Fixes (0.134)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

Thank you for testing! I really hope we can finally finish this release up till the end of the week.

- "skin file does not exist" should no longer spam log on multiplayer (skin files that cannot be sent will stop trying after the 5th time)
    - inventory slot merge bug should be fixed (synchronization issue)
    - fixed NPC-Command menu not working when exiting ship in build mode
    - fixed personal enemies of faction not working
    - personal shop buy/sell permission are now working
    - fixed bug with collection not updating on block removal (e.g. weapons keep working even if all the weapon blocks got removed or shot off)
    - faction members can now salvage faction home in astronaut mode
    - fixed possible deadlock (server freeze) when writing universe data
    - fixed bug where both inventory stacks of the same type would vanish when trying to merge and the sum of both exceeds the maximum stack size

Please be especially careful with this pre-build if you plan to use it on a server, and even in single player please make sure you backup your database before you use this build. Also please don't use this build to work on big projects, as i can't guarantee the data generated by the pre-build to be 100% error free, because a database migration has to be done from the old version.

You can download the build here: http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20140311_132525.zip

(to use that please extract that file into a folder named "StarMade" and put a launcher in the directory below: e.g. if you extract it to c:\users\schema\games\StarMade, the launcher has to be in c:\users\schema\games for it to see the installation)

(The username and password is "dev". The link will be working around 15 minutes after this news post)

This version will be installed on play.star-made.org:4242 to test.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Great Work Schema

I nerver see someone work so hard in a game as yu been, thanks.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Please fix the RSS feed at star-made.org/rss.xml. It hasnt been updated in a very long time

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    All photos and thinks ,what you need to know is there https://star-made.org/content/hud-bug-re-send

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Does anyone know if StarMade utelizes multiple cpu cores, and if so how many???

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Every time I press the Windows button the game crashs.
    The Error log says that this is a problem with the Intel graphiccards.

Pls fix this

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    In case you are using the pre-version of the game:
    start with a clean folder,
    start the game and go to the desired point it will crash (menu/ingame/anything)
    then press your windows key,
    in case it crashed without you changing any setting, get the whole directory
    ...\\StarMade\\logs put in in a zip file, upload it somewhere and send that url to me.
    Will check the log for errormessages, If there are any, ill forward it to the correct position. =)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Love your work man. I envy you. cant wait to get more into this amazing game.
    Also, one question, will sevrers universes be resetting still?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    My thrusters feel way overpowered. - Did they get a balance change from last stable build? - Can someone link me to that?

Reaction score
    ive noticed that the turrets on my ships tend to jolt rapidly forwards and backwards as if they are not being updated very fast , anyone else notice this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    make a search bar for the forums on the site. it is so annoying if you want to show something to your friends but you can\'t find it

Reaction score
    - faction members can now salvage faction home in astronaut mode

Why?

If someone wants to salvage their home base, they\'ll just un-check the faction home marker. If this function gets into the final release, we could accidentally damage our stations, or new recruits could salvage up the base and run off with the materials.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    With this build I\'m noticing a new yellow tint on the reflection of starlight on objects, and it\'s frankly pretty unnattractive. I think I\'d like a little color as opposed to the flat white light from before, but only on planets. Outside of atmospheres the light would be white, and it also looks best when showing off a ship because you gets it\'s \"true\" colors, and not the yellowed colors. Really though, this is just personal preference.

An actual problem that update has caused is that some surfaces are also violently bright, even more so and more often that in previous versions, making them unpleasant to look at at best and impossible to work with at worst. Here\'s an example of some grass on one of my projects: http://imgur.com/a/BkXy0
    You can see that the problem is the worst with the cartoon textures and persists from all angles, however with Oldstyle it\'s only the direct reflection of the star that\'s a problem.

Personally, I\'m going to backdate to 0.133 and hope that this is adjusted/fixed in future builds.