General Game Issues [Not Bugs]

Reaction score
    In order to keep hundreds of separate topics from popping up, any issues you have with the game, such as:

• The Launcher Not Working
    • Server Joining Problem
    • Graphics Issues
    • And general starting/mid game errors.

You should post it in this topic.

Please provide the Issue you are having, the error, and system specifications.

Again, this will prevent too many forum topics from being created.

Note: Do not post actual in game bugs here, that is for separate topics.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Blocks are going invisible simliar to missing chunks in minecraft exept is consistently happeneing everywhere and and when I used blocks remove them and sometimes when moving it changes which blocks are invisible or visible...I\'ve tryed reinstalling my graphics driver, I have intel, and I\'ve also tried changing view distance and such in options but none of it is helping. Any Ideas?...Well I wanted to give a screen shot but apparently the screenshot button also crashes the game and print screen and copying into paint doesn\'t work...sigh.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The old invisibug.... logging in and out normally fixes it temporarily. Schema is yet to find the root cause of it. :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I click the startup, but it doesn\'t launch. I have nbo idea on how to fix it, I\'ve tried deleting and re-dowloading it, but nothing I tried works.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I downloaded it fine but when I try to run it nothing happens? is there a fix for this?

I have tryed redowloading, restarting ect but I can\'t get it to work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a laptop (windows) And my wireless mouse turns the fps from 50 to about 5-15 when ever i move it. The built in mouse doesnt lag it at all. I have most of the Graphic settings down but it does no help.

eeg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When I load the game, the launcher goes through the motions fine and the game itself starts up fine, but I can\'t actually get to the part where one does any playing because the moment I hit the \"spawn\" button it immediately crashes, taking my system with it, and I need to reboot.

System info:

Running Linux, ArchBang. (I.e. a more or less generic Linux far as the game should be concerned)

2GB RAM, 3.5Ghz CPU w/ 1MB cache

This is the output from lspci -v for my graphics card, which someone said may be related to this problem (I don\'t know why that would be as it seems to display fine, that is until I hit spawn and everything crashes and burns. But posted here for completeness\'s sake I guess.):

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RV370 [Radeon X300] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 032a
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 42
    Memory at d8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
    I/O ports at c000
    Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
    Expansion ROM at fe9e0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [58] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
    Kernel driver in use: radeon
    Kernel modules: radeon

01:00.1 Display controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RV370 [Radeon X300 SE]
    Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 032b
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Memory at fe9d0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [58] Express Endpoint, MSI 00

Not sure where I could get any logs from, or if it even manages to generate any relevant crash logs before it takes the entire system down into oblivion.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I tried to play this on OSX and it worked the first time, but the second time I tried to play it said that my GPU doesn\'t suupport OpenGL 2.1. What do I do?

Reaction score
    I\'ve been having a bit of a problem with the \'Bloom\' feature.

While it makes everything glow and look even cooler, it has some problems with semi-transparent objects such as glass, plants and tree leaves.

With glass, you can see the bloom effect for objects behind blocks viewed through glass, and with plants and leaves even sun-rays come through them when viewed from a specific angle and position.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It seems when you fire d1000\'s or any of the homing missiles, you can\'t really see them through glass. Now without glass, they\'re fine, but still, they seem to still be there, just not visible to anyone behind any sort of glass. However, the regular Antimatter cannon shots are able to be seen.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I started playing last update, and on one of my computers (I\'ve tried it on two others and can\'t recreate the problem) my salvage beams are completely invisible. I don\'t know what\'s causing them not to render. Any help?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    On a new Mac Mini I have, with HD 3000 graphics, whenever I approach one of the generated pirate stations, the game becomes very laggy and the mouse seems to be a very low sensitivity, but that is just lag based. Since my Mac is probably standard or above graphics for most people, and the Apple drivers are OpenGL 3.2, there should be no issues here. The graphics need some serious optimization. The velocity lines seem to show up very randomly also. I would prefer if they were constant rather than appearing after a set time, which they appear to do although this might be a bug.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    whenever i try to spawn into the game the game just randomly shuts down not sure how to fix HELP

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The game starts to load everything up, goes to 100%, closes and then nothing else comes up. I\'ve updated everything, checked if my card/chip works with the OpenGl required for this game (it supports up to 3.1) and still nothing happens. I\'ve been told that there\'s nothing else I can do.

Please fix this problem in future updates, since not only am I having this problem but so are many orhers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i just got the game right and i start it up and when i get to the spawn menu the cursor doesnt highlight the spawn button so i have to move it up to the top of the window so it highlights the button so i can click it. i cant even play because of this! plz someone help me plz!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am aware of the bug where salvages beams are invisible when seen through plexiglass, but how about salvage beams just being invisible in general? I cannot see them no matter what I do. They function completely as intended, I just can\'t see them. It makes harvesting space stations slightly more challenging than it needs to be.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello everyone,

I\'ve a problem with the launcher. Let me explain. I want to play on this game but when I launch StarMade, it\'s does\'nt work. The game shut down when the loading is 100% and that\'s all. The blue screen vanish and I can\'t play.

I\'ve not a Intel graphics card but I\'ve a Nvidia 520M. My graphics card is update and Java too. I don\'t know if my graphics card is too weak for this game and I can\'t change that (I\'m on laptop.)

It\'s said, somewhere on the forum \"Turn the Boom setting \"ON\" \" but I can\'t find this setting. Where is it ? Why can\'t I play this game ?

And sorry, I\'m not english or american, I\'m belgian and my english is very weak.

Greetings,

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Items description in the shop are not fully shown, there is no scroll bar if the text goes beyond the alloted space.

This is an issue as some information about the object (such as placement, object stats, or how to use the object) are cut off. There seems to be no other way to see this information which appears to be nessicary to understanding the mechanics of using the object.

Example: this shield disbursement block says \"the following advantages/disadvantages can be found when placing more than one SD Shield Disperser:\". Nothing else is shown after this statement.