping you could do the Fleet Battlecruiser (Avenger) with dropped warp nacelles. I'm a huge fan of the ship and I think the stocky core could provide room for fighter drones in starmade. Also, if its not too much to ask, is it possible to have a center line to use in advanced build mode? (Avenger is 181 so technically it should have a center block) I'm a bit OCD with having my center symmetry line and I'm not exactly a master builder so I like to get it all even based on that center build line. Your work is amazing for the community, thanks in advance!

Some dimensions: Avenger class (25th century)

And if you're not a fan of this one, I'd gladly take an Armitage! Armitage class

Attachments

Reaction score
    After seeing your Arbiter class from STO, I was hoping you could do the Fleet Battlecruiser (Avenger) with dropped warp nacelles. I'm a huge fan of the ship and I think the stocky core could provide room for fighter drones in starmade. Also, if its not too much to ask, is it possible to have a center line to use in advanced build mode? (Avenger is 181 so technically it should have a center block) I'm a bit OCD with having my center symmetry line and I'm not exactly a master builder so I like to get it all even based on that center build line. Your work is amazing for the community, thanks in advance!

Some dimensions: Avenger class (25th century)

And if you're not a fan of this one, I'd gladly take an Armitage! Armitage class
    There is an option for choosing between even (No center block, the plane goes between two blocks) and odd (There is a center block, the plane cuts through the middle of a block) symmetry in the advanced build mode panel of options (It's on the right side of your screen when holding the adv. build mode button)

Reaction score
    There is an option for choosing between even (No center block, the plane goes between two blocks) and odd (There is a center block, the plane cuts through the middle of a block) symmetry in the advanced build mode panel of options (It's on the right side of your screen when holding the adv. build mode button)
    Thank you. I've actually never used that feature. I've always just used the center plane. As I said, I'm no master builder, still learning. Thanks!
    [doublepost=1487529975,1487526825][/doublepost]Out of curiosity, does anyone here have any hulls of UNSC ships. Destroyers, Cruisers, Frigates. Been looking around for some hulls to work off of other than the frigates that Skylord Luke has already done. Strident Frigate anyone?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hey omega. Found this thread not that long ago. I've been trying to find a way to get the Nebula-class Star Destroyer In the game for a bit now. I can't find an easy to get 3D model at the moment. Do you think you could help me out getting this thing imported?

You seem to be a wizard at getting models for some of these ships. Thank you very much.

The dimensions of the ship are listed on the wookipedia.

It's length is listed as "1,040 meters"

So a 1:1 should be fine on the game. Hopefully you can figure this out. I'll still keep a look out on the web for a way to get a model.
    I'm sure there is a mod that adds this to a game somewhere.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Hey uh, Omega ive seen a few people ask for models from Conquest frontier wars. I have the game, and i have a few programs that can open the files that contain everything, im pretty sure i can dig out the model files for you, if you would be interested in importing them over.

Reaction score
    Hi again, in my game development course we're learning how to create models in a voxel program called MagicaVoxel... do you know if it would be at all possible to convert a direct voxel model to starmade...? If so how and to what limitations?

Thanks again.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It would be fantastic if you would do my favorite ship in all of sci-fi. I tried to import it myself but it keeps having missing bands through the hull. Anyway.. It's the TCS Concordia from Wing Commander 2

Sadly, the textures are missing. Let me know how to get you the file.

Reactions: DrTarDIS

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    It would be fantastic if you would do my favorite ship in all of sci-fi. I tried to import it myself but it keeps having missing bands through the hull. Anyway.. It's the TCS Concordia from Wing Commander 2

Sadly, the textures are missing. Let me know how to get you the file.
    That model is in the WC archive I linked above. ANConcor.3ds If OP acquiesces to your request.

Edit: Christmas 2010 Model Re-release (image heavy)
    FreeSpaceMods.net
    a good couple of model sources for wing commander, and/or freespace.

Last edited:
    Reactions: DocHellfish
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey uh, Omega ive seen a few people ask for models from Conquest frontier wars. I have the game, and i have a few programs that can open the files that contain everything, im pretty sure i can dig out the model files for you, if you would be interested in importing them over.

wait you can pull the models out? can they be turned into .OBJ??

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    wait you can pull the models out? can they be turned into .OBJ??
    Pretty sure i can, and im pretty sure they can be, i havent tried lately, but once upon a time if i remember correctly i had them pulled out, and editable.